Welcome to PatsFans.com

God Is Finally Coming

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,118 / 3 / -10

I knew it, those God Damn democrats, this is all the fault of that "denture sucking b!tch Pelosi" and her little gang of a$s kissing weasles.

Today:
    A respected pastor, best-selling author and founder of a major ministry to teens predicts an imminent "earth-shattering calamity" centered in New York City that will spread to major urban areas across the country and around the world – part of what he sees as a judgment from God.
    Famed pastor predicts imminent catastrophe

HAVE MERCY OH LORD

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Yeah i heard the hookers are going on strike,they want to form a union so the can get better working conditions. Then they're going to take their movement worldwide.
    What are all the politicians going to do? :eek:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  3. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

"It will engulf the whole megaplex, including areas of New Jersey and Connecticut." The ahh reverend
    I don't see what the problem is we don't live in NJ, NY, or Conn.
    Maybe THE FAVRE un-retires and the Jests fans can't take anymore.;)

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What's this retard going to do on New Year's Day, 2014, when nothing has STILL happened? This POS should be in prison for fraud and racketeering, along with all the other religious con-artists. I have no problem with religions who operate without monetary demand in exchange for salvation and who don't try to scare the living sh!t out of the elderly and children. Any parent who takes their kids to a "pastor" like this should have their kids taken away, or at the very least, be forced to go to psychotherapy...and I am no fan of psychotherapy or taking someone's kids away.

Imagine how many people's security and peace of mind this POS (with the help of his minions) has ruined with his "God of Fury" bullsh!t

5. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

I scaned over it for the date 2014 didn't see it, but the world is suppose to end in 2012 so i guess this doesn't matter.
    He's probably trying to scare up buisness. Put the fear of God into some newbies.

6. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

No, NO! The world's gonna end in 2013 (according to the con-man). I was wondering what he would do on the first day of 2014 if the world was still there.

Get your End-Times dates straight, fakrissakes!

7. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Allright i guess your right just split the difference. There was a famous preacher (not famous enough that i remember his name) from NY:rolleyes: that predicted the end of the world at a certain time on a certain day, this being in the (mid eighteen hundreds) Everyone gathered together that day to witness the end. (I think it was a sunrise) When it didn't happen they waited until sundown,and then till dark. The preacher proclaimed he had mixed the days up it was to be the next day Again everyone gathered and again nothing happened. So they all went home and ate dinner. This sect still is around today, i'll see if i can google it. ;)
    His name was William Miller the founder of the seventh day adventists. And now the rest of the story. :rolleyes:

Despite the urging of his supporters, Miller never personally set an exact date for the expected Second Advent. However, in response to their urgings he did narrow the time-period to sometime in the Jewish year beginning in the Gregorian year 1843, stating: "My principles in brief, are, that Jesus Christ will come again to this earth, cleanse, purify, and take possession of the same, with all the saints, sometime between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844.[18] March 21, 1844 passed without incident,and further discussion and study resulted in the brief adoption of a new date--April 18, 1844, based on the Karaite Jewish calendar (as opposed to the Rabbinic calendar).[19] Like the previous date, April 18 passed without Christ's return. Miller responded publicly, writing, "I confess my error, and acknowledge my disappointment; yet I still believe that the day of the Lord is near, even at the door."[20]

In August 1844 at a camp-meeting in Exeter, New Hampshire, Samuel S. Snow presented a message that became known as the "seventh-month" message or the "true midnight cry." In a discussion based on scriptural typology, Snow presented his conclusion (still based on the 2300 day prophecy in Daniel 8:14), that Christ would return on, "the tenth day of the seventh month of the present year, 1844."[21] Again using the calendar of the Karaite Jews, this date was determined to be October 22, 1844.

[edit] The Great Disappointment
    Main articles: Great Disappointment and Adventist

The sun rose on the morning of October 23 like any other day, and October 22, became the Millerites' Great Disappointment. Hiram Edson recorded that "Our fondest hopes and expectations were blasted, and such a spirit of weeping came over us as I never experienced before....We wept, and wept, till the day dawn."[22] Following the Great Disappointment most Millerites simply gave up their beliefs. Some did not and as viewpoints and explanations proliferated. Miller initially seems to have thought that Christ’s Second Coming was still going to take place--that "the year of expectation was according to prophecy; but...that there might be an error in Bible chronology, which was of human origin, that could throw the date off somewhat and account for the discrepancy."[23] Miller never gave up his belief in the Second Coming of Christ; he died on December 20, 1849, still convinced that the Second Coming was imminent. Miller is buried near his home in Low Hampton, NY and his home is a registered National Historic Landmark and preserved as a museum: William Miller's Home

8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,985 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

God has been coming for quite some time now ... the never ending religious orgasm continues. :confused:

9. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Oh no, he DI-INT!

10. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +421 / 35 / -25

#12 Jersey

i am actually somewhat familiar with this pastor. i heard he had this same sort of vision before 9-11 happened and he warned people about it. i wouldn't mess around with this guy.

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,118 / 3 / -10

Jesus Christ now you've done it, the Dingobats think the Bush Family planted dynamite in the Twin Towers if they're right maybe Barbara Bush told this Pastor and then he predicted it, Oh jesus.

12. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

isn't it past your bedtime. Or did you have to get up to change your depends? :p :D

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009