PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe looks stupid, again

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Apparently they were saying Brady was greedy for charging $170k for the Salem State speech. Being reported that Brady donated that to Best Buddies

Even if he was, how is that greedy? Tons of public figures make a lot of money public speaking. I'm pretty sure Peyton makes way more than Brady does. If people are willing to pay it, then there's nothing wrong with agreeing to speak for money.

More of the Globe being the Globe, I guess. Crap like this is why I won't even care when they go out of business.

I don't understand the title of this thread.

What crow did they eat? "Eating crow" means issuing a mea culpa. They just reported what Baker said. Nothing more, nothing less. And they put it under the title of "Baker defends Salem State’s $170,000 payment to Tom Brady".

The Globe = Goodell.

Neither will ever admit their transgressions.

The Globe = Goodell.

Does this mean if we burn down the Globe we torch Goodell with it???

s3hz.jpg

Apparently they were saying Brady was greedy for charging $170k for the Salem State speech. Being reported that Brady donated that to Best Buddies

I didn't think that brady would keep that money for himself. He's not peyton.

Governor Charlie Baker on Thursday defended Salem State University for using its foundation to pay Tom Brady $170,000 to speak at the college last month.

“They’re not putting any public money into it,” Baker said on the WGBH’s “Boston Public Radio” show with Jim Braude and Margery Eagan.

Baker said Brady donated the money to Best Buddies, a charity where he is a global ambassador. Brady’s agent has declined to say whether he donated the money. A call to Best Buddies was not immediately returned.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...t-tom-brady/ggxX7KElc6N9KTvpujvqJO/story.html

Even if he was, how is that greedy? Tons of public figures make a lot of money public speaking. I'm pretty sure Peyton makes way more than Brady does. If people are willing to pay it, then there's nothing wrong with agreeing to speak for money.

More of the Globe being the Globe, I guess. Crap like this is why I won't even care when they go out of business.

The reason people complain is that Salem State is a tax-payer subsidized non-profit that has enormous needs. (The claim that the money comes from the endowment foundation, not the public, is lame). But the blame should go to Salem State's administration, not to Brady.

What crow did they eat? "Eating crow" means issuing a mea culpa. They just reported what Baker said. Nothing more, nothing less. And they put it under the title of "Baker defends Salem State’s $170,000 payment to Tom Brady".

The Globe = Goodell.

thread title updated.

I just figured since they actually reported that Brady donated the money after one of their writers criticized Brady that was as close to eating crow as we'll see.

Actually, to be fair, they had the price Peyton got for a speech at around the same time as TB's, and it was $105,000. I expect they vary back in forth but are general competitive. Certainly Peyton isn't getting -way- more than Tom.

Does Borges and Felger know?? They immediately went into the bathroom, returning 9 minutes later with a very big smiles on their faces..

Heard an effort to try to make this more than it is on "Toucher and Rich" the other morning, that immediately followed the concocted controversy over Revis mother, changed the channel.. the media is starved for Patriots controversy..

This is no big deal and even if he did not donate it to Best Buddies.. who cares.

Here's my ticket*:

IMG_1434.JPG

Note the price.

There were some 7,000+ people there. ... Salem State made out OK.

*Full disclosure: I Photoshopped out the ticket holder name, bar code and QR code

Actually, to be fair, they had the price Peyton got for a speech at around the same time as TB's, and it was $105,000. I expect they vary back in forth but are general competitive. Certainly Peyton isn't getting -way- more than Tom.

Zero media criticism for Manning though.

Here's my ticket*:

View attachment 9539

Note the price.

There were some 7,000+ people there. ... Salem State made out OK.

*Full disclosure: I Photoshopped out the ticket holder name, bar code and QR code

So they made about $700k off of Brady and paid him $170k which he donated to charity. So basically Brady helped out Salem State and Best Buddies with that apperance.

This just illustrates how hungry some of the media is to go after Brady.

Yet Manning makes $105k for an hour at Oklahoma State and zero media criticism. Actually I saw some pieces that were comendimg him on getting that amount.

The Globe = Goodell.

Most newspapers won't. That's why I got out of the communications industry and went back to school. Journalistic integrity doesn't exist anymore and hasn't for a long, long time. Even if they admit they're wrong, the retraction is going to be printed on page 16 weeks after the original incorrect accusation is made. At that point, nobody really cares.

All Tom Brady ever wanted to do was to play football, win games and be the best quarterback that he could be.

He worked his @$$ of to get to where he is...the best QB in the history of the game

But it seems that living his dream has brought him nonstop false accusations, constant criticism, unjust punishment, no support from team ownership, and public mockery

Obviously he has also received accolades, millions of dollars and a supermodel wife, but I'm worried that Brady's going to reach the point where this this just isn't worth it anymore and he walks away

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes