PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe: Pats close to extension with Kaczur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kaczur close to an extension?

Hey Miguel, you say on your cap page you included Walter's deal, but I can't find any reference to it there or anywhere. Did you assume vet minimum or is anything showing on the NFLPA site, cause anytime I google for it the articles that come up say the deal was no details available...

Assuming the vet minimum for Walter.

Re: Kaczur close to an extension?

FWIW did you see Borges' article claiming the $3.5M is an option bonus and his salary is lowered to $2M this season but increases by $750K if the option is not exercised??? That is an interesting approach if in fact that's what the deal is and it would lower his cap for the moment...

I did but I am going with Reiss' take.

Borges wrote:
"Actually, what happend was Kaczur accepted a team-friendly deal that reduced his pay by $700,000 for 2009 in exchange for a pro-rated $3.5 million option bonus. If the Patriots exercise the option, Kaczur gets the money. If not, he gets back his $700,000 and a one-way ticket to Palookaville."

Well, if Kaczur's 2009 salary was $2.27 million and is now $2 million. How did he reduce his pay by $700,000??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back