Welcome to PatsFans.com

God

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +355 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

If this is a thread about "God," as the thread title seems to suggest - perhaps it belongs in "Religion and Lighthearted Discussion" rather than in the political forum.

If this is a thread about Muslims, which the article cited seems to suggest - perhaps you should title it appropriately instead of pretending that you are not looking for yet one more way to sneak in yet another racist/religiously bigoted thread.
  3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

It's about Politics, Presidents and God in the White House, Liberals usually go nuts at this type of thing when anything connected to religion pops up in politics I was just wondering how they felt about this going on in the White House, Clinton & Bush both did it also, but as you and I both know this one will be OK, I don't think we will see any complaints from the Athiest's or the Jesus Bashers.
    GOD WILLING
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  4. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 2 / -1

There are no Jesus bashers, just bashers of "Christian" hypocrites. Huge difference b/t the 2, though I don't expect you to understand.

And again the Christian persecution complex pops up from harry, even though he claims not be believe in god or be religious. I'll tell you what, since "liberals usually go nuts at this type of thing," why don't you start a thread the next time libruls go nuts at this type of thing, instead of yet another "what if?" thread?

Oh, that's right, because it would deprive you of yet another chance to take aim at muslims and atheists. (I guess state has got you beat on blacks.)

btw, if libruls or atheists really did "go nuts" every time religion and politics mixed, you literally would never hear the end of it, because religion and politics are constantly mixed. if you weren't a christian you'd be able to see this.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

H-diggy,

Misleading thread title, it suggests a discussion about Rick Perry...got me all excited...
  6. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

yeah i think having God on the money violated church and state seperation a long time ago
  7. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 2 / -1

but it isn't actually separation of the 2 -- that notion came from the Supreme Court, I believe, and it's far from a rigid wall, obviously

not sure when god was first put on our currency, but if it pre-dated SC rulings, then it goes back to the Constitution, which prohibited establishment of a state religion. That would certainly permit recognition of any religion's leaders or holidays at the White House (even Muslims! sorry, harry and the rest of his ilk)
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I thought it was about Clapton....

Thanks again for wasting bandwidth, Boy.

Where's State been? I need a thread about how superior white people, Jews and Chinese people are.
  9. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 2 / -1

well, he did have a short-lived thread picking out black-on-white crime from among the riots in the UK. Hey, who cares about the thousands of whites rioting, looting, torching buildings and cars -- am I right?
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 3 / -10

The word "God" is fine for all religions; Christian, Judeism, Muslim or any other. God and Allah are one in the same. God is not offensive to anyone...even an atheist.

Why to you keep trying to Harry's posts moved or combined into others?

God bless Harry.
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 3 / -10

Harry, don't ever stop posting brother. I love your followers who come to pay homage to you.

Your ability to raise their ire is commendable. I pray to God they all have a "Harry" in their lives! We should all be so blessed.

Keep up the good work!
  12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +355 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

Have you run that by any atheists you know? And, actually, devout Jews do not utter or write the word G-d.

Why does Ian bother having a religion forum if God is always being discussed as a political entity?

Why does it bother you?
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

Just the other day one of our Left Wing posters said loud and clear "there is only ONE God" I also believe that if there is a God THERE IS ONLY ONE, Obama prayed to that God for 20 years alongside The Racist God Preacher Uncle Jeremiah Wright.

ONE GOD and I don't think he shoulld be Visiting The Whte House the President should hold his little get together in a Local Mosque, Clinton & Bush should have had theirs in a local Church.

I object to this meeting.
    God Willing
  14. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Centuries ago kings and leaders were also the religious leaders, townspeople of a different religion were put to death. I don't know about the dollar bill but my guess is that it refers to God in a more general sense but I'm not sure.
    Anyway, when this country decided to separate church and state I'm sure this was exactly the kind of rule they wanted to avoid.

But religion and politics blend anyway; JFK was chastised just because he was Catholic. In general though Americans always feel good knowing their leaders attend church, we expect it. We demonize politicians who misbehave, careers have actually been ruined over it.

That said, there's a difference between injecting religion into your politics and just living by a moral code. I think most of us prefer something in between but we in this country have a history of seriously empowering some religious leaders to almost a political level and making them fabulously rich as well. The Perry thing in that venue was a little bit weird but worth keeping an eye on. We're living in strange times.
  15. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 2 / -1

who said that, and in what context?
  16. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 2 / -1

The idea of attending church versus living by a moral code, though, illustrates part of the problem. Nothing about church attendance means one lives a relatively moral life, and nothing about not attending church means one fails to live a moral life. Yet far too many people in this country still don't seem to understand that.

If anything, politicians' transgressions should make this abundantly clear. How many members of the "prayer house" ran into moral and/or legal issues, despite their bible thumping on the campaign trail? Yet people continue not only to buy the act, but even to demand it.

In recent years I've dealt with far more religious people than in the past, largely because I've done far more work in the south and midwest. and I've come to view people's talk of their religion the same as I view their talk about their own honesty -- the more someone boasts of either, the more certain you can be that they are full of **it.
  17. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

CAN I GET AN AMEN PEOPLE :singing: Seriously though- look at the Crystal Cathedral worth millions maybe more, Pat Robertson who donated all kinds of money to someone's political campaign (I forget whose), all the way to the extreme of Jim Jones and Jonestown. Like I said we live in strange times, people waiting for the apocolapse need a leader to take them there I guess.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

I believe it was Boris Wilson, the context slips my mind.
  19. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +579 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I think God should appear at the White House ... before Congress even and answer to why he has been asleep at the wheel lately. Rumor has it he has been playing the market with inside information.
  20. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I must admit, you are the gift that just keeps on giving.