Status
Not open for further replies.

eom

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
those guys kicked ass !!

hope everybody stayed up for that.

eagles down a score with 6 min left

3-1-NE 5 (6:21) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 13-D.Johnson up the middle to NE 5 for no gain (68D-L.Tuipulotu). PENALTY on NE-98-M.Forston, Illegal Use of Hands, 3 yards, enforced at NE 5 - No Play.
it was tuipulotu that made that stop happen by pushing his man (udfa josh andrews) back off the line

1-2-NE 2 (6:07) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 13-D.Johnson right guard to NE 1 for 1 yard (42-T.Hawkins).
udfa lb james morris and darius fleming (2012 niners 5th rounder who missed each of the last 2 seasons due to torn ACLs) maintained good position and got some penetration to make the next play happen, although udfa cb travis hawkins was there as a backstop to fall on the ballcarrier

2-1-NE 1 (5:41) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 13-D.Johnson right guard to NE 1 for no gain (68D-L.Tuipulotu; 44-D.Fleming).
tuipulotu got good push on andrews again and shed him, enabling fleming to slice through the line for the stop

3-1-NE 1 (5:08) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 13-D.Johnson up the middle to NE 1 for no gain (68D-L.Tuipulotu; 44-D.Fleming).
this was a scrum with the pats line standing the eagles up, and tuipulotu shedding his guy to get penetration and make the play

4-1-NE 1 (4:43) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 13-D.Johnson up the middle to NE 1 for no gain (31D-S.Gary; 68D-L.Tuipulotu).
the final stop was tuipulotu holding the point of attack, allowing udfa safety shamiel gary to slice through the line and get to the ballcarrier for the stop

It was one of the high points of the game, for me anyway. Brought back memories of the goal line stand against the Colts. McGinest charges in from the left side of the line and drags down the RB for a loss on 4th down.

Nice topic eom. Gut check time. I think BB will enjoy reviewing it with the team.

Always love a good goal-line stand! I'm sure it'll help with the confidence of the young guys who were in there at the time. Great job.

It seems to be one thing that the rules makers forget... fans love watching big defensive plays.

Reminds me of our defense from the first and a half of last season before injuries destroyed it.

Had I been able to see it, instead of being switched to the
Sea game, I'm sure I would have been excited.

The biggest takeaway seems to be that udfa josh andrews won't be making the Eagles.

Reactions: ALP
The biggest takeaway seems to be that udfa josh andrews won't be making the Eagles.

lol yeah he was gettin' pushed around pretty good -- guy's apparently some udfa guard getting a look at center

I'd be interested to see what happens with tuipulotu, though

Patriots sign former Utah D-Lineman L.T. Tuipulotu | U of U Sports | The Salt Lake Tribune

L.T. Tuipulotu received just one call after the NFL draft, from Green Bay.

He attended their rookie mini-camp and received positive reviews, but his agent, Aaron Gordon, says Tuipulotu was on "standby" for an undrafted free agent contract until a spot opened up.
The former Ute told The Tribune by phone Thursday night that he was starting to think about Plan B — as in, life after football.

He was back in Utah watching his young son, Tevita, on Wednesday when Gordon called "out of nowhere and told me to get ready to be on the plane in three hours."

The Patriots were interested in the 23-year-old defensive tackle. He flew in to Boston at midnight and then woke up at 5 a.m. for a private workout — similar to Pro Day but with more individual drills, he said.

He had planned to catch a 3 p.m. flight back, but he was delayed.

By a contract offer.

Reactions: ALP
PS candidate? With dl depth thin due to a couple injuries it is possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes