Welcome to PatsFans.com

God Damned Obama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -9

The troops still fighting the wars are screwed now, this Poster Boy Jerk the silly voters turned our country and our military over to is very busy right now fighting his own little war right here at home, Our President Is At War With Fox News And A TV Clown (Glenn Beck) and in this stupid Presidents mind Fox News is more important than the troops in Afghanistan.....Where the hell are all those Bush Hating War Protesters, dirty phony scumsucking bastards, where's that friggin Fat Slob John Murtha, his stinking slobbering jowels were constantly flapping with his "end the war sh!t" when the "Hated Bush" was in charge, this Pig Murtha was even dragging his brother Marines through the sh!t just to "Get Bush", oh Jesus.

These troops are on their own now.

OH GOD HE HAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SMILE

NEWS TODAY
    Morale dips for American marines in Afghanistan
    In a remote part of Helmand troops are dismayed by the ambivalence of locals and a sense that the Taliban can outlast them.
    Morale dips for American marines in Afghanistan - Times Online
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

That is why we should send all our troops home and then proceed to start closing some of our 700+ military installations on foreign soil.. it would save a boat load of money.
  3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -9

I agree, guard our own country and our own people, let China, France Russia and Germany worry about the rest of the world, there is no sense in America going to war with anybody anymore no matter what the reason we always lose and surrender, someday we will leave the "Donkey Country's" with nothing accomplished but dead americans, when we finally surrender Muslims all over the world will laugh and give us the finger.

Right now all attention from Barry and his Czars is destroying and censoring Fox News, that one will be lost also.
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +128 / 7 / -13

The part that is bad, the administration changed the rules of engagement, if there is any possibility of a civilian being in the area troops can call in air support or artillery, the taliban has figured this out, this change in the REO is leading to more US causalities.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Any US casualties from now on is unacceptable and are the sole responsibility of Obama. He could have and should have removed all troops from the middle east by now but for some insane and illogical reason, he has failed to do so. Looks like he has succumbed to the Pentagon bullsh!t that has us remaining there in the first place, or he is afraid of being killed by the Military Industrial Complex and their stockholders.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

We have bases in Germany and England.

Could someone please explain the logic behind that?
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Suggest you read the Pat Tillman book by Krakhauer??, the rules of engagement in Iraq are similar... the rules of engagement in Tora Bora when it was believed that OBL was hiding there prohibited and active search.. this whole war has been a clusterf..ck since the onset... war is never the answer.

In Gulf War I, we played nice for those rules of engagement as well..
  8. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +344 / 6 / -8

I'm really glad you posted this, Harry, because I wasn't absolutely certain you still hated our C in C. I mean, you did yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that, but how could I be certain you still did today, prior to reading this thought-provoking ouevre?

I have no problem w/Fox being described as it is, other than tactical. Fox is far enough beneath comment that I'm not certain there's any point served in saying so. They are a political organization, not a news source, and of course they will therefore incur disfavor from their political opposition, just as they were favored by their political patrons in the last administration. The only thing that remotely bothers me is that the white house bothers to say so.

I doubt it's unintentional, but I'm not certain what the idea is, in bothering to comment about Faux news at that level.

PFnV
  9. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +344 / 6 / -8

Oh by the way, in regard to Afghanistan, I personally agree. Unfortunately, he's doing precisely what he ran on: fighting the war where the terrorists are, rather than the war in Iraq. I have said for some time that the actual problem is one of international law enforcement cooperation, and the thugs we elevate to the level of a national enemy are in fact criminals not combatants. Now they are without a doubt well-armed criminals, but so are the crips and the bloods. Drug gangs, territorial gangs, and ideological gangs all predominantly do their work with low-tech, low-cost weaponry, and blend into populations, adding the burdens of locating them and the burden of proof of involvement to the burden of beating them in the field. You're looking for specific leadership figures, and a specific couple of thousand of hard-core criminal. The sideshow in trying to graft the criminal problem onto large swaths of territory is secondary. You try to hold a large swath of territory and brand the (local) criminal as an enemy of the U.S. -- the country occupying that swath of foreign territory -- and you do little more than disqualify your judgement of their criminal activities, all too often. Simply put, you legitimize a criminal gang when you elevate it to the status of an enemy state.

However, Obama (or "god damned Obama," as you call him,) ran not on the premise of disengaging from all foreign occupations, but on the premise of shifting the focus of the "war on terror" to Afghanistan and its border with Pakistan. He is, in essence, doing exactly what he said he was going to do.

You know as well as I do you would be calling on God to damn your president were he withdrawing every foreign-deployed American soldier... I've seen your rants against Cindy Sheehan et al. So why pretend to give a flying fart, when in fact you only hate war when it is the responsibility of your political betes noir?

PFnV
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

I don't believe he ever said he'd do so, did he? Wasn't his plan for Iraq to withdraw U.S. combat troops by Aug. 31, 2010, but leaving behind as many as 50,000 Marines and soldiers until the end of 2011 as peacekeeping troops and moral support? They'd remain until Dec. 31, 2011, the date on which the Bush administration agreed to withdraw all troops under a pact with Iraq.

The planned withdrawl of combat troops from Iraq is only 2 months longer than he promised in his campaign - close enough to still be kosher.

And, as MrPFnV points out, he's always stated that he'd be looking at Afghanistan and continuing to follow the Bush Doctrine which states that we would not distinguish between terrorist organizations and nations or governments that harbor them.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  11. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +128 / 7 / -13

THe ROE have been changed since the administration came into office. The GI's in the field are very upset with the new restrictions.
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -9

One of my biggest gripes for years, maybe they think Hitler is coming back to life.
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Agreed.

However, this is kinda why the Bush Administration put a permanent stamp down in Iraq with those multi-billion dollar mega-bases. I have little doubt their thinking was like this: ... "well, once we build it, future administrations will HAVE to stay here and justify the cost."

They're like the Necromancers from Riddick. A permanent scar representing invasion.

Still, Obama should have kept his promise to be anti-Cheney, yet has failed.
  14. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I dunno, it seems they skedaddled over to Pakistan. Maybe that's why Obama is hesitant on such a large commitment trying to make a stable environment for a bunch of stone age drug manufacturers that will always hate us. I guess I'm ok with him thinking this through more. The larger issue to me is the world's apparent propensity for using America for its 911 emergency calls, then when we engage we have to do it alone and are condemned for doing so.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009