PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe: Shanknancy joins the Manning>Brady club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the Pats had a bad run game in 2003.

What was their D ranked?

What was it ranked in 2001?

What was it ranked in 2004?

The offense wasn't the backbone of those Pats SB wins. The D was.

If you're going to talk about "logical positions" at least be honest.

And as far as the Colts losing to an 8-8 SD team last year, remind me what the SD NE score from 08 was again?

Remind me who was starting at quarterback for New England again? :bricks:

Remind me who was starting at quarterback for New England again? :bricks:

Who was at QB? Some guy who had never started a game before but still won 1 more game than the guy you all think is the "GOAT" around here.

Who was at QB? Some guy who had never started a game before but still won 1 more game than the guy you all think is the "GOAT" around here.

With a better defense, more complete offensive line, better WR corps, and a WAY easier schedule.

EDIT: And if you're actually trying to make the point that Cassel is better than Brady then, well... :rofl: BWAAAHAHAHAHA.

Last edited:
There's too many variables to say definitively that Peyton > Brady, or visa versa.

Stats are really a VERY meh point. And so are wins. Until you see them play in the exact situation with identical players/coaches around them you can't say that definitively.

With a better defense, more complete offensive line, better WR corps, and a WAY easier schedule.

EDIT: And if you're actually trying to make the point that Cassel is better than Brady then, well... :rofl: BWAAAHAHAHAHA.

I'm not trying to make a point of anything just saying a guy who hadn't started since HS led the Pats to more wins last year than the "GOAT" did this year.

And are you actually saying that Brady...gasp....needs a complete team around him to compete in the NFL?

Wow, at least one Pats fan has a brain.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to make a point of anything just saying a guy who hadn't started since HS led the Pats to more wins last year than the "GOAT" did this year

Matt Cassel had better stats and more wins his first year starting in the NFL than Peyton Manning did.

lololol

Manning will need more than 1 Super Bowl Championship to be included amongst the all-time greats (especially considering his relatively mediocre performance in that game). Tomorrow could go a long way towards elevating him into the tier currently reserved for the likes of Unitas, Montana, Elway, Bradshaw and yes, Brady.

I'm not trying to make a point of anything just saying a guy who hadn't started since HS led the Pats to more wins last year than the "GOAT" did this year.

And are you actually saying that Brady...gasp....needs a complete team around him to compete in the NFL?

Bradys my boy as far as who I like, don't get me wrong. But as a self respective human being I can't say that one is better than the other. There's just too many variables. And Superbowls are won by teams, not by individual players. Manning didn't carry his team to victory over the Bears, sure he had a hand in it. But it wasn't like it it was a 57-59 game and every drive the Bears scored and he had to put together a miracle to get it back. His defense made some plays and so did he. Exactly the same as Brady in his superbowls. His defense made plays, so did his running game. Yes, he had very impressive clutch play at the end of the game with his ridiculous FG-winning drives, but the other 58 minutes of the game were played by the team.

Neither QB get's a free pass to BESTEVEROMFG. They're in the upper echelon of elite quarterbacks, for sure, but neither one eats coal and ****s diamonds they're so good. That said, the game tomorrow will go a long way in covering up for Manning's previous 'chokings'

Last edited:

Every quarterback or coach needs a complete team in order to advance deep into the playoffs. However, some quarterbacks and coaches are able to do more with less. For example, I'll point out how far Brady took a team into the playoffs with Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell as his WR's and an aging Corey Dillon and rookie Laurence Maroney as his running threats.

And by the way, my point wasn't that. My point was that Cassel lost five games with essentially the same team that Brady steered to 18 wins the season before... and against a tougher schedule no less. As for Brady's performance this season, Colts fans should know what happens to star quarterbacks after their first knee injury. :rolleyes:

Peyton Manning couldn't even defeat the 2008 Norv Turner coached 8-8 Chargers who had the leagues 31st ranked pass defense.

He threw 1 TD in that entire game.

Manning will need more than 1 Super Bowl Championship to be included amongst the all-time greats (especially considering his relatively mediocre performance in that game). Tomorrow could go a long way towards elevating him into the tier currently reserved for the likes of Unitas, Montana, Elway, Bradshaw and yes, Brady.

Right. Right. Because people aren't already including him in that talk.

Dude, have you even looked at the title of this thread?

You again with the easy schedule huh?

2010 NFL Strength Of Schedule

The Colts had the 11th toughest schedule this year. Not the most difficult, but not easy either. Is a schedule that was in the top 3rd in difficulty "easy as hell?

Do you do any research before you say things or is it just "Colts bad..Patriots good" all the time with you?

colts fans sleep with their own family memebers.

Boy! The Boston sportswriter elite are truly the most anti-Patriots group you could find in a single community anywhere in the country. Isnt that something?
You would think these guys would be writing something like - "No way Manning is better. Our boy has taken us to four super bowls and won three. The best anybody else has done is half of what our boy has accomplished". Instead, writers from elsewhere have to stand up for our guy.

New England folks truly love their Patriots. I have witnessed this for twenty five years since I moved here from India. You really have to wonder to which market Shaugnessey, Ryan, Borges, Jackie Mcmullan, Tomase, etc. cater to.

Peyton Manning couldn't even defeat the 2008 Norv Turner coached 8-8 Chargers who had the leagues 31st ranked pass defense.

He threw 1 TD in that entire game.

That's true. He had over 300 yards but only 1 TD. No INT though.

Now...,the last two times Brady faced the Chargers in the POs, how many INTs did he throw?

And no, he couldn't beat the Chargers that's true. They lost in OT.

But he did beat the Ravens this year.

What was the Pats Ravens score again?

And I can't really remember but surely Brady being the "GOAT" and being so "clutch" probably threw, what 3-4 TDs against that pitiful 9-7 Ravens team?

I mean, I can't quite remember how that game turned out....can someone give me a hand?

Now...,the last two times Brady faced the Chargers in the POs, how many INTs did he throw?

And I can't really remember but surely Brady being the "GOAT" and being so "clutch" probably threw, what 3-4 TDs against that pitiful 9-7 Ravens team?

I mean, I can't quite remember how that game turned out....can someone give me a hand?

You are making your hillbilly self look stupid...you bring up how the colts beat the ravens, but the pats lost to them...yet just above that you bring up the fact that the colts lost to the chargers in the Playoffs, but the patriots beat the charges in the playoffs.

look man, Brady wins more than Manning, thats all there is to it. Dont cry, its nothing to be ashamed of.

You are making your hillbilly self look stupid...you bring up how the colts beat the ravens, but the pats lost to them...yet just above that you bring up the fact that the colts lost to the chargers in the Playoffs, but the patriots beat the charges in the playoffs.

look man, Brady wins more than Manning, thats all there is to it. Dont cry, its nothing to be ashamed of.

Brady hasn't won anything since 2004.

And Brady won 10 games this year. Manning has won 16 so far.

I'm betting you "give yourself a hand" pretty often...

Right. Right. Because people aren't already including him in that talk.

Dude, have you even looked at the title of this thread?
Dude??? Wow...

CHB has made a living off of being an azzhat ... a very fugly azzhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots