PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goddell and Mangini.....Random Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, why has this society become so judgemental in the last two decades?

If these guys are convicted of crimes, their done. That's a no brainer. But if they haven't committed a crime, what's going on here?

Playing in the NFL is a priveledge, not a right. There is a conduct policy which was pushed in part by the players themselves. If the players don't like it, they should have never agreed to it.

So you are essentially anti-progress? Do you think they should wear leather helmets still? Your point is ABSOLUTELY MOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

So how does the game evolve in your opinion? Of course football is in its nature anti-progress, it's human beings hurling themselves at each other and causing physical harm/damage. That's what we find so entertaining and why we watch! If we were a high brow society, Scrabble would be the #1 sport.

Last edited:
Playing in the NFL is a priveledge, not a right. There is a conduct policy which was pushed in part by the players themselves. If the players don't like it, they should have never agreed to it.

A conduct policy that has taken a much steeper curve in the past year; many of the players affected signed their contracts before hand.

A conduct policy that has taken a much steeper curve in the past year; many of the players affected signed their contracts before hand.

The conduct policy was revised because, in part, the players went to Goodell and asked him to get tougher on players.

The conduct policy was revised because, in part, the players went to Goodell and asked him to get tougher on players.

Do you have backup for this statement?

So how does the game evolve in your opinion? Of course football is in its nature anti-progress, it's human beings hurling themselves at each other and causing physical harm/damage. That's what we find so entertaining and why we watch! If we were a high brow society, Scrabble would be the #1 sport.

You must watch MMA huh? High brow society? Like who, the French or the Turkish? What the hell are you talking about? I find a great hit entertaining, but I DO NOT watch football for any sort of violent lust.

Yeah, and there are a **** ton of Home Depot's that they can work at if they choose not to abide by the rules. Wait, Home Depot drug tests. . . . . . .

You must watch MMA huh? High brow society? Like who, the French or the Turkish? What the hell are you talking about? I find a great hit entertaining, but I DO NOT watch football for any sort of violent lust.

I really don't understand your personal attack. I'm a budget manager. Football is entertaining because of the physicallity of it. If you can't admit that, you've completely lost me.

Wow ! Is the NFL feeding the dying in Sudan and Ethiopia now ?

Perhaps their next slogan to the sport fans of America should be
"WATCHING THE NFL IS A PRIVILEDGE, NOT A RIGHT". Those who do not adhere to the strict conduct policy how to behave will not be allowed to watch the NFL in your homes.

You are obviously delusional

Yeah, and there are a **** ton of Home Depot's that they can work at if they choose not to abide by the rules. Wait, Home Depot drug tests. . . . . . .

I'm not talking about drugs, I'm talking about off-field behavior. LT sent hookers to opposing teams hotel rooms.

"WATCHING THE NFL IS A PRIVILEDGE, NOT A RIGHT". Those who do not adhere to the strict conduct policy how to behave will not be allowed to watch the NFL in your homes.

Correct. The NFL is an ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS e.g. profitable sport.

It's their right to invest money in their business, it's my right to buy their product (which they want me to do).

People in Darfur and Ethiopia are not dying of hunger...your post is about as rational as a Speedo on a ski slope.

Last edited:

I'm dilusional because I don't agree with your opinion? Who is being the dictator now?

Many people feel that many players were out of control and something needed to be done. Goodell is doing something. It is your right not to agree with what he is doing, but he is getting high marks all over the league.

I'm dilusional because I don't agree with your opinion? Who is being the dictator now?

Many people feel that many players were out of control and something needed to be done. Goodell is doing something. It is your right not to agree with what he is doing, but he is getting high marks all over the league.

I bet many people think your post is full of generalizations.

People in Darfur and Ethiopia are not dying of hunger...your post is about as rational as a Speedo on a ski slope.

Umm from wikipedia on Darfur:

A famine in the mid-1980s disrupted many societal structures and led to the first significant fighting amongst Darfuris. A low level conflict continued for the next 15 years, with the government coopting and arming "Arab" militias against its enemies. The fighting reached a peak in 2003 with the beginning of the Darfur conflict, in which the resistance coalesced into a roughly cohesive rebel movement. The conflict soon came to be regarded as one of the worst humanitarian disasters in the world. Over 2.5 million people have been displaced, many into camps where emergency aid has created conditions that, although extremely basic, are better than in the villages, where there are over 3.5 million people.

So, yeah, did you frame your GED?

I bet many people think your post is full of generalizations.

Ok, I will be more specific.

Many players and media personnel feel that many players like Chris Henry and Pacman Jones were out of control and something needed to be done to curb their behavior. Goodell is doing something in terms of a far stricter code of conduct policy. It is your right not to agree with what he is doing, but he is getting high marks all over the league.

Are you happy.

Correct. The NFL is an ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS e.g. profitable sport.

It's their right to invest money in their business, it's my right to buy their product (which they want me to do).

It's their right, and in their best interest, to govern the conduct of their players(PRODUCT!). .. .how is that hard for you to fathom??

Ok, I will be more specific.

Many players and media personnel feel that many players like Chris Henry and Pacman Jones were out of control and something needed to be done to curb their behavior. Goodell is doing something in terms of a far stricter code of conduct policy. It is your right not to agree with what he is doing, but he is getting high marks all over the league.

Are you happy.

I bet more people could give a care. If the players are against it, why is the player's union defending them???

Umm from wikipedia on Darfur:

A famine in the mid-1980s disrupted many societal structures and led to the first significant fighting amongst Darfuris. A low level conflict continued for the next 15 years, with the government coopting and arming "Arab" militias against its enemies. The fighting reached a peak in 2003 with the beginning of the Darfur conflict, in which the resistance coalesced into a roughly cohesive rebel movement. The conflict soon came to be regarded as one of the worst humanitarian disasters in the world. Over 2.5 million people have been displaced, many into camps where emergency aid has created conditions that, although extremely basic, are better than in the villages, where there are over 3.5 million people.

So, yeah, did you frame your GED?

Do you realize it is 2007?????? Look up the word genocide you peon.

It's their right, and in their best interest, to govern the conduct of their players(PRODUCT!). .. .how is that hard for you to fathom??

Hahahhahahahhaa

Players aren't a product, ticket sales are. Seriously, I'm a little bit drunk but that's about the dumbest assessment I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back