Welcome to PatsFans.com

Global Warming Report Finds Time Running Out

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Hey, but let's look out number one for the interests of the oil companies and the Saudis, who are victims of greedy bastards like Al Gore. Let's take a chance that most of the world's leading scientists are liars rather than risk spending money to clean our air. After all, those global warming believers are just in it for the money, like Galileo was when he said the earth was not the center of the solar system.

Climate Change: Global Warming Report Finds Time Running Out - ABC News

There's even less time for humanity to try to curb global warming than recently thought, according to a new in-depth scientific assessment by 26 scientists from eight countries.

"Many indicators are currently tracking near or above the worst-case projections" made three years ago by the world's scientists, the new Copenhagen Diagnosis said.

Sea Level Rise this century is likely to be "at least twice that projected" three years ago, with enormous humanitarian and economic impacts.

All ice types, including massive ice sheets, mountain glaciers and Arctic sea ice (frozen sea-surface), are for the most part melting far faster than predicted three years ago.
  2. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +108 / 7 / -10

Funny stuff given that we now know that the crisis is manufactured from corrupted data and incomplete data sets.

Guess the ABC people wnet to oceanagraphers since the modelers are discredited. I await with baited breath the mechanism for the positive feedback mechanism for the atmosphere. I also await the publishing to the data sets and code so they can be independently examined you knoiw like they do in real science.
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We've been hearing time is running out for about 20 years now and meanwhile the past decade has shown a decrease in temperatures even as carbon emissions have increased.
  5. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +290 / 6 / -5

Of course, anyone with an understanding of how global warming works knows that temperature rise is not linear.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

WOW...with all that data you posted, how could anyone disagree with you?

AGAIN...you just blinded me with science! (sorry Dolby)

So, pumping more greenhouse gasses in the air is colling our planet? AMAZING!....

if what you are saying is true (and from all the data you posted, it MUST be) we need to gather up all that and set up a meeting with the head of NASA and tell them that the plans to "Terraform" Mars by producing super greenhouse gasses is flawed. We will end up COOLING the planet....somehow....by trapping the sunlight in the atmosphere. We need to tell them that even with all the most educated scientists and brightest minds that our National Space Agency has employed we are wrong.

Wolfpack, thanks for posting all that factual data. Now, lets rent a Hummer, and drive with the emergency brake on to NASA HQ with this starteling data!

we need to save this planet my producing MORE greenouse gasses...to cool the planet...

wait a second....this couldn't be a ploy by the companies that produce such emissions...to get you to consume more of their product...could it?

Nahhhhhh......

Shotgun, I called it!
  7. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +290 / 6 / -5

8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Anyone with an understand of how global warming alarmists work is that they make predictions then when the data doesn't support their predictions (like these past 10 years) they revise their predictions after the fact to make it seem like this is what they expected all along.
  9. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +290 / 6 / -5

I don't think there's any question that earth is heating up. If that makes me "alarmist," so be it.
  10. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +85 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Well it seems that everyone who "knows" how global warming works, HAS BEEN CAUGHT LYING!!!

Global Warming may be the single biggest hoax ever played on the people of the earth (I'm assuming, unlike Carl Everett, that Neal Armstrong did in fact land on the moon)! Gee nobody called this (cough, cough) the very people who stand to make the most money from global warming, are the ones who have been lying about it.
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The past 10 years disagree. This data has been posted to this forum recently so I am sure you don't need me to repost it. But the facts are that the planet has cooled in the past 10 years.

I am sorry to refer to facts that don't support your alarmist theories, but that's what true scientists do.
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +108 / 7 / -10

And who praytel has the 'understanding' of how Global warming works?
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Funny how you can concieve the montary gains of the global warming 'alarmists' yet can't seem to grasp why global energy giants benefit when you burn their product....

its pure comedy.
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

GEOLOGISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you people really this dim?
  15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The mean temperature of this planet rose throughout and up to most of the 90's, peaking in (I believe) 1998, and has since undergone a downward trend.

My position is these are naturally occuring phenomenon and has virtually nothing to do with man made carbon emissions. My favorite article about this subject discusses how the planet Mars is undergoing many of the same changes.

It's almost like the sun has some sort of strange influence on the solar system. I can't image why, it's only 99.9% of the mass of our solar system and virtually the only source of energy, heat, light, etc. But I am sure all those Hummers carry more weight that the sun does and the climate change on Mars is really big oil's fault.

Climate change hits Mars - Times Online

"Mars is being hit by rapid climate change and it is happening so fast that the red planet could lose its southern ice cap, writes Jonathan Leake.

Scientists from Nasa say that Mars has warmed by about 0.5C since the 1970s. This is similar to the warming experienced on Earth over approximately the same period.

Since there is no known life on Mars it suggests rapid changes in planetary climates could be natural phenomena."
  16. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +290 / 6 / -5

I guess I have to repeat myself, but I don't believe the process is linear. By the same token, the five hottest years since the 1890s occured in the past 12 years, so you can take from that what you will. It's kind of like the people who observe that it's really cold outside their house right now, therefore global warming must not exist.
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

It's Bush's Fault or as President Jug Ears likes to say "the previous administration"

:bricks:
  18. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +290 / 6 / -5

Battle of the links?

RealClimate: Global warming on Mars?

19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

wait.....stop using scientific data to back up your stance...Instead I suggest that you listen to a leader of either a source of fossil fuel energy, or some congressional leader who that company paid when you are attempting to form an opinion.

Scientists are just looking for grants or federal payouts to continue their 'research' in finding out such hoaxes as ' global temperature'

why would you listen to a scientist who only wants to get more money?

Listen to Senator Inhofe instead!

and for gods sake, please stop with all these abortions....freedom.
  20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +108 / 7 / -10

Link to their data.

BTW there is a big yellow thing in the sky which drives climate, this is understood by astrophysicist, what do geologist know about astrophysics.

You are in ghe music business (hip hop IIRC) do you know the difference between astrophysics and geology.