Welcome to PatsFans.com

God Works in "Mysterious Ways"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Even some at the NYTimes can see the hand-writing that's on the wall:

[size=+3]The Billary Road to Republican Victory[/size]

By FRANK RICH
    Published: January 27, 2008

IN the wake of George W. Bush, even a miracle might not be enough for the Republicans to hold on to the White House in 2008. But what about two miracles? The new year’s twin resurrections of Bill Clinton and John McCain, should they not evaporate, at last give the G.O.P. a highly plausible route to victory.

Amazingly, neither party seems to fully recognize the contours of the road map. In the Democrats’ case, the full-throttle emergence of Billary, the joint Clinton candidacy, is measured mainly within the narrow confines of the short-term horse race: Do Bill Clinton’s red-faced eruptions and fact-challenged rants enhance or diminish his wife as a woman and a candidate?

Absent from this debate is any sober recognition that a Hillary Clinton nomination, if it happens, will send the Democrats into the general election with a new and huge peril that may well dwarf the current wars over race, gender and who said what about Ronald Reagan.

What has gone unspoken is this: Up until this moment, Hillary has successfully deflected rough questions about Bill by saying, “I’m running on my own” or, as she snapped at Barack Obama in the last debate, “Well, I’m here; he’s not.” This sleight of hand became officially inoperative once her husband became a co-candidate, even to the point of taking over entirely when she vacated South Carolina last week. With “two for the price of one” back as the unabashed modus operandi, both Clintons are in play.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/27/opinion/27rich.html?_r=1&ref=opinion&oref=slogin

//
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -23

I like it when Righties praise the New York Times or sing the praises of Wikipedia, so when other post things from those sites they gain credibility.
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I love it when truth comes out of whatever mouth it does. Black, white, yellow, brown, red, left, right, middle, Catholic, Protestant, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, or any other.

That's what makes my day!!!

:D

//