PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Go see how 1200 Dolphin Fans voted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bradyisgod, where are your answers? Have you not been back or are you flat out stumped?

Saban was nothing short of brilliant last year and Belichick actullys models his system off of Sabans.

Of course coaches go to each other for advice, but to say that BB models his system after Saban's is utter dog crap. Show me an article where BB once says that. Not where he says he calls Saban for advice, but one that says he MODELS his system off Saban. Two completely different things.

If you're going to ask dumb questions like that, the same can be said for every team. The young defense question is stupid, our defense is actully aging if anything. Saban bad judgement of character? Please, you guys have players who have been hit with marajuana charges too so don't start that crap. Saban was nothing short of brilliant last year and Belichick actullys models his system off of Sabans. And lastly, Ronnie Brown didn't slow down the last 6 games. He was hurt for the remaining 2 games of the year and didn't suit. Other than that, he played very good in those last games in which he did play.

So let's point out some questions for the Patriots similar to the ones you asked about the Fins:

Laurence Maroney- All Pats fans think he is the best thing since sliced bread. Well if you are going to question Ronnie Brown's experiance, what about Maroney?

The Patriots dont have to push the panic button if, for some reason Laurence Maroney doesnt do great in his rookie season. He is not going to be our starting running back. Dillon can bounce back from his injuries last year(whether you want to believe it or not, he is a tough guy and will do whatever it takes to be on the field even with injuries). Kevin Faulk and Patrick Pass are very good backups, so I like 4 good running backs on our roster.

Can Chad Jackson start- More often than not, rookie WRs struggle at a starting spot. Also, why did Jackson fall so far down in the draft?

Why did he fall down in the draft? I dont know. Many people were stunned by his workouts and speed and he never did anything but impress during the scouting. He just fell, the Pats took him and it was a steal. Again we dont know, like Laurence Maroney will be great in the NFL, but they sure were in college and if they have impressed Bellichick enough I'm more than happy to have them. I'm sure Belichick wouldnt trade up to snag Chad early in the second round if he had any doubts about him.

Adam Vinatieri- Your must clutch performer who won you a lot of games is gone. Neither Gramatic or that rookie will do half the job he did.

Yup, hes gone. But does that mean no other kicker can boot a 40 yard game winner? Heck no. Gostkowski is most likely going to be the kicker on opening day judging by mini camp at least, it was said the rookie out performed Gramatica. The Pats did not keep Vinatieri for one sole reason, he was asking for way too much money...view the link in my sig if you really want to.

Returning from injuries- You say Daunte will have a tough time doing it, but most of your team is returning from injuries, why are they any differnt?

There are a few people returning from injuries. Most people are doing just fine. Our concerns lay mostly on Center Dan Koppen and Rodney Harrison. But I will never doubt Rodney. He is one of the toughest guys you will find in the NFL. If anyone can return from such a severe injury and play at a good level, its definitley Rodney Harrison. Injuries happen unexpectadly, most of our players are feeling fine now and all we can hope for is no catastrophic Brady injury or another case of secondary depletion. As of right now, injuries arent a huge concern, though we have a few players to be a little concerned about.

And just for fun:

Will Bill Belichick's recent affair alegations cause problems in the locker room? HAHA!

Pretty distastefull if I say so myself. And as of now its not a big deal, as everything is going fine, all but one of our draft picks have signed nearing training camp. All it is is a few idiots spreading rumors, and pretty much none of the big sites are buying what the Boston Herald is saying...or they simply do not think it is a big enough deal to be discussed. And I dont see why it would cause locker room problems as most of the locker room highly respects Bill.

Non bold = Aqua

Last edited:
Kdo5 said:
The Patriots dont have to push the panic button if, for some reason Laurence Maroney doesnt do great in his rookie season. He is not going to be our starting running back. Dillon can bounce back from his injuries last year(whether you want to believe it or not, he is a tough guy and will do whatever it takes to be on the field even with injuries). Kevin Faulk and Patrick Pass are very good backups, so I like 4 good running backs on our roster.

Just being tough doesn't make you good in the NFL. Corey Dillon is defintly on the decline and probably won't have another 1000 yard season. Sure I think Maroney will some day be great, but just not yet. Nonetheless, your answer is understandable.

Why did he fall down in the draft? I dont know. Many people were stunned by his workouts and speed and he never did anything but impress during the scouting. He just fell, the Pats took him and it was a steal. Again we dont know, like Laurence Maroney will be great in the NFL, but they sure were in college and if they have impressed Bellichick enough I'm more than happy to have them. I'm sure Belichick wouldnt trade up to snag Chad early in the second round if he had any doubts about him.

This question really can't be answerd. You never know how a player will turn out coming out of the draft. I think Chad is a good player, but you can never say a rookie is NFL ready.

Yup, hes gone. But does that mean no other kicker can boot a 40 yard game winner? Heck no. Gostkowski is most likely going to be the kicker on opening day judging by mini camp at least, it was said the rookie out performed Gramatica. The Pats did not keep Vinatieri for one sole reason, he was asking for way too much money...view the link in my sig if you really want to.

Once again, the rookie situation. But I guarentee he is no Adam Vinatieri.

There are a few people returning from injuries. Most people are doing just fine. Our concerns lay mostly on Center Dan Koppen and Rodney Harrison. But I will never doubt Rodney. He is one of the toughest guys you will find in the NFL. If anyone can return from such a severe injury and play at a good level, its definitley Rodney Harrison. Injuries happen unexpectadly, most of our players are feeling fine now and all we can hope for is no catastrophic Brady injury or another case of secondary depletion. As of right now, injuries arent a huge concern, though we have a few players to be a little concerned about.

Ok, I guess we will just see how it shakes out.

Pretty distastefull if I say so myself. And as of now its not a big deal, as everything is going fine, all but one of our draft picks have signed nearing training camp. All it is is a few idiots spreading rumors, and pretty much none of the big sites are buying what the Boston Herald is saying...or they simply do not think it is a big enough deal to be discussed. And I dont see why it would cause locker room problems as most of the locker room highly respects Bill.

Yeah I threw that in because the other guy threw in the question about JT and ZT's realationship.

The reason I generated all these questions is to make a point. You can make questions like that for every single team. You never really know anything, that's why they play the games.

Non bold = Me

Come on Aqua04 don't ignore my question, show me a link.

mavfan2390 said:
Come on Aqua04 don't ignore my question, show me a link.

I already said in my previous post, that I had no idea where to look for that. But it was the first time the teams met, all the analysts on TV and on the internet would mentioning how Belichick runs the same style as Saban.

pats1 said:
Hearing every ESPN anaylsts proclaim they'll never vote against BB and TB before the Denver loss was nice

I had an uneasy feeling before the Denver game b/c everybody was scared to pick against the Pats, since they had proven so many doubters wrong in the past. For that game we didn't have the 'no respect' edge, that belonged to a 13-3 team playing at home that had gone mainly ignored during the 2005 season.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I already said in my previous post, that I had no idea where to look for that. But it was the first time the teams met, all the analysts on TV and on the internet would mentioning how Belichick runs the same style as Saban.
lol lol :rolleyes:

The last time I checked, ESPN was a public site. I'm not sure how many Phinz fans actually participated in this meaningless poll, but after over 12,500 votes tallied, Miami is the clear front runner according the members who decided to post their opinions...

Personally, I don't think the majority of Phinz fans put much stock into off-season polls like this one. It's just an "opinion poll", and until we actually see these teams in action in 2006, we wont really know what to expect....

That said, I do think this is the year that the Phinz regain the AFC East title...

:rocker:

BLITZKRIEG said:
The last time I checked, ESPN was a public site. I'm not sure how many Phinz fans actually participated in this meaningless poll, but after over 12,500 votes tallied, Miami is the clear front runner according the members who decided to post their opinions...

Personally, I don't think the majority of Phinz fans put much stock into off-season polls like this one. It's just an "opinion poll", and until we actually see these teams in action in 2006, we wont really know what to expect....

That said, I do think this is the year that the Phinz regain the AFC East title...

:rocker:

Welcome aboard Blitz. Before you get into any tiffles, just remember that some of these people are some of the most close minded rude people there are. Don't let any of them get to you, most of them just think that the Patriots are the only team in football.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Welcome aboard Blitz. Before you get into any tiffles, just remember that some of these people are some of the most close minded rude people there are. Don't let any of them get to you, most of them just think that the Patriots are the only team in football.

Thanks, I'll take it easy on them. Maybe eventually they'll lighten up enough talk football with on a daily basis?? Who knows, maybe a year from now they'll enjoy the fact that another Phinz fan has decided to join on in the discussion?? I guess time will tell. Thanks again for the heads-up....:rocker:

BLITZKRIEG said:
Making the rounds, I see, Blitz.

I don't care enough about this thread other than to point out that you're wildly wrong. . . as usual. :)

Last edited:
Sundayjack said:
Making the rounds, I see, Blitz.

I don't care enough about this thread other than to point out that you're wildly wrong. . . as usual. :)

Thanks for pointing that out. You know everything....:rolleyes:

Tell us again how the Jets are going to surprise everyone in the AFC East, and end up winning 8 games this year, I need a good laugh, and you're always good for one regarding your homeristic tendencies towards the Jets....

BLITZKRIEG said:
Thanks for pointing that out. You know everything....:rolleyes:

Tell us again how the Jets are going to surprise everyone in the AFC East, and end up winning 8 games this year, I need a good laugh, and you're always good for one regarding your homeristic tendencies towards the Jets....
You have me mistaken. MY job is to sit back and point out to everyone else where they're wrong.

Carry on. . .

Sundayjack said:
You have me mistaken. MY job is to sit back and point out to everyone else where they're wrong.

Carry on. . .

Come to think of it, I do have you mistaken. You don't know anything about football. Over on TGG, you actually spend most of your time either in the "BS Forum" / or playing with your avatars, as shown....

http://forums.theganggreen.com/search.php?searchid=67390

How could someone who spends so little time talking about football, actually have any real knowledge of the game??...You talk about how I'm always wrong, and yet by the looks of your interests, you don't even know what a football is. Open mouth / insert foot.:rocker:

BLITZKRIEG said:
Come to think of it, I do have you mistaken. You don't know anything about football. Over on TGG, you actually spend most of your time either in the "BS Forum" / or playing with your avatars, as shown....

http://forums.theganggreen.com/search.php?searchid=67390

How could someone who spends so little time talking about football, actually have any real knowledge of the game??...You talk about how I'm always wrong, and yet by the looks of your interests, you don't even know what a football is. Open mouth / insert foot.:rocker:
Offseason, Ace. And you know, of course, that TGG's archives were all wiped out right after the season ended, don't you?

'Course you do. But keep going with what you've got. It works so well for you. :)

PatsDeb said:
No, it's just that all the idiots outside of NE believe the hype about Miami. I can't wait until they lose to Pittsburgh's back up QB on opening night
agreed, i dont understand why everyone is so excited about Miami...i mean, the last time i checked, we still had Brady:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back