PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe: Getting to know Caserio

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy can play running back and run the front office? I knew Belichick liked them versatile but even this is ridiculous. ;)

I hear the guy makes a great cup of tea, too....

P.S.

Welcome back from the hiatus

I hear the guy makes a great cup of tea, too....

P.S.

Welcome back from the hiatus

Yes, yes. It's good to be back.

stewieGriffin.jpg

Reiss reported Caserio was moving up to Vice President - Player Personnel. I'm good with that news.

Nick Caserio - Official New England Patriots Biography

I checked w/Reiss, here is his response:
i wouldn't be surprised if the patriots just have caserio keep his title, and have him assume those responsibilities. it would be a classic management way of keeping costs down.

maybe it's the same title, but with a mini-bump in pay. i was told caserio's salary would double if he gets the vp of player personnel title. so maybe they up it a little and have him work his way into the VP title, which is pretty exclusive. sounds like their style to me. i could be wrong, but i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any type of official announcement on that one.

That extended to his days at John Carroll, where he beat out McDaniels at quarterback, leading the coaches to move McDaniels to receiver.

Josh McDaniels at receiver? John Carroll must have been a juggernaut. ;)

Well, they were 33-7-2. . . . ;)

I see no reason to change Caserio's title. He is Director of Player Personnel. I think the VP position was created for Pioli. The open question is the nature of Caserio's new resonsibilties. For example, what new folks are reporting to him? For example, what folks does he know having hiring and firing responsibilities, as opposed to before? Who makes the draft decisions? Do thye require agreements as before?

Caserio was just brought into this role in February, likely with Pioli's possible leaving in mind. Yes, I would expect some increase in pay. I don't see Caserio sharing responsibilities with Belichick as Pioli did. I expect even more deference to Belichick that was the case with Pioli.

It was strange to have the Coach not report to the VP. I believe that when Jonathan was VP, his title was VP of Football Operations, and the coach reported to him. I believe Parcells has that title for the phins with the GM and the coach reporting up through him.

Last edited:
I really don't know why Reiss wrote that.

In a situation like this, someone that takes over the responsibilities would not automatically take on the more experienced person's salary. Especially if you're a junior person, you have to earn your way into the position by proving it.

I see this happen in my line of business a lot. People prove themselves, and then management promotes them. it would be stupid not to because people are always on the lookout for talent, and if a guy is producing at a low wage, he'll get plucked away.

This really isn't a matter of keeping costs down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes