PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe Dillon article - the interview that caused the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let him play

I've got no problem with that and the media shouldn't either.

I agree. When he got here everyone wanted to know how he'd 'fit' in -- whether he'd get enough carries to keep him happy. He looked happy at the Super Bowl and at the Ring Ceremony. Now that he's fit in, they want to know why his individual stats are not as impressive.

I say leave him alone -- go knock on the door of a parent who has lost a child or leak some state secrets. Let's let sports be fun.

I have been listening to music (old stuff) and audio books (http://librivox.org/) on my commute. There is nothing enjoyable on the airwaves these days. And that's a shame considering the Pats are in the midst of a historic reign.

He's clearly not having a good year, but at least he is saying "team" things and not blaming anyone for the ststs.

I found what he said to be pretty funny. The guy obviously enjoys tweaking the media, which makes them not like him. Good for him, I say.

Thinking about this whole situation with Dillon and his recent behavior you have to consider his personality and his past history.
Cory is kind of a brooding guy. I think he pretty much has always been like this.
Even though he's been saying the right things about team play and whatnot to the media, he still likes achieving those stats he is accustomed to having in years past.
This year you look at his yardage for the year and see a 1000 yard dropoff, the tendency is to conclude he's on his decline. I know these stats don't sit well with Cory himself and further more it is known that he has had an ankle injury all season but no one outside the team knows the extent of the injury.
So I think Cory is frustrated with people in general that are saying his dropoff in production means the end of his career and do not consider his injury.
Now, had Cory been healthy with these results it would be understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back