PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GM for a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither of your trades make sense at all. Maroney isn't worth a 3rd round pick, especially a high one. And Chung was the 34rd pick a year ago! That's basically a late 1st round pick for McGahee...

For me i could care less about the productivity of this years draft. The team's problem is leadership. This upcoming season will be won or loss in FA and bringing in quality guys that are willing to hold themselves and their team accountable.

if it were up to me id:

Re-Sign:

TBC

Bodden

Faulk

Gostkowiski

Mankins

Neal Is 32. Injured way too much. Is contemplating retirement.

Wilfork

Watson Watson is going to get paid a LOT of money by someone since he's probably the best UFA TE available..

Sign:

Karlos Dansby ILB

Matt Turk P There are better punters than Turk available. Jon Ryan. Sam Koch. Michael Koenen.

Jermaine Phillips FS Where did you see that Jermaine Phillips was a free agent? I checked 2 different sites (KFFL and Footballsfuture and neither had him listed)

Trade:

Maroney to Cleveland for a third rounder (#71) Why would Cleveland do this when they have Jerome Harrison to be their primary RB, Jamal Lewis to be their reserve RB, and they could bring in a guy like Chester Taylor as well?

Thomas and Chung to Baltimore for McGahee - So you give away Chung, who is the future starting SS for the Pats???? You do realize that McGahee is 29 this year.

Draft:

#22 Carlos Dunlap DE

#42 Sergio Kindle OLB

#47 Mardy Gilyard WR/KR

#52 Bradon Ghee CB

#71 Vladimir Ducasse OG

Cut or Trade:

Taylor - Why?

Springs Why?

Sanders Why trade away the guy who was named by Belichick as being the difference maker in the 2nd half of the year for the secondary?

Starting Lineup:

It would take a lot of wheeling and dealing but still in the relm of possibility

Anything that has a 1% chance of happening would be in the realm of possibility, I guess.

People seem to have this NEED to make changes. Change for the sake of change isn't a good thing. Change should be made at the places where you absolutely need to make a change. If an area can be improved upon, great, do so. But thought needs to be put into the change. Not just from one side of the equation. For instance, why would Baltimore WANT Adalius Thomas back?

Who would trade for Fred Taylor or Shawn Springs when there are guys available in free agency who are as good as them?

People seem to have this NEED to make changes. Change for the sake of change isn't a good thing. Change should be made at the places where you absolutely need to make a change. If an area can be improved upon, great, do so. But thought needs to be put into the change. Not just from one side of the equation. For instance, why would Baltimore WANT Adalius Thomas back?

DaBruinz - you didn't realize that this thread creator is in school - and most likely studing for a degree in Management - Dilbert school of BS.

It happens all the time in management. Change just for the sake of change. In the company I work for, we have had something like 4 different time registration systems in the last 6 years. Each new version (new product each changeover) is supposidly better than the last. Doesn't matter that even though (supposidly) a better system - noone here can find the appropriate (everchanging) time codes to register time on the different customer accounts. So mass confusion and wasted time and energy learning a new system every 1 1/2 years.

I applaud the sheer effort put into the changes made by the poster- but it seems instead of 'team building' - its more like 'team : mix it all up, throw it against the wall and lets see what sticks'. In this 2010 Pats edition, I favor re-signing most of our own, a solid draft (should be possible due to our # of high picks & deep draft) and some FINE TUNING by signing a very few FA's.

DaBruinz - you didn't realize that this thread creator is in school - and most likely studing for a degree in Management - Dilbert school of BS.

It happens all the time in management. Change just for the sake of change. In the company I work for, we have had something like 4 different time registration systems in the last 6 years. Each new version (new product each changeover) is supposidly better than the last. Doesn't matter that even though (supposidly) a better system - noone here can find the appropriate (everchanging) time codes to register time on the different customer accounts. So mass confusion and wasted time and energy learning a new system every 1 1/2 years.

I applaud the sheer effort put into the changes made by the poster- but it seems instead of 'team building' - its more like 'team : mix it all up, throw it against the wall and lets see what sticks'. In this 2010 Pats edition, I favor re-signing most of our own, a solid draft (should be possible due to our # of high picks & deep draft) and some FINE TUNING by signing a very few FA's.
+1 for Dilbert.

In the spirit of the OP:

If it were me I would start with a 12pk and half, well a full bottle of Jack Daniels. Big decision time. Between drinks I will chew some Rolaids. In my humble opinion:

1. I would extend Tom Brady.
2. Order lunch at 9am because I am drunk.
3. Re Sign: Bodden, Wilfork, TBC, Mankins
4. FA = Dansby
5. Use my draft picks.

22 Bryan Bulaga OT
44 Brandon Spikes ILB
47 Mt. Cody DT
53 Jerry Hughes OLB
119 Tony Moeaki TE
193 Sergio Render OG
206 Myron Rolle SS
233 Zoltan Mesko P
235 Justin Cole OLB
249 Kyle Williams WR
250 Erik Cook C (this guy is really good)
251 Mike McLaughlin ILB

Hang out with BB, after I sober up.
Hold cheer tryouts.

We trade our 22nd pick this year and our 2011 1st round pick to move up for Rolando McClain. We still have Oaklands 1st round pick next year (most likely top 5 or 10) and this sets up our whole draft for next year.

At #43 we take a receiver like Benn or LaFell if one of them has fallen that far. If not, a T/E (Hernandez)

At 47th pick, the best corner available (feel that Bodden is gone) I like Perrish Cox from Oklahoma State (Good size/speed and tackler)

The 53 pick is open. At this point in the draft (last ten picks of 2nd round)there are going to be players that have fallen. Some for good reason, some not for good reason. Hate to use this expression: take the best player availble. We need help in enough positions (RB, receiver, OG, linebacker) that we need to take advantage of the fact that we there will be 'fallen angels' at this point in the draft. Take the best player.

I might also consider trading #53 for a 3rd and 4th/5th round pick and adding depth that way. No trading back on the first 3 picks. We need help immediately at linebacker/receiver/cornerback.

We trade our 22nd pick this year and our 2011 1st round pick to move up for Rolando McClain. We still have Oaklands 1st round pick next year (most likely top 5 or 10) and this sets up our whole draft for next year.

At #43 we take a receiver like Benn or LaFell if one of them has fallen that far. If not, a T/E (Hernandez)

At 47th pick, the best corner available (feel that Bodden is gone) I like Perrish Cox from Oklahoma State (Good size/speed and tackler)

The 53 pick is open. At this point in the draft (last ten picks of 2nd round)there are going to be players that have fallen. Some for good reason, some not for good reason. Hate to use this expression: take the best player availble. We need help in enough positions (RB, receiver, OG, linebacker) that we need to take advantage of the fact that we there will be 'fallen angels' at this point in the draft. Take the best player.

I might also consider trading #53 for a 3rd and 4th/5th round pick and adding depth that way. No trading back on the first 3 picks. We need help immediately at linebacker/receiver/cornerback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back