PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Go Patriots! (from a Chargers fan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pao

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Now that my Chargers are all but eliminated from playoff contention I will be rooting HARD for the Patriots. I would be really HAPPY for Jr. Seau if he would get a SB ring. Dude is nothing but class. One of my favorite players of all time.

Re: Go patriots!!

It doesn't seem like Denver wants to win it, so there's still hope for the Chargers.

unfortunately...the Broncs have a game with the Bills...NOT likely the Bills win.

unfortunately...the Broncs have a game with the Bills...NOT likely the Bills win.
Nor do I expect the Chargers to beat Tampa Bay in Tampa. Been a bad year.

PAO!!! Out go da lights!

good to see ya...where's Michargers?...wacky year for the Chargers,no doubt...they should have run away with the division the way KC,the Raiders and Denver have been playing

Now that my Chargers are all but eliminated from playoff contention I will be rooting HARD for the Patriots. I would be really HAPPY for Jr. Seau if he would get a SB ring. Dude is nothing but class. One of my favorite players of all time.

I'm with you on this one Pao. When the dust cleared from the SB last year I remember feeling bad for Junior coming so close and not getting that ring. Seemed a very cruel twist of fate cuz the guy was "lights out" last year (no offense with the pun)... he was huge in the AFCCG too although I'm sure you remember that GL stop he made all too well.

there were quite a number of guys last yr who dont have a ring who deserved one, seau is one, moss another

good to see ya...where's Michargers?...wacky year for the Chargers,no doubt...they should have run away with the division the way KC,the Raiders and Denver have been playing
Not sure about Mi, things are buzzing over at Chargers board. Lots of negative. Wacky year, yes. Charger Oline and Dline have sucked bad this year (except for Dielman and Jamal Williams) . Norv Turner is repeating mistakes made in Washington and Oakland, and it seems that AJ Smith has missed on a few players. Have to give props to NE, many devestating injuries, still doing very good. Props.

I'm with you on this one Pao. When the dust cleared from the SB last year I remember feeling bad for Junior coming so close and not getting that ring. Seemed a very cruel twist of fate cuz the guy was "lights out" last year (no offense with the pun)... he was huge in the AFCCG too although I'm sure you remember that GL stop he made all too well.
Oh yeah, I remember! Dam you Seau! LOL. Now I'm cheering him and the Patriots on. What a difference a year makes! Dude is stand up, he, if any player does, deserves a ring. He is a true warrior and ambassador of the game.

Oh yeah, I remember! Dam you Seau! LOL. Now I'm cheering him and the Patriots on. What a difference a year makes! Dude is stand up, he, if any player does, deserves a ring. He is a true warrior and ambassador of the game.

Hey PAO, do you think Norv is done out there?

Hey PAO, do you think Norv is done out there?
It would be easy to say yes. It's complicated. I believe that most coaches deserve more than two years, especially if they go to the AFCCG in one of them (not to mention they played the best team in history pretty tough in that game). However, some things that are happening are recurrances of problems Norv had in Washington and Oakland. Additionally, there are some tactical decisions and time management stuff that he just misses on. I believe that if he had an Offensive Coordinator that calls the plays he would do much better, there are rumblings that AJ Smith is going to force him to get one. Finally, you ask if I think Norv is done. I would have to say, no, because I don't believe that AJ Smith and Dean Spanos think he is done. I didn't like the Norv hire to begin with, nor did I like Marty S., but gotta support the guy until he either succeeds or is ousted. That's just the way I roll. LOL.

Last edited:
It ain't over till it's over. If Lynch goes for 180 yards and 3 TD's then the Bills could pull off the upset.

I really like many guys that play here, but there are few players that I just LOVE....... People like Troy Brown, Faulk, Bru.......

Seau is becoming one of those guys. I know he's not been around a long time but here's a guy that should have been sippig ****tails on the beach years ago, that has been coming to work and banging his head into the pile week after week.

Then, he finally does retires, starts living the good life he so richy deserves, BB calls him week 13 and says "we need ya".............. and he say's "I'll be right there". The next week his head is in the pile again.

Lets face it too, with all our injuries and it looking like a dogfight just to make the playoffs, when he said "I'll be right there", it wasn't cuz he angling at another shot at a ring. He came because the RIGHT PERSON asked.

I love him for that.

p.s. Nice thread Pao....... Even I feel bad for SD this year. They deserve more than Norvo the clown.

Last edited:

Uh, thanks...I think.

You know you still need to lose more, 2nd round pick...Thanks again.

*Gives surfer hand signal*

Actually San Diego's nice. Stayed near M.B. for a while.

I really like many guys that play here, but there are few players that I just LOVE....... People like Troy Brown, Faulk, Bru.......

Seau is becoming one of those guys. I know he's not been around a long time but here's a guy that should have been sippig ****tails on the beach years ago, that has been coming to work and banging his head into the pile week after week.

Then, he finally does retires, starts living the good life he so richy deserves, BB calls him week 13 and says "we need ya".............. and he say's "I'll be right there". The next week his head is in the pile again.

Lets face it too, with all our injuries and it looking like a dogfight just to make the playoffs, when he said "I'll be right there", it wasn't cuz he angling at another shot at a ring. He came because the RIGHT PERSON asked.

I love him for that.

p.s. Nice thread Pao....... Even I feel bad for SD this year. They deserve more than Norvo the clown.
The thing I really appreciated about Seau when he was a Charger is he never threw the organisation under the bus, and God knows he had reason to. Even in the years the Chargers were horrible, dude wouldn't knock the organisation or the HC. He always spoke about the team and how the team needed to do better, including his HOF self. Dude has earned another shot at a SB ring. I'm not sure I agree about him "not angling for a another shot at a ring" part of your post. I believe that if there wasn't a chance for a ring he wouldn't have been asked or accepted. I think you're right about his coming because of WHO asked him though. If it were anyone but BB I doubt Seau comes, chance for a ring or not. GO PATRIOTS!

I gotta say, I just don't like that Chargers team very much - most of it comes from all the crap that's been said in the media with the LT "Classless" comment and tying that back to Bill and then the other crap that's been said between offensive and defensive lines.

But I got to ask, What the hell happened to your team? You guys lost "Lights out", but hell we lost Brady and a pile of other KEY players.

Seriously, Pao - What's the talk amongst you Charger Folks? It's easy to say the coach, but he got you to the AFC Championship game last year and Rivers is having a good year.

I think you traded the better back and that has caused you some trouble, and perhaps some guys got caught looking towards Jan and not focusing on Sept-Dec.

Anyway - Your thoughts?

Hey pao

How do Charger fans feel about "LT"?

Personally, I think he on the downslope and there seems to be a misplaced loyalty to him.

Most Pats fans like Rivers and the Jackson/Chambers/Floyd combo is high quality. You can throw Scroles and Gates into that category.

Do you think that LT is the inherent problem a la' Tiki Barber?

I gotta say, I just don't like that Chargers team very much - most of it comes from all the crap that's been said in the media with the LT "Classless" comment and tying that back to Bill and then the other crap that's been said between offensive and defensive lines.
I understand why you feel that way. I feel the same, but from the Charger POV. LT seems to be proving you guys right. Dude hasn't been a good teamate this year and part of last year, imo.

But I got to ask, What the hell happened to your team? You guys lost "Lights out", but hell we lost Brady and a pile of other KEY players.
Definitely props to the NE organisation. They've overcome catastrophic injuries. The Chargers haven't. It helps that you have BB.

Seriously, Pao - What's the talk amongst you Charger Folks? It's easy to say the coach, but he got you to the AFC Championship game last year and Rivers is having a good year.
Amongst the "Charger folks" it's mostly on Norv. He is widely blamed for all the Chargers problems this year. Imo it's the Oline and Dline. They are getting their ass kicked. When that happens your team is going to suck.

I think you traded the better back and that has caused you some trouble, and perhaps some guys got caught looking towards Jan and not focusing on Sept-Dec.
I don't care what RB you have, if the Oline is allowing penetration there won't be success in the running game. Btw, the Chargers didn't trade Michael Turner, he was an unrestricted free agent.

Anyway - Your thoughts?
Aside from the Oline and Dline getting their asses kicked I would say the next biggest problem is the players not believing in Norv. Tough to execute a gameplan when you don't believe in the designer. That's the short answer anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes