Welcome to PatsFans.com

God Will Punish Rick Warren..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Dec 25, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

This is why religion should not enter the foray and emphasizes the need for boundaries.. another pastor is now damning Rick Warren for taking part in the Obama Inaugaration...

Wiley Drake is part of the Obama Birth Certificate Truther Movement.. so that speaks volumes about his judgement..

Buena Park pastor says 'God will punish Rick Warren' | warren, obama, drake, baptist, pastor - News - OCRegister.com

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

another example of why more people are rejecting organized religion every passing day, for more than those adhering to it...

3. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

religion needs be more accepting of obviously non-harmful things.

it's truly amazing in the recorded history of this nation that religion and the freedom in this country has been able to co-exist.

it's ironic that the same freedom that allows this pastor to preach, he wants to damn and restrict others. i bet he wouldn't be singing this tune if he was in the middle east and persecuted for his beliefs

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Rick Warren damning and wanting to restrict others reminds me of the Pelosi Gang wanting to damn and restrict others.
    (Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter and all of Talk Radio)

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Wiley Drake is mistaken, and Rick Warren will not be punished for simply attending Obama's inauguration and saying the invocation. Rick Warren may be punished for other things, but not for that.

//

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Rick Warren has a right to his opinions and he has a right to voice those opinions whether some people agree with him or not.
    THAT'S THE AMERICAN WAY, THATS FREEDOM OF SPEECH, THE NEW PRESIDENT REALIZES THIS AND RESPECTS RICK WARREN'S RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH (I'M SURE THE ACLU PONY TAILED LAWYERS WOULD AGREE ALSO)

OBAMA IS BECOMING A LITTLE LIKE GEORGE BUSH, HE DOESN'T SEEM TO GIVE A F-CK WHAT THE LIBERALS THINK (GOOD FOR HIM)

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

Find it interesting that you can pass judgement on anyone, defies what most know about religion...

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I don't make the rules, thus cannot pass any judgment. Things are what they are. I only comment on things, and have no other powers.

//

9. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

and religion and history can decide what is remembered. council of nicea and gospel of philip.... we don't like that gospel so let's get rid of it.;)

10. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Im so tired of religion being blamed for individual idiots. Its a great excuse for non-believers to trash Christianity or "religion". They find one nut or 10 nuts, post the story, and then go on a rant about religion.

I have no use for big mouthed Pastors, and this guy should start preaching on the Word of God instead of letting his political views dominate his doctrine. I also wish Rick Warren would concentrate more on the Gospel and less on his own ego.

That all being said, please try bashing the morons without the intellectually lazy generalizations. Do you know how many churches there are? How many Pastors?

I still ask that there be a thread created, called the anti-religion/God/Christianity thread, where all these stories can be posted without clogging up the political forum.

11. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

bottom line, Fog, if Rick Warren believes in Jesus Christ, professes with his mouth Jesus is Lord, and believes He rose from the dead, then He is Saved. That is what the Bible says.
    You or I cannot judge him. And that goes for anybody else. We are all equal in Gods eyes.

I asked a Southern Baptist Pastor once if a Homosexual believes in Jesus, is he or she Saved? Man, his face got all red, he didnt want to say it, but he had to tell me that, yes, that person was Saved.

Man complicates everything. And Jesus said My yokes is easy, my burden is light. Man made religion throws guilt on people and make them think they have to go through hoops to find Salvation. But if that was true, it would lessen the power of what Jesus did for us on the Cross. If it was about how perfect we were, what was his death for? No, none of us our righteous enough, only through the blood of Jesus are we Saved. When the thief on the cross asked Jesus to remember him, Jesus did not tell him to go do this and do that and get "good enough". His belief that Jesus was Lord was enough.

We are not the judge and cannot know the relationship anyone has with God, whats in their hearts. Only God has that power and that insight to judge.

12. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,351 / 10 / -7

#75 Jersey

We know who makes all the rules in your life.

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Then what do you say about Jesus saying, "There will be those who say, 'Lord, lord', and I will say, 'Depart from me, you evil-doers'" ??

Just because someone "says" they believe does not make them a believer; they need to walk the walk as well as talk the talk.

If someone truly believes in Jesus as the Lord of lords, they will obey Him. And surely Jesus would say, "Do not repeat the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah, do not engage in unnatural lust."

No obedience, no salvation. The thief on the right expressed his faith in Christ with his dying breath; he had made his decision. Jesus could accept that because it was a dying man's last confession. But far better than waiting until the last breath would be to find, accept, and follow the Lord's way from right now; further diversions only make for more regrets. The fewer regrets the better the memories and the better the eternal life.

//

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  14. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Don't know if you know, let alone the "we" you say you speak for. Only God in Heaven makes the rules for me. I follow His laws only.

//

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Re: God Will Punish Rick Warren:

If God is going to punish Rick Warren I wonder what he'll do to Uncle Teddy & Billy Blue Dress.

16. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +156 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

PARK — Southern Baptist Pastor Wiley Drake bashed Saddleback Church Pastor Rick Warren this week, saying "God will punish" Warren for agreeing to give the invocation at President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration next month.

"I pray He is kind to you in this punishment that is coming," Drake wrote in a widely-released e-mail. In it, the First Southern Baptist Church of Buena Park pastor criticizes Warren's "recent plan to invoke the presence of almighty God on this evil illegal alien," a reference to Obama.

Judge not, For Yee Shall be JUDJED
    The word of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  17. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

This is an example of a hissy fit from the far religious right to match the hissy fit from the far left over Obama’s invitation to and acceptance by Warren to speak at the inauguration. It’s ironic that the ones who preach tolerance the loudest on both sides are the first ones to abandon it the minute they’re faced with practicing it.

18. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I agree, its more than just saying it, it must be true in our hearts. But if it is true in our hearts that we believe He is Lord, and we believe it enough to proclaim it, who are you or me to judge who is the evil-doer or not? Thats between the Lord and that person. Otherwise, who could be Saved? Nobody is clean enough. Nobody is Righeous enough without the blood of Jesus.
    You are making it all about behavior and works and that is simply not biblical.
    Read Romans sometime.

19. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,351 / 10 / -7

#75 Jersey

You're assuming you've received God's laws......and not some rules made by a money-laundering, rapist, cult leader.

20. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

He received "God's Laws" when he sent in the $19.95 after watching the Infommercial. 6 to 8 weeks later he received his Word from God kit.