Welcome to PatsFans.com

God & The Dingobats (Again)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 2 / -9

2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Harry, you just don't get it, do you: the left *wants* God when it suits *their* agenda; when it doesn't then it's all about "we must have separation between church and state; there can't be any prayer in schools (unless led by homosexual priests); we need to give the wiccans *their* chance at the alter; etc., etc., etc."

The left likes "God" when they can talk about Jesus as the "first communist" (because he said, "feed the poor") or the "Holy homosexual" because he said, "love your brother", but if it's about what the MAIN theme of all religions -- creating a solid, healthy man/woman/children family -- then suddenly that becomes "insensitive, outmoded, old-fashioned" thinking.

//
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +226 / 6 / -7

The left has as much history with religion as the right. People like MLK, Jessie Jackson, Father Drinan, various abolitionist leaders, and so on were all highly religious. The left believes in the separation of church and state, but is not as a rule opposed to religion and believes that religious people often share common ground with less religious people. While it's true that some religious people oppose government programs to help the poor, are quick to justify war and vengeance, and defend avarice, there are millions of liberals and leftists who subscribe to more compassionate versions of Christianity. The left has never been anti-religion, and people like Carter, perhaps our most religious president of modern times, is a good example of that.
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +569 / 2 / -9

Did you notice the last sentence when Obooma says he didn't understand God and Gitmo/Abba Dabba Prison, but he said nothing about the Muslim Terrorists carving heads off on TV or Saddam throwing people off roofs.
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, there are "religious" and then there are "religious". Different interpretations of God's will abound throughout the world. Witness "The Divinci Code" and now several wanne be versions of "new findings" of ancient holy texts.

The fact of the reality is that we have reached a time in history when the whole shebang is up for review. No singular interpretation any longer holds sway exclusively or even predominantly. All religions have their factions and divisions. It's like Cain and Abel all over again, only this time it is in EVERYthing: religion, politics, education, the media.

There is a "Cain-type view" (God cheated me) and an Abel-type view (God has blessed me) in all aspects of life. How to please EVERYONE so we may all receive God's blessing is the issue. For that, a most extraordinary person is necessary, if only to open the door to what God has in store for us all.

It's a great time to be alive, but it's also a very fearful time because one mistake could be very difficult to correct, thus very costly. I like the advice that says: "Pray constantly. Keep your heart and mind clear to see what God wants for the human family."

//
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

He's saying that those who are blessed (America) should not do anything wrong; those who have been "cursed" (for lack of a better term), meaning all other than Americans, are not held to the same standard. It's a tough life at the top. He does have a point. But there is NO excuse for head-chopping or women-stoning, either.

//
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +569 / 2 / -9

Head Chopping, Women Stoning, Gassing People, Filling Mass Graves, Rape Rooms, Foot Chopping, Hand Chopping, Tongue Removal, it would have been nice if he had thought to mention these thing along with the "Dog Leash Lady" and the "Gitmo Prisoners" who had their little bible flushed down the toilet.
  8. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I want it to be on the record that I strongly oppose head-chopping and women-stoning. My Pastor has been clear on this and has been at the forefront of speaking out against head-chopping and women-stoning in all its forms. ;)
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 6 / -2

It was interesting to see CNN host a 2 hour show on "Faith in Politics" or what have you, where the 3 people they had on the show were Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and John Edwards.
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +226 / 6 / -7

Perhaps to balance that, they should have a show with John McCain, Mitt Romney, and Rudy Giuliani talking about gay rights and abortion.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +456 / 6 / -2

As usual, you miss the point. I found it interesting because of the criticism most Dems/lefty's have ponied up over religion and politics the last few years. All of a sudden, they run a 2 hour documentary on how religious Democrats are. Don't look now, but they are becoming everything they criticized. Is that surprising? Not to me, since I've been saying they are all the same anyway.
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +226 / 6 / -7

No, I was making a different point.

The Dems claim they were religious all along, but are just private about it. That's possible, I suppose. I gather most people in this country are fairly religious, but I don't know. At any rate, the religious vote has power. I'm sure we'll see the Republicans as usual make a play for the black and Hispanic vote, but that won't be important for them until the general election. And, yes, at the presidential level the parties are pretty similar because they're both competing the same block of people, the independents.
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +456 / 6 / -2

Like I said then, you missed the point.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

Chop, chop, chop! ;) Imagine if FOX had hand picked 3 GOP contestants for a 2 hour special on their Faith & Politics. I'm sure you'd be singing the same tune.