PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe: Danny Amendola "progressing very well"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, when it comes to the Patriots, most of the injury reports are very vague.

Hopefully him and gronk are back for Cincy? they have a tough stretch here...

Cinci game much more important than NO or Atlanta, due to conference. I think they just may sneak a win Sunday nite in Atlanta. As much as this is a must win for them, I think patriots may have a little no respect chip on their shoulder.

Cinci game much more important than NO or Atlanta, due to conference. I think they just may sneak a win Sunday nite in Atlanta. As much as this is a must win for them, I think patriots may have a little no respect chip on their shoulder.

I see pats losing this one..a close game..but ATL needs this game so bad. Hard to pick against them. Backs against the wall. When a team is dangerous.

The Globe is reporting that the Patriots plan on both of them playing on Sunday:

Source: Plan is for Gronkowski, Amendola to play Sunday - Extra Points - Boston.com

Sounds like the kind of thing that could easily have been leaked just to make the Falcons prepare for them, but it's an encouraging sign nonetheless.

Yeah, it's encouraging no matter what. Most expected Gronk to be back around week 4, maybe 5 at the latest, so we're almost there.

Amendola has only missed 2 games so far, so it's probably best to hold him out for another week no matter what just to be safe. After all, it'd be impressive enough in itself if he only missed 3 games when a lot of fans expected it to be possibly twice that amount.

If Belichick's plan was to throw out some misleading information, he has definitely succeeded. For every positive report like this one from the Globe, there are 2 or 3 others who are negative and say that either one is expected to play. NFLN was one who initially came out today with Breer's report that they both may play, but by tonight they changed their minds in the totally opposite direction and are now saying that neither player is expected to suit up.

The good news is that this may be the last game that we'll even have to worry about it, as just getting one or the other would go a long way. Things are looking up.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m
#Gronk has looked good in practice, Patriots think he's ready. Gronk has also told teammates he may even wait until Week 6 to play (yikes)

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m
#Pats believe Rob Gronkowski wants to play, but his dad is keeping him off the field as a precaution after he injured himself in playoffs

Get out there and play you little baby. Hopefully the Patriots are putting this out to make the little baby boy realize how stupid he looks.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m
#Gronk has looked good in practice, Patriots think he's ready. Gronk has also told teammates he may even wait until Week 6 to play (yikes)

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m
#Pats believe Rob Gronkowski wants to play, but his dad is keeping him off the field as a precaution after he injured himself in playoffs

Get out there and play you little baby. Hopefully the Patriots are putting this out to make the little baby boy realize how stupid he looks.

I know Gordie Gronkowski is a huge influence in Gronk's life, but he needs to tell his father that he is a man and Gronk needs to make his own career decisions. Assuming these reports are true.

So the extra week or 2 of sitting out in September/October will ensure Gronk is healthy for the playoffs? :rofl: Jeez I hope that report's not true. Then again, lack of logic on the family's part is better than the possibility of his arm still being an issue.

This isn't like sitting out week 17 after sustaining an injury the previous week, there's 13 freaking games left to play until the playoffs.

We need gronk for cincy. Tough D. If he is ready play. Its not that hard. Your old enough. Make your own choices. Stupid

I agree with chip on shoulder. But how will the rookies take almost a playoff feel for the first time in a must win for ATL? Thats the big ? If gronk was playing. I think our chance of winning qould go up a ton

They need to split ATL and saints game. And hopefully beat cincy. Dalton stinks

Gronk needs to make his own career decisions.

Seems to me he is making a career decision. Valuing his long term career over immediate need....pro athletes with irreplaceable skill sets have this luxury...especially when they have a long term contract.

Seems to me he is making a career decision. Valuing his long term career over immediate need....pro athletes with irreplaceable skill sets have this luxury...especially when they have a long term contract.

If he's going to exercise that luxury, he should be willing to forgo the pay he's received for not playing.

But in this case I thik Gronk's long term career needs alighn with the Patriot's goals as they have signed him long term.

I think the potential problem is: Why is Gronk's inner circle influencing anything. This decision should be between the Patriots, the doctors, and Gronk. If the Doctor is saying that by playing Gronk has a real risk of shortening his career; then that is a legit concern. But if the doctors are saying there's no long term effect by playing, then what is his inner circle doing making up a risk?

If he's going to exercise that luxury, he should be willing to forgo the pay he's received for not playing.
As I said in the other thread (which I meant to post the Daddy news in), if he's been cleared to play and chooses not to he should be suspended without pay. F him.

I know Gordie Gronkowski is a huge influence in Gronk's life, but he needs to tell his father that he is a man and Gronk needs to make his own career decisions. Assuming these reports are true.
A high school player would be embarrassed to have Daddy hold him out.

if Gronkowski is cleared to play, then he needs to play...period...even in a limited basis to start getting game reps back in. I know people here are saying "well this game or that game doesnt matter" they all matter...it could be the difference between getting a Bye, or having to play wildcard weekend.

Gronk has just the same chance to get injured in the last 10games before the playoffs if he sits out until week 6 as he does next week. its childish to hold out...hopefully we see him next week at cincy

I agree with chip on shoulder. But how will the rookies take almost a playoff feel for the first time in a must win for ATL? Thats the big ? If gronk was playing. I think our chance of winning qould go up a ton

They need to split ATL and saints game. And hopefully beat cincy. Dalton stinks

I'd be very happy with 2/3 as long as one of em is Cincinnati.

I do expect some wide eyed rookie tonight.......but, the falcons secondary is nowhere near as good as the last three we've seen.

I don't know if the report is true or not, but it seems his father is calling the shots. I don't blame Gordie for being overly cautious with his son who has had multiple surgeries, but he isn't a doctor and he isn't the player.

And Pro athletes with irreplaceable skills sets don't have the luxury. Plenty of elite players in this town who were perceived of holding out until they are 100% have been killed in this town.

Gronk is in an unique situation because a large portion of the fan base seem to have no problem with him sitting out an indefinite amount of time so "he will be healthy in the playoffs". It seemed at least half the fanbase wanted him on PUP even if he was ready weeks earlier just to be sure. Few players get that kind of leeway.

if Gronkowski is cleared to play, then he needs to play...period...even in a limited basis to start getting game reps back in. I know people here are saying "well this game or that game doesnt matter" they all matter...it could be the difference between getting a Bye, or having to play wildcard weekend.

Gronk has just the same chance to get injured in the last 10games before the playoffs if he sits out until week 6 as he does next week. its childish to hold out...hopefully we see him next week at cincy

Based on Florio's reports the last few weeks, it seems the Gronk camp's plan from day one no matter how he progressed was to sit out the first five weeks and return week 6. If that is the case, the Pats need to take some kind of action against Gronk (maybe suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team). It is one thing to hold out because he isn't ready, it is another for a player and his family to set an arbitrary date to return and refuse to play even if he is ready. I really hope these reports are wrong, but there is a mounting evidence that people on Gronk's side are convincing him to hold out until week 6.

Amendola sounds like he is trolling us right now:

"So far so good this week. I feel good," he said after the team's practice. "I felt good today. I’ll know more tomorrow and we’ll go from there. ... Every day is getting better. [I'm] working hard and just trying to get back out there as quickly as possible.”

Amendola also acknowledged that while he feels good on the practice field, there will remain an element of the unknown until he actually plays in a game because the intensity and pace can't be matched in a practice.

"Absolutely. I won’t know until I get into the game, but I’m trying to prepare myself best for that," he said.

New England Patriots' Danny Amendola: 'So far, so good' - ESPN Boston

So he wants everyone to know he's feeling good right now, but just in case he's not back for another 6 weeks or so, it's just one of those things, you never can tell, ya know? :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back