Welcome to PatsFans.com

God bless Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

I work mostly with men, and so many of them were sexually abused as children -- by fathers, uncles, priests, bullies, prisonmates, and others -- and it's unbelievable the damage that that kind of abuse does to some people. By Brown coming forward, he has done a great thing. For many abused people, no one believes them, no wants to hear them, or people wonder how the survivor could have "let it happen"; Brown's admission helps validate those who suffered this kind of abuse.

Senator Scott Brown says sexually abused as child | Reuters

Republican Senator Scott Brown will reveal he was physically and sexually abused as a child during an upcoming interview with "60 Minutes," CBS said on Wednesday.

The 51-year-old Massachusetts senator says he was sexually abused several times by a camp counselor and also physically abused by stepfathers, according to a statement from the news show.

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,380 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Good find and what's best is when these people break the cycle. One of the most admirable qualities of a decent person is when they recognize cycles that must be broken ... they are an inspiration for others to do the same.

3. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

Good for him. That takes serious guts.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

When I did victimization work, was always amazed by the "psyche" of a person, for some victimization led to a life of addictions and crime, some buried it and it manifested itself in other ways, while for others it empowered them to do some very good things..

It is less about self control, but more about resiliency, which cannot be operationalized.. without regard it is very brave what he has done.

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

When i voted for this guy, it was out of reprehension for Coakly's arrogance more than admiration for Brown. I really was unsure about him because of his campaign gimmicry, but it's turning out pretty good in the balance. Brown was a good choice.