PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GM Bill cheaps out AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I agree with the OP but in a different manner.. Bill the coach is the best.. Bill the GM has a lot to be desired..

It would be great to get Mario but we all know, it would cost a lot.. So a lot of factors come into play in that type of decision.. The window is definitely closing for Brady and the Pats.. Not many teams have a Rogers or #1 pick to waiting in the wings. At some point, you have to push the chips in and go for it...

unlike others who will look back in 4 years from now and say, we should have addressed this concern.. Well I"m saying that now..

It would be nice to bring in a WR who takes the top off the defense and a RB that can carry the ball 20+ times when Brady is having a rough day of it.. A guy who move the QB off his spot so his throws are off.. Not sure why every year, we basically say the same thing..

Cool story!

No no no you did it all wrong. Its...

1_123125_2126996_2279939_2293542_110512_tech_cool3_tn.jpg

Last edited:
hmmmm all that "cheapness" and yet one first down catch away from winning the SB this past year. Hmmmmm, whats up with the OP?

What is it about FA period that brings out the loons...

Jeez-not_agaian.jpg

What is it about FA period that brings out the loons...

Jeez-not_agaian.jpg

FA period? how about after every trade back/non pass rushing draftpick, every loss, every cut.

The Giants were the better team that day, and all of last year.

Nope.

Not even close.

A healthy Gronk, and/or one of 3 fumbles could have easily changed the game.

We should have won it anyway.

What is it about FA period, draft day, game day threads, Wednesday injury reports, and days that end in Y that brings out the loons...

Fixed that for ya.

Once again WE MADE THE SUPERBOWL THIS PAST YEAR.

I wanted to let this slide, but if you think the Giants were the better team "all last year" you're a gorram idiot.

Props to you for using that word!

dri.JPG

NFL fever

Last edited:

This is the best gif ever, lol.......absolutely love that movie!!!

Sure I'd love Mario on our defense but hey I'd also like a million dollars stuffed in a new Dodge Challenger and Kate Beckinsale butt-naked eating an eskimo pie in the passenger seat.....either way it aint gonna happen.

To the OP Chill out, seriously..................... if after the Draft, the second(after draft) and third(during pre-season cut-downs) waves of player signings and we still have Sergio and Barrett as our Safety options after Chung, Cunningham as our best Pass-Rusher then its :bricks: time

I have no problem with criticizing Belichick and some of his GM moves. But to use the word "cheap" is way off the mark IMO. It's really not about money. Many of the big name FA's that have left NE because the Pats were not going to pay them didn't have near the impact on their new teams that they did while in NE.

Now if you want to talk about problems with taking flyers on certain guys in the draft that have not panned out, I'm all ears because there are plenty of those to discuss. But since that's all been covered time and time again, it's worth remembering that of the Big 3 - Kraft, Belichick and Brady....BB is the PRIMARY reason this team has finished no worse than 9-7 since his first year as head coach when he had to completely overhaul the roster that was Grier and Carroll's mess that was inherited.

The Patriot's way of not overpaying in terms of value works. You don't win the SB every year unless you are playing Madden on the game console. The Pats record during Belichick's tenure speaks for itself. The bandwagon is pretty crowded. For those who would like to get off, feel free.

I agree somewhat with the OP. One of the jobs of a GM is to make the team better. Granted, free agency isn't over, but a lot of good players are off the board. A lot of people took for granted that we would have signed Lloyd already, and he's nowhere in sight. I remember someone had started a thread about which are you more excited about, free agency or the draft, and I said "neither". Because BB never does squat in free agency and always trades away picks or tries to prove he smarter than everyone by picking the wacko pick instead the better player (Examples, Bethel Johnson instead of Anquan Boldin or Jermain Cunningham instead of Carlos Dunlap, etc). Yes, the Pats have had some great success over the last 10 years, but BB is a way better coach than GM. Mayo, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Solder & Vollmer are his only above average players picked by BB in the last 7 years. And forget Free Angency, his only big splash was Adalius Thomas, and he pretty much sucked.

I know that BB is a god and can do no wrong. And I know that he can turn cow sh!t into roast beef, but as a GM he sucks.

He entered today with about $16M in cap room, could probably make more room by restructuring a player here and there, yet he is allowing the jewel of the FA class to sign in Buffalo? What is up with this guy?
Which years did the 'jewel of the FA class' help make his new team the winner?
You are criticizing the team for not doing something that has historically been a bad move.

The Pats lost the Super Bowl last year because GM Bill let the team down.
That would be part of the reason, but it is also part of the reason they were in the SB. 2nd best doesn't suck.

He started a player on the corner in the Super Bowl whom he had released twice. His deep threat was a special teamer and his defense allowed the Giants to drive the length of the field AGAIN in the final two minutes. Coach Bill had maybe the best year a coach has ever had in the NFL, got an 8 and 8 team to the Super Bowl and should have won it had his reciever held on to the ball when it hit him in the hands, but none of that matters. The Giants were the better team that day, and all of last year.
Wait the Giants 9-7 were better all year than the Pats 13-3?
Your expectation appears to be a roster with zero deficiencies.

There are times when you have to spend to win, and this was one of them.
You base this on what?

Bufalo will have a great defense next year, they will be a threat to win the division and may beat the Patriots twice next year. I am not saying he would have signed with the Patriots over Buffalo, but he probably would have at least considered it.
You are simply spewing made up stuff here.

GM Bill is penny wise and pound foolish.
So you would like him to copy the Jets and spend like a drunken sailor on big names and end up with a roster full of weaknesses surrounding them?

He thinks he is smarter than everybody else,
What does that even mean? Are you saying that he is arrogant to not compete with unsuccessful teams to outspend them on the excessive contracts that lead to them being unsuccessful?

and he probably is, but this defense sucks and it will again next year unless GM Bill decides to purchase a little help.

He will use the cap room he has available,and he will use it to put the best team he can on the field.
Are you suggesting you are a better judge of how that cap room should be spent?

The Giants last year were the worst regular season team to ever win a Super Bowl.

The cap is crap. That excuse holds no water at all.

I agree they should use 15 mill of cap money on Williams and 10 more on a WR.
5 more on a Safety. Then we still need a C, 3 mill more? How about depth at S, OL, RB, CB. Another 10mill? Then the rookies for 3 mill.
All set. Only cost 46mill.
We have 12 mill of cap space, what a lame excuse.

I agree they should use 15 mill of cap money on Williams and 10 more on a WR.
5 more on a Safety. Then we still need a C, 3 mill more? How about depth at S, OL, RB, CB. Another 10mill? Then the rookies for 3 mill.
All set. Only cost 46mill.
We have 12 mill of cap space, what a lame excuse.

But, but, but... Felger says all we have to do is restructure a bunch of contracts to push the money into guaranteed deals next year and we'll have unlimited space! It's that easy, right?

I know that BB is a god and can do no wrong. And I know that he can turn cow sh!t into roast beef, but as a GM he sucks.

He entered today with about $16M in cap room, could probably make more room by restructuring a player here and there, yet he is allowing the jewel of the FA class to sign in Buffalo? What is up with this guy?
Poor baby! I guess that naughty Bill Belichick did not sign YOUR unrestricted free agent binky! Would you also like a new pacifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes