PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe says Brady locked in on Moss too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I have to agree with them based on what I saw yesterday. What ever happened to "my favorite receiver is the one that is open"?
Several throws to Moss were forced into coverage.
How about going back to throwing to the open receiver or checking it down when the throwing window is too tight.
Individual records are great, but team wins are more important. The Jets should have never been allowed to hang around as long as they did yesterday.
I'm hoping the coaches can get this strightened out by next Sunday.

I agree with that too. I was expecting a game like the snow bowl with a lot of quick dump offs to Welker, Faulk, and Maroney. Maybe Brady is just trying to get Randy the record and forcing it? I don't know, but I expect they'll have that worked out come playoff time.

didnt see the last jets game, but i have thought that a little for a while now...

i think brady needs to play a little real football with moss out of the game...so that he adjusts back to his normal self...

just b/c moss is one on one doesnt mean u dont have better or surer plays to be made on the field

Even TB is susceptible to seeking the easy road and he is Loyal, let us just hope that film study and coaching input ends this habit before it becomes a disaster.

and is anyone worried? does anyone here think that he will lock in on one wr in the playoffs? they are having a little fun...going after some records. the game was locked up.

It looked like Moss was geting a fair amount of straight up man coverage. Under those circumstances, I wasn't surprised that Brady was throwing to Moss. I was surprised that the Patriots weren't able to exploit this better, although the wet and windy conditions may have affected things.

and is anyone worried? does anyone here think that he will lock in on one wr in the playoffs? they are having a little fun...going after some records. the game was locked up.

locked up? hardly. randy moss has been great, but even he can get shut down if a team puts all it's focus on him. Watson being out certainly didn't help as he's the next biggest target for Brady.

yeah, yesterday's loss is squarely on brady

they showed it on nfl primetime ..on instances where 3 people were open below he went to moss in the endzone for the TD.

Again this is a taboo subject in Pats Nation, but half of his attempts went to Moss, but I will chalk it up to 1 game... I do know he is not looking at Donte Stallworth at all, and neither is Belichick

they showed it on nfl primetime ..on instances where 3 people were open below he went to moss in the endzone for the TD.

The one to Moss where he was one on one w/ the back-up safety I had no problem with. Moss had position in the corner and the safety towards the middle of the field.

But Brady threw it straight instead of to the left corner...Had he done that, it would have been a TD.

It looked too evident and I initially thought Brady could be doing it on purpose so that he could sell the same thing on a later play and at that time dump it to an open receiver who can take it all the way in that wind-swept field.

Not sure if that is anywhere close to reality because it certainly didn't work out.

:confused:

BTW - is Kyle Brady out as in IR?? I know Brady mentioned that we lost our TE in his post-game but didn't find any additional report on it this morning. (and I always come here for news on the Pats.) Thanks,

Again this is a taboo subject in Pats Nation, but half of his attempts went to Moss, but I will chalk it up to 1 game... I do know he is not looking at Donte Stallworth at all, and neither is Belichick
Does anyone think that BB, with almost nothing left to sweat in the regular season (e.g. 3 chances to lock up the #1 seed in weeks 15, 16, 17) decided to play it cozy and close to the vest for these past few weeks? In other words, to set up the playoff opponents to look for "tendencies" that will disappear once the playoffs start?

Does anyone think that BB, with almost nothing left to sweat in the regular season (e.g. 3 chances to lock up the #1 seed in weeks 15, 16, 17) decided to play it cozy and close to the vest for these past few weeks? In other words, to set up the playoff opponents to look for "tendencies" that will disappear once the playoffs start?

Good point did not think of it that way

Brady is NOT perfect. He's merely closer to being perfect than any other QB who's ever played. This is probably his biggest imperfection this year -- well, that and the fact that he isn't coping with bad weather very well so far.

He's ALWAYS been prone to getting ****y and a bit undisciplined in his decision-making when things are going very well. That's why he's won a lot of close fourth quarter games in which the lead was bigger at half time.

On the other hand, he's almost never actually LOST when he had a lead at halftime. He DOES cut out the nonsense soon enough, pretty much every time.

My Lord fans here are so spoiled!

Brady is locking in on one of the greatest WR's of all time???? Damned him, damned him to h*ll!

Please, Tom Brady is having a season to remember, AN MVP Season! He is entitled to a few freakin lockins!

If Brady was only focused on Moss, then why does Welker have more receptions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes