Welcome to PatsFans.com

Globe: Danny Amendola "progressing very well"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +705 / 5 / -3

Take it for what it is worth. From today's Globe:

Patriots? Danny Amendola said to be progressing well - Sports - The Boston Globe

At least one news source has finally explained that Amendola has a strained groin instead of making it sound 1,000 times worse by saying it is a torn adductor muscle. Still can be a problematic type of injury, but a strained groin doesn't sound so ominous.
  2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,363 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Reiss on Amendola, FWIW. I wouldn't mind if they held him out this week, either. I'm more concerned with Gronk's status at this point.
  3. dannydyn

dannydyn PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -2

#12 Jersey

I too, am more concerned with the Gronk. These reports about his arm still being a nagging problem, are not encouraging.
  4. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

A grade strain is a tear........" A grade 2 strain is a moderate strain. There is tearing of fibers within the substance of the tendon, at the bonetendon junction, or at the muscle-tendon junctioN"

Here is probably more than you ever wanted to know............

Pain Management and Rehabilitation Center -http://www.painrehabcenter.com Home

The question I have is, will he possibly make it worse by playing on it??

I have complete faith in our medical staff to treat and get him in position to play, whether that is this week or in 4 weeks.

Of course the hope is that they manage the injury but he plays out the season right into Feb.
  5. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +705 / 5 / -3

Two weeks ago, I would have said play Amendola if he is ready to go. But with the Falcons all banged up and not looking all that impressive, I think the Pats can win this game without him. Their defense has not been all that impressive and they have given up over 400 yards in two of their three games. And I think another week to heal may be more important than getting him out there this week.

I think Gronk is more important. He is desperately needed as a red zone target.
  6. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,363 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

If that report about his forearm is true, it's EXTREMELY alarming. I would love to get a good look at their full contact practices and see if Gronk has been in on any blocking drills to test that theory.
  7. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +705 / 5 / -3

I know it is a tear. All strains are tears. I am just saying by saying it is a tear to the adductor muscle makes it seem much more severe than it is. It is still a strained groin. Strained groins can be significant injuries though.
  8. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +705 / 5 / -3

Again, that is more media stuff. They said his arm strength isn't where they want it to be. That is because he couldn't life for something like six months. It is expected he wouldn't have all his arm strength back yet.

Mike Reiss also reported last week which got far less play than Roappaort's report was that if last week was a playoff game, Gronk would have played. That tells me that his arm strength concerns are overplayed.
  9. JMC00

JMC00 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +397 / 12 / -8

I think the whole Gronk thing just sounds more alarming than it actually might be. The phrase "full strength" was used. Do we really know what Gronk or the team is looking for in terms of full strength? It might not just be lifting weights, it might be running plays with the first team offense and getting back into the flow of blocking and catching and using that forearm.

It was only last week that he started running some plays with the first team.
  10. yukon cornelius

yukon cornelius Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 8 / -2

#87 Jersey

ultimately it is going to come down to Amendola being willing to take the needle, and how well can he play with that area shot up

this is going to be an issue all year.....it is going to come down to managing the pain and being effective while doing so

the gronk forearm "issue" was a media reach.....it goes without saying forearm strength and endurance would be an issue after such a long rehab.....
  11. ensoul

ensoul Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

My friend owns a pizza shop in Scituate which is two doors down from a small business that Amendola family owns. He speaks to Amendolas mother from time to time and what she told him is that she believes overall he is about 5 weeks away from a return. Hopefully it is sooner.
  12. Ivan

Ivan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +630 / 17 / -19

#75 Jersey

Make do with what they have until both these guys are fully ready to return, rushing them in the hopes of wining a particular game makes no sense if you end up losing either for the season as a result.
  13. Sicilian

Sicilian On the Roster

Ratings:
    +345 / 1 / -2

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Danny pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
  14. resdubwhite

resdubwhite Rookie

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

smoke and mirrors people. The ministry of misinformation is working full time.

Prepare for the unexpected. Just when you think theres no chance of either playing.

BANG.
  15. BSR

BSR Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

Danny's family is from Texas and Amendola is a relatively popular name. I don't think they are related.
  16. patfanken

patfanken On the Roster

Ratings:
    +499 / 14 / -8

#91 Jersey

Actually the Amendola's are originally from NE and Danny was born here, so while specious, it could be true that someone in the family owns a local business, So there could be a germ of truth in the post. Also game 6 would be a good game for him to come back. (the 5 weeks)

With Edellman playing so well and Gronk getting closer each week, I wouldn't rush him. In his situation better a week to late than a week too early. I wouldn't be unhappy to see Gronk in game 5 and DA in game 6.

My hope is that the Pats reach the half way point of the season 5-3 with everyone healthy, rather than 6-2 with people on the IR
  17. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

First thing I thought of too, we always get some poster who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone that says something :bricks:
  18. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

the pats will never give out info on injures so the media makes guess at what is really going on... the good news is at lest we now Gronk and Amendola will be back at some point hopefully on the field at the same time for the playoff run
  19. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0

Thank you, Simone.
  20. ensoul

ensoul Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

Amendola has family in Scituate.

Danny Amendola?s Experience With Josh McDaniels Was ?Main Thing? Behind Signing With Patriots | New England Patriots | NESN.com

The Patriots gave Danny Amendola $31 million reasons to sign with them this week, but it turns out the main attraction was already in New England.

No, it wasn’t his parents, who own a home in Scituate. Instead, he admitted his experience with offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels during his time with the Rams was the biggest pull.