PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Go see how 1200 Dolphin Fans voted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kdo5 said:
Relax, relax FTP, you dont need to start crying that people disagree with the fact that the Dolphins will beat the Patriots in just about every category. Yep offensive, defensive, special teams, champions, thats the Dolphins. Not to mention Saban is very close to number 1 on that poll. Talk about over hype. I love how the backups fired two TD's in like 3 minutes in our last game. The backups...how could the backups whoop the mighty 6 game win streak Miami Dolphins, well it happened we just didnt feel like winning. If we did, we'd problaby have thrown a two point conversion to Mike Vrabel or something, not throw the ball out of the endzone. It just proves how far the Fins are from competing with the Pats when they struggle to beat our backups. I'm sure Chris Chambers = Randy Moss, so that must mean Culpepper will score 50 touchdowns this season. No thanks, OVER-HYPED.

I could care less about that poll, it's some of the fans here that think because the pats won SB's in the recent past it's automatic they will win the division. Not to mention they are not real football fans when the don't see the teams in heir division getting better just because they don't want them to get better. Do you Pat fans really think your team never take a step backwards??

It just proves how far the Fins are from competing with the Pats when they struggle to beat our backups. I'm sure Chris Chambers = Randy Moss, so that must mean Culpepper will score 50 touchdowns this season. No thanks, OVER-HYPED.

In Sabans fisrt season with th Fins we went 9-7 with a 6 game win streak to finish the year, remind me again what Belichick did with the Pats his first season?? "It shows how far the Fins are from competeing with the Pats"??? Did you watch the first game against the Fins last year when it came down to the last play of the game for the Pats to hold on to a win against the Fins with a rookie HC and Gus Frerotte as the QB?? Whats your excuse for that game?? Did Tom have a tummy ache??? Like I said Pat fans think it's their right to win the division, you just want everyone to hand you the title so you can walk around with your over inflated ego's. The winning will end for the Pats....guaranteed!!

feelthepain said:
I could care less about that poll, it's some of the fans here that think because the pats won SB's in the recent past it's automatic they will win the division. Not to mention they are not real football fans when the don't see the teams in heir division getting better just because they don't want them to get better. Do you Pat fans really think your team never take a step backwards??

In Sabans fisrt season with th Fins we went 9-7 with a 6 game win streak to finish the year, remind me again what Belichick did with the Pats his first season?? "It shows how far the Fins are from competeing with the Pats"??? Did you watch the first game against the Fins last year when it came down to the last play of the game for the Pats to hold on to a win against the Fins with a rookie HC and Gus Frerotte as the QB?? Whats your excuse for that game?? Did Tom have a tummy ache??? Like I said Pat fans think it's their right to win the division, you just want everyone to hand you the title so you can walk around with your over inflated ego's. The winning will end for the Pats....guaranteed!!

Just FYI

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20051113_NE@MIA

But it was Brady who bailed out the Patriots. He went 21 for 36 for 275 yards and a pair of touchdown passes to backup tight end Ben Watson.

"As usual, Tom played his best football when it counted," Belichick said.

New England needed only two plays to come back. First, Brady threw 59 yards to Tim Dwight, who outwrestled Reggie Howard for the ball. Then, Brady hit Watson with a 17-yard touchdown pass.

Nov 27 @Oakland Won 33-21
Dec 4 Buffalo Won 24-23
Dec 11 @San Diego Won 23-21
Dec 18 N.Y. Jets Won 24-20
Dec 24 Tennessee Won 24-10
Jan 1 @New England Won 28-26

Also, look at those RESOUNDING Miami wins! Oakland and Tenessee who were both pathetic last year were the only ones with more than 4 point differential.

Last edited:
BradyisGod said:
Dec 4 Buffalo Won 24-23

Also, look at those RESOUNDING Miami wins! Oakland and Tenessee who were both pathetic last year were the only ones with more than 4 point differential.

How about beating Denver 34-10 and Carolina in the final minutes? The team showed some serious heart in both those games. Don't use the schedule as an excuse, any team can win on any given Sunday. The Fins were still just a McMike fumble away from winning the AFCE.

BradyisGod said:
Just FYI

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20051113_NE@MIA

But it was Brady who bailed out the Patriots. He went 21 for 36 for 275 yards and a pair of touchdown passes to backup tight end Ben Watson.

"As usual, Tom played his best football when it counted," Belichick said.

New England needed only two plays to come back. First, Brady threw 59 yards to Tim Dwight, who outwrestled Reggie Howard for the ball. Then, Brady hit Watson with a 17-yard touchdown pass.

Well Reggie Howard is gone, he was garbage.

feelthepain said:

Exactlly, Frerotte is gone and we now have a pro-bowler. Every single unit of our team is as good, or better than it was last year. But for some reason these Pats fans seem to think that Miami will take steps backwards and the Pats will never lose another game.

Last edited:
Aqua4Ever04 said:
How about beating Denver 34-10 and Carolina in the final minutes? The team showed some serious heart in both those games. Don't use the schedule as an excuse, any team can win on any given Sunday. The Fins were still just a McMike fumble away from winning the AFCE.

Well Reggie Howard is gone, he was garbage.

Exactlly, Frerotte is gone and we now have a pro-bowler. Every single unit of our team is as good, or better than it was last year. But for some reason these Pats fans seem to think that Miami will take steps backwards and the Pats will never lose another game.

Dude, you sound like you're still made about us beating you in the 1985 AFC Championship Game in Miami. New England 31, MIAMI 14. Remember that was the year that everyone coronated you with a Superbowl appearance before you even played us.

Get over it and put it behind you. Sure that was a turning point in Dolphins history that sent you down the road of FAILURE.

The Dolphins are the MOST over hyped team in sports history bar none. The Dolphins are Peyton Manning and the Colt's BIG BROTHER.

Three reasons why the best the Dolphins could ever hope for would be a wild card team are BELICHICK, BRADY and KRAFT.

BradyisGod said:
Dec 4 Buffalo Won 24-23

And most of our losses were by 10 points or less. Do you honestly think it matters who Miami beat given the fact that we had Gus Frerotte as the QB and rookie HC?? You also seem to forget we beat San Diego, Denver and Carolina all three teams I might add the Pats lost too last year. You seem focused on only the negative when it comes to the fins...what are the odds??

Given the fact that you had one more win then Miami you beat some pretty sorry teams yourself given you lost to most of the tough ones. So where is it you see the Pats as doing anything special last year that gives them this invincible shield?? You need to focus on your teams weakneses and deal with them rather then hoping others fail, because it's just pathetic.

rabthepat said:
Dude, you sound like you're still made about us beating you in the 1985 AFC Championship Game in Miami. New England 31, MIAMI 14. Remember that was the year that everyone coronated you with a Superbowl appearance before you even played us.

Well I was born in 1987 so I don't recall that football game.

rabthepat said:
Get over it and put it behind you. Sure that was a turning point in Dolphins history that sent you down the road of FAILURE.

Failure huh? Can you tell me which team has the highest winning percentage in all the 4 major sports. Well they wear aqua and orange. But you're right they have been a failure. :confused: (sacrasm)

rabthepat said:
The Dolphins are the MOST over hyped team in sports history bar none. The Dolphins are Peyton Manning and the Colt's BIG BROTHER.

What exactly is this based on? You have no argument to support this ludacris statement. Over hyped? Well let's see, we won 9 games last year with GUS FREROTTE! He was the 28th rated passer of the 32 NFL starters last year. He completed 52% of his passes. Daunte Culpepper has never been rated below 15th in a year in which he played 14+ games. So I think that might make us immediatley better. We have done more than just improve the QB posistion. Every single unit is stronger than last year. So I ask you again, how are they over hyped? Please, tell me!

rabthepat said:
Three reasons why the best the Dolphins could ever hope for would be a wild card team are BELICHICK, BRADY and KRAFT.

I will bet you a significant amount of money that the Fins win the AFC East in 2006.

Last edited:
Aqua4Ever04 said:

Had the Fins not fumbled that earlier game away, there is no way in he&l that Belichick would have pulled Brady et al. until the game was safely in hand. And given that the Fins nearly lost to the Pats' backups, I have my doubts that they could have beaten the Pats starters, especially if the Pats were determined to win.

Last edited by a moderator:
feelthepain said:
And most of our losses were by 10 points or less. Do you honestly think it matters who Miami beat given the fact that we had Gus Frerotte as the QB and rookie HC?? You also seem to forget we beat San Diego, Denver and Carolina all three teams I might add the Pats lost too last year. You seem focused on only the negative when it comes to the fins...what are the odds??

Given the fact that you had one more win then Miami you beat some pretty sorry teams yourself given you lost to most of the tough ones. So where is it you see the Pats as doing anything special last year that gives them this invincible shield?? You need to focus on your teams weakneses and deal with them rather then hoping others fail, because it's just pathetic.

No. What's pathetic is that you keep putting words into my mouth and taking your perception of Pats fans and trying to put it forth as absolute truth. No one here thinks the Patriots are invincible. You think it. Or, you think we think it. Which is why you repeatedly come in here angry and post inflammatory material.

I posted the last 6 wins b/c that's what you were talking about. It wasn't "focusing on the negative". It was part of this noble skill that has been lost these days called...STAYING ON TOPIC.

See, this is what happens when others have weak arguments. They make the topic a moving target, so just like a magician, they try to distract you. This is what you have done throughout the entire thread.

Now, that being said. I repeat...I bet very few patriots fans on this board feel that the Patriots are invincible. However, based on HISTORICAL data, it looks unlikely that they will fall off that quickly seeing as the Patriots have been very good over the past five years at finding new talent.

We've been talking a lot about Miami here. Not many people will argue you that they looked a lot better last year. But they have a lot of question marks now this year.

Culpepper - How will the knee hold up? And this one you'd be hard pressed to answer b/c I can imagine that you're not a doctor. Is he actually any good anyway? He sure didn't look it last year before he got hurt.

Joey Harrington - What has he ever done? Why have confidence in him?

Young Defense - Can they handle the competition?

Nick Saban - Sophomore slump? His judge of character hasn't seemed to be up to par so far, which could effect team chemistry.

Ronnie Brown - Came out great in 2005, but why did he slow down so much 6 games into the season?

And, just for fun:

Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor - How will the divorce effect them?

Now - Lets stay on topic, and try to address these issues.

ctpatsfan77 said:
Had the Fins not fumbled that earlier game away, there is no way in he&l that Belichick would have pulled Brady et al. until the game was safely in hand. And given that the Fins nearly lost to the Pats' backups, I have my doubts that they could have beaten the Pats starters, especially if the Pats were determined to win.

Well the score was tied when the starters were pulled and the Fins were out playing them so I don't think that really guarentees anything. Also, do you think that it might be possible a little bit of the Fins fired died when the starters came out? They really had nothing to win by winning that game and yet, they still did. Don't use that argument.

Last edited:
BradyisGod said:
Culpepper - How will the knee hold up? And this one you'd be hard pressed to answer b/c I can imagine that you're not a doctor. Is he actually any good anyway? He sure didn't look it last year before he got hurt.

Nick Saban - Sophomore slump? His judge of character hasn't seemed to be up to par so far, which could effect team chemistry.

Ronnie Brown - Came out great in 2005, but why did he slow down so much 6 games into the season?

And, just for fun:

Now - Lets stay on topic, and try to address these issues.

If you're going to ask dumb questions like that, the same can be said for every team. The young defense question is stupid, our defense is actully aging if anything. Saban bad judgement of character? Please, you guys have players who have been hit with marajuana charges too so don't start that crap. Saban was nothing short of brilliant last year and Belichick actullys models his system off of Sabans. And lastly, Ronnie Brown didn't slow down the last 6 games. He was hurt for the remaining 2 games of the year and didn't suit. Other than that, he played very good in those last games in which he did play.

So let's point out some questions for the Patriots similar to the ones you asked about the Fins:

Laurence Maroney- All Pats fans think he is the best thing since sliced bread. Well if you are going to question Ronnie Brown's experiance, what about Maroney?

Can Chad Jackson start- More often than not, rookie WRs struggle at a starting spot. Also, why did Jackson fall so far down in the draft?

Adam Vinatieri- Your must clutch performer who won you a lot of games is gone. Neither Gramatic or that rookie will do half the job he did.

Returning from injuries- You say Daunte will have a tough time doing it, but most of your team is returning from injuries, why are they any differnt?

And just for fun:

Will Bill Belichick's recent affair alegations cause problems in the locker room? HAHA!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Well the score was tied when the starters were pulled and the Fins were out playing them so I don't think that really guarentees anything.

This is now at least the fourth time you've made that claim. And while I must give you credit for scaling back your rhetoric from "a**-kicking" to "outplaying," you've yet to provide any objective evidence to back up the claim that the Fins were "outplaying" the Pats.

Also, do you think that it might be possible a little bit of the Fins fired died when the starters came out? They really had nothing to win by winning that game and yet, they still did. Don't use that argument.

My argument--which is a perfectly valid one--is that you're assuming that if you reversed the fumble, everything else would have remained the same, and that's simply unreasonable.

are you people still aruging about this? Lets just wait and find out shall we?

ctpatsfan77 said:
This is now at least the fourth time you've made that claim. And while I must give you credit for scaling back your rhetoric from "a**-kicking" to "outplaying," you've yet to provide any objective evidence to back up the claim that the Fins were "outplaying" the Pats.

My argument--which is a perfectly valid one--is that you're assuming that if you reversed the fumble, everything else would have remained the same, and that's simply unreasonable.

Ok, I'll back off the accelrator a little bit and try and ration with you. I just remember seeing Brady getting picked off and not moving the ball at all with the exception of that one drive. I felt that had the starters stayed in, the Fins would've won.

As for the fumble, you're right, things may have been differnt. But if Randy never fumbles that ball, we are playing you guys in week 17 for the division. Is that a correct statement?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
If you're going to ask dumb questions like that, the same can be said for every team. The young defense question is stupid, our defense is actully aging if anything. Saban bad judgement of character? Please, you guys have players who have been hit with marajuana charges too so don't start that crap. Saban was nothing short of brilliant last year and Belichick actullys models his system off of Sabans. And lastly, Ronnie Brown didn't slow down the last 6 games. He was hurt for the remaining 2 games of the year and didn't suit. Other than that, he played very good in those last games in which he did play.

So let's point out some questions for the Patriots similar to the ones you asked about the Fins:

Laurence Maroney- All Pats fans think he is the best thing since sliced bread. Well if you are going to question Ronnie Brown's experiance, what about Maroney?

Can Chad Jackson start- More often than not, rookie WRs struggle at a starting spot. Also, why did Jackson fall so far down in the draft?

Adam Vinatieri- Your must clutch performer who won you a lot of games is gone. Neither Gramatic or that rookie will do half the job he did.

Returning from injuries- You say Daunte will have a tough time doing it, but most of your team is returning from injuries, why are they any differnt?

And just for fun:

Will Bill Belichick's recent affair alegations cause problems in the locker room? HAHA!

This is too easy.

Ronnie Brown's rushing totals after week 6:

67, 64, 56, 58, 22, 30, 45, DNP, 21

Impressive.

Belichick models his system off of Saban. Right. A proven Pro coach models his defense off of a college system. Sure.

But again, you bring no facts to the argument. Just your perception. And again, you have no responses to my questions. Only a redirection and an attempt to change the topic.

Thank you for proving my point.

BradyisGod said:
This is too easy.

Ronnie Brown's rushing totals after week 6:

67, 64, 56, 58, 22, 30, 45, DNP, 21

Impressive.

Belichick models his system off of Saban. Right. A proven Pro coach models his defense off of a college system. Sure.

But again, you bring no facts to the argument. Just your perception. And again, you have no responses to my questions. Only a redirection and an attempt to change the topic.

Thank you for proving my point.

And what point would that be?

Belichick even admited that he often would call Saban for advice on the system. I could dig through articles but I don't really think it's necessary. Just go look at any article refering to the first time we played you in the 2005 season.

I didn't change the topic, I just fired back with the same type of moronic questions that really can't be answerd. My point was, every team can have questions like that generated by any one. But since you insist, I'll answer them for you.

Daunte is set and ready to go for training camp and is working extremly hard to prove to the Viking nation that they made a huge mistake. If you are questioning Daunte's abilities, you are a fool because he has been one of the top 7 or 8 QBs the past 5 years. Last year he had no running game, no recievers, and had 4 games which made his stats look like garbage.. 4 bad games, big deal. He is still the 4th rated passer of all time and has the highest completion percentage of all time. (minimm 2500 attempts)

Basically an impossible question, but he is the backup so I don't see a whole lot of importance in that question. But a change of scenery can do a lot for a guy. Every quarterback that goes to Detroit, dies. Jeff Garcia was pretty good and he looked terrible there.

Well this makes me question your knowledge because if anything, they are aging. Young? All but 1 guy in the front 7 is at least 30 years of age. Our defense will be fine.

What Saban did last year was nothing short of a miracle. Now he has his type of players, look out for what he can do now. He replaced over 30% of the roster these past 2 off-season. How'd that work out for him last year? It resulted in a 5 win improvement. I like our chances with him at the helm.

You do realize that Ronnie split carries for the second half of the season right? He averaged around 10-12 carries a game for those games your talking about. He averaged 4.4 YPC so I like that consistancy.

And, just for fun:

They are professionals and won't let this off the field matter a factor.

Now that I've answerd your stupid questions, please answer mine.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
the dolphins suck i know .i just love them so much.they are so sexy in there cute little aqua blue pants .patriotspride is my lord and king .
:rolleyes:

Does this site feature and ignore tool or like a block tool? If so I would love to take advantage of that oppertunity. If not, I guess I'll just do the ignoring on my own lol.

Last edited:
Aqua4Ever04 said:
Does this site feature and ignore tool or like a block tool? If so I would love to take advantage of that oppertunity. If not, I guess I'll just do the ignoring on my own lol.
crie-tombe-4829.gif

Aqua you put the Douche in the Bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes