PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

God wants Patriots to Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogbuster

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Too many unreal, improbable, utterly unheard of events in one game. Only one answer for all of this: God wants the Patriots to win, again.

My only conclusion to not only this amazing game, which I could actually see in its entirety because for some unknown reason my cable TV company in Vilnius, Lithuania, decided to show NFL games this year instead of yet another Russian/Polish/ German/French/Italian/ or Lithuanian network (they have about 40 such networks already on this cable system), or still more soccer games (which run practically 24 hours a day, 365 days a year) is that God really does want the Patriots to win in this new millennium.

I will leave to each one of you to decide exactly *why* God wants this to happen. I have my ideas, but that's neither here nor there.

Unlikely, against all reasonable odds, "over-matched" in every important tangible category (runners, receivers, defensive speed and size, etc., etc., etc.) the Patriots simply played better, were more tenacious, and got some unbelievable breaks in this game. Troy Brown's strip?!!! Are you kidding me!!! (In balance, I did see some clear infractions committed by the Chargers that did not get called, so the pay-back is understandable, but still... to have it all go right at just the right time ... Whoa.)

Brady looked dazed for much of the game, almost lethargic, overthrowing and under-throwing, getting picked *three* times (!!!) but when the money was on the line Tom and the rest of these incredible guys came through. (This has GOT to keep Pay-a-ton up all night tonight, and maybe several nights this week!! )

This one is a game for the ages, as a case study on how strange and unlikely turns of events are still very much at play in today's world.

And, yeah, I'm exhausted, too. Four-plus hours of the most intriguing football I think I have ever watched in my life.

Congratulations Pats and all their fans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots