PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe: Bethel fighting for his career

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one of those things that hard for a fan to know, who doesn't have season tix. We can watch the games and know how linemen perform, and RB's and TE's. Receivers aren't covered by the cameras unless they're getting the ball. I heard that the knock on Bethel was that unless he was the first or second read, he wouldn't run his routes well.

Any impressions from people that go to the games?

I find it telling that Bethel cites "running MORE routes" rather than running BETTER routes as he tries to make the case that he has done everything right.

We'll know early in preseason whether he will reverse his downward course. He can't say he doesn't have a chance to compete; he's got his best opportunity since he was drafted.

make it out there.

dhamz said:
I think the quotes speak volumes about why Bethel hasn't made the impact that his talent suggests he can.
heck, rickey bryant and bam mitchell can make the team.
a second round pick talking about making it out there.
if only he decided to rise up and be 3/4 of what he' could be. a set with him & jackson split wide, with the twig in the slot, would be more than his teams OC could stand.

nfl staters don't have to be ''told' what to do.

JoeSixPat said:
I was being facetious when I said I feel his frustration ;)
There's no way the coaches keep this a "secret" from him... he knows exactly what he needs to do... either he can't do it or he won't
I mean - really how can you say you don't know what more you can be doing? And if you don't how can you tell a reporter that you haven't had a conversation with the coaches about how perplexed you are.
You just can't be a wallflower on this team
He's getting one last chance only because he's a 2nd round pick
he should be way past needing to be told what to do.
you think rodney waits to be told what to do? ty warren, kaczur, beisel?
either he's lost his confidence or he was a loser when he got here. i don't think BB's gonna keep many players who wait for the coaches to tell him what he needs to do.

Last edited:
Bethel hasn't gotten much of a chance to show his talent in game situations the past two years, but it's likely because he hasn't earned it.

He'll probably get a shot this year. He certainly has a lot of raw skills/talent, and if anyone is going to help him reach his potential, it's Brady. Why trade him when his value is so freakin low anyway?

Last edited:
BradyManny2344 said:
Why trade him when his value is so freakin low anyway?
Well..trade now..or maybe wait to get cut...I think those unfortunately are two options brewing right now.
He has had a TON of opportinities the last few years...many many..but he hasn't risen to the occasion. I keep thinking with each big play that he is made, that he has finally understood...but??? Hasn't happened...and if the coaches can NOT get to him after how many years..why is there thinking he would get it now?? Maybe something has changed for the better...I don't know. I wish him the best as it would REALLY solidify the WR corps, but I am not optimistic. Would LOVE to see it, but just don't think it's happening..

What has be been doing wrong? I know he doesn't play much. Is that because he plays poorly when he is out there? Everyone but me and Bethel seems to know why he can't get playing time :D

spacecrime said:
What has be been doing wrong? I know he doesn't play much. Is that because he plays poorly when he is out there? Everyone but me and Bethel seems to know why he can't get playing time :D

Well again WE can only speculate... but there is NO WAY the Patriots staff is keeping this a secret from BJ. We're long past the time of coaches playing psychological games and being coy with a player to motivate him.

BJ's a second round pick.... they're not messing around with him anymore. Whatever they've asked him to show them in practice thus far, he hasn't shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back