God we sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Va_Pats_Fan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
everything....sucked.

Re: God we sucked.

With Cassel, the only way this team can compete is for the Pats to run four-down offense once the team crosses mid-field. Although Madden was calling for bombs to Moss all night, this tendency to throw long kills drives. Cassel needs to dink and dunk his way to first downs. Four down offense makes sense because settling for field goals will not cut it these days because the Pats D can't shut teams down. On defense the Pats must play to stop the pass, forcing teams to run clock and thus shorten the game. To play offense and defense as if Brady were here is nonsensical.

The sad thing is we had a bye week to prepare for this game. Very dissapointing week. All I wanted was a competitive game.

No we didn't, the bye week was before the Niners game. Still, a pretty sad performance.

everything....sucked.

Hanson and Sammy were our only bright spots-and Meriweather who made a great read and an almost great play before he went down.

Other than that....:confused2:

The Pats have sucked since preseason started. I'm thinking that we are probably watching the downside of a dynasty. I think the SuperBowl loss took the wind out of the Pats' sails.

I certainly can't complain. It's just a tough adjustment to root for a JAT -- just a team.

1st and goal from the one...with a Sammy Morris...and you pass three times??? trailing in the game? with Cassel throwing???...somebody needs to get their calls straightened out...THAT is obvious.

Yep, the Pats sucked tonight. As very often happens, an NFL team lost the second of back-to-back road games - against a team that went to the AFCCG last year. And in the standings this loss counts exactly as much as a loss by one point, or an overtime loss. Hopefully the Chargers will be just as effective next week in Buffalo.

The Pats have sucked since preseason started. I'm thinking that we are probably watching the downside of a dynasty. I think the SuperBowl loss took the wind out of the Pats' sails.

I certainly can't complain. It's just a tough adjustment to root for a JAT -- just a team.

I don't think that in really true. This defense looks no worse than it did in 2005, and we bounced back from that year with 2 AFCCG appearences and one gut wrenching SB loss.

They'll straighten out next year and we'll be loaded for bear.

Honestly, without Tom Brady we're lucky if we hit 9 wins. The Colts would be just as bad with Sorgi, and the Giants would be absolute crap with Carr. There are only so many QB's to go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back