Welcome to PatsFans.com

Global Warming expedition, called off due to frostbite!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Mar 13, 2007.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +515 / 49 / -7

#75 Jersey

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

Once again weather is the news, climate change is history..

3. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What a dumb way to call attention to global warming. The temperature going up one degree might affect the Earth, but it's not going to make a difference between getting and not getting frostbite at the north pole.

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Statements like these from these nit-wits do nothing to help a cause like "global warming":

"They were experiencing temperatures that weren't expected with global warming," Atwood said. "But one of the things we see with global warming is unpredictability."

People can be incredibly stupid.

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

T'would appear seem someone(s) above is/are saying something. About the 3rd or 4th time this has happened recently.

//

//

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 10 / -14

Don't tell that to the nitwits who'believe' in Global Warming.

7. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The nitwits, we won't tell that to. But many perfectly reasonable people believe in global warming and the nitwits - including Al Gore - don't speak for us.

8. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,456 / 186 / -130

Disable Jersey

Reasonable people don't believe in man-made global warming or climate change as a danger. Reasonable people know that it probably doesn't exist, at least not to any significant degree or any level worth worrying about. That's because reasonable people can look at history and current events and figure out the obvious. Things such as current warming temperatures on multiple planets in the solar system and not just earth. Things such as a clear correlations between solar activity and earth temperatures (Shocking, but true). Things such as it having been much warmer than it currently is on many occasions in the no-so-distant, and distant, past. Things such as higher temps historically leading to higher CO2 numbers, and not the other way around.

Of course, much of this country, and most of the world, is comprised of people who aren't reasonable. That's why frauds get away with claiming we're all going to freeze to death in one decade and then claiming we're all going to melt in the next.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

Good post, makes a lot of sense to just post anecdotal evidence to prove your point and that most of the world can just be categorized as "frauds" while something is going on here. May be cyclical, however man is expediting it and not making it any better. Name calling is certainly the way to attract an audience and prove your point..

10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Its a proven scientific fact that if you leave your fridge door open your kitchen will get WARMER!

I wonder if that is more or less relevant to the Global Climate Change discussion than the subject of this thread?

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +994 / 2 / -9

It's all Bush's fault.

It's all America's fault (right wing America)
    :bricks:

12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

Not only that, but your electric bill will get bigger too! :D

13. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Reasonable people have a hunch that if you put a big, thick blanket over something, it will retain heat. Reasonable people also aren't 100% sure either way, but feel we should reduce the impact on our environment in general. You, on the other hand, have decided that it's impossible for humans to cause Earth's warming, and no amount of evidence would convince you otherwise. You don't speak for reasonable people.

14. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +3,456 / 186 / -130

Disable Jersey

1.) Please cite to the anecdotal evidence I supposedly gave, remembering that noting other planets are warming is not an anecdote any more than noting that earth is warming, since planetary warming is precisely the issue in question. It's true I cited to correlations without linking to them, but that's not making "anecdotes", that's simply not bothering to put in links.

2.) Please find proof that man is "expediting it" (Hint: you can't, because there is none. You're pushing opinion as fact.).

3.) Please find where I said most of the world can be categorized as "frauds" (Hint: you can't, because I didn't say that.).

4.) Who says I was trying to attract an audience? If you're not capable of grasping the simple reality that the global cooling argument was fraudulently espoused and some of the same frauds are now preaching global warming, I don't want you in my audience, I don't want you voting, and I don't want you influencing others in any way. I want you doing menial tasks that will not possibly have a damaging effect on any other human beings on this planet.

15. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +3,456 / 186 / -130

Disable Jersey

Again, the evidence is that the warming has preceeded the increased CO2, which makes sense. Warmer temperatures means more available land and more plant life living, dying and then decaying and sending CO2 into the atmosphere.

Reasonable people also note that the same gases now being declared a 'blanket' were once being declared a 'shield' of sorts, preventing the sun's rays from warming the planet. Now, given that I never said it was impossible for man to influence earth temperature, it wasn't reasonable for you to make such an assumption as "You've decided it's impossible...." when I was referring only to its impact as a danger and noted that "at least not to any significant degree or any level worth worrying about". So, reasonable people would conclude that you either displayed poor reading skills or were deliberately being false in your accusation.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  16. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This is just crazy. Forget scientists, Deus Irae has his own climate model. From what I know, water expands at higher temperatures, meaning less land. But in any case, now you're not just claiming that there's no proof that global warming's real, you're offering "proof" that it isn't.

For one thing, I trust modern science quite a bit more than science 30 or 40 years ago, when they were talking about global cooling. For another, you are claiming, with certainty, that our contribution of CO2 isn't dangerous. So all the scientists are alarmists, and you have the facts?

17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 10 / -14

Look at the Charts Fred Singer from NASA says the same thing, perhaps you should have paid attention in science class.

18. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'll happily look at anything if you provide a link.

19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

I think by available land he means lands which were off limits before due to colder climates, and/or seasons. For example, during the medival warming, the Vikings were able to travel to Greenland and Iceland, and on to New Foundland. Englanders were able to plant crops, vineyards for example, that which was not possible (available) previously. That's what I thought his point was anyway. Of course, then that would pose the potential problem of other lands becoming too arid.