Welcome to PatsFans.com

Global Warming Alarmist Irked by Cold Weather

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Mar 18, 2009.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -13

Very funny article. Lefty loon upset set that reality is behaving according to the computer models he places his'belief' in...Faith based science anyone?

Global Warming Alarmist Irked by Cold Weather | NewsBusters.org

Imagine he is unhappy there is no evidence of the catastrophe he fears...:D:singing::rolleyes:
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

He should do what Al Boob Gore does, wait until Summer gets here and then start scratching himself and blubbering about sick Polar Bears and all the rest of the looney sh!t those nuts whail about.

The Global Warming goof balls haven't got the brains to wait until August to start their Blame Americans Hot Air End Of The World Garbage.

I wonder if these screw-balls have ever tried thinking of a way to stop Moose from sh!tting in the woods, maybe they could go into the woods with their little dart guns and tranquilize them then put some organic "Moose Diapers" on them, God I get goose bumps just thinking about it, just imagine someday our grandchildren will have "Sh!t Free Woods"

Tra la la twiddle dee dee
    It gives me a thrill
    To see Moose wearing diapers
    On Mocking Bird hill

:bricks:
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

These stories always make me laugh. The "Sky-is-falling" crowd climate scare types are just blowing smoke to cover up the REAL problems in America, like:

"Out of wedlock births",
    US births break record; 40 pct. are out-of-wedlock

and this: Chaplain at Hospice by the Sea in Boca Raton resigns over ban on word 'God' -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

and this: Omaha.com Metro/Region Section

and this: two TRILLION??? Washington Times - Obama climate plan could cost $2 trillion

and the worst of all: Sources: U.S. to sign U.N. gay rights decree - White House- msnbc.com

And people lament the future of America??? Look no further.

//
  4. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I need another hit from my bong
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

weather.....

vs.

Global CLIMATE.

This should read "Global Warming alarmist confused by definition of 'weather'...
  6. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

if you hold your breath long enough, you will pass out
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

harry?......
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -13

Global climate has been cooling for the past 10 years. The modelers predicted the climate would warm, ie the models are inaccurate. THere is NO indication that man is having a significent impact on Global Climate.

There are indications obama is planning on imposing $650B worth of cap and trade taxes on us. .
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

there is plenty of science that points to the fact that man has had a SERIOUS impact on global climate...

I believe the debate should be on if the Earth's position in its own precession cycle and distance from the sun has an added impact, positive or negative.

PF, do me a favor.....go to North Jersey (or watch the opening credits of the Sopranos)....watch the refineries spew filth...and tell me that man has no impact.
  10. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Hahahahahahahahahhahaha, thanks for the smile and posting that link. I needed the giggle.:singing:
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -13

Computer models are not science.... they are models. They are only science if they can successfully make predictions.
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

wow......

what Science/Nostradamus camp did you go to?

Science is data that comes from proving theories based on data that has been proven by experimentation.

Science has never claimed to be able to predict something. Thats only called "science" when some bookie is claiming to have the winner in tonights Louisville game if you call an 800 number....

computer models are part of science, but most climatologists get their data and evidence from ice core samples. just a heads up.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -13

Newton's laws of mechanics allow me to predict the behavior of bodies within certain boundaries of mass and speed, same for quantum mechanics and Relativity. Science allows us to predict how chemical s will interact.

There is no data supporting the claims of the climate modelers.

I am a physics/ee grad what is your science background?
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

what.......
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'm a master of the universe. Hang with Battle Cat (aka 'Cringer')

I know you lie and have many times in the past, so I'm not fully accepting your online claim of a degree, since you just stated that the main goal of science is to predict things. Unless your teachers were Kreskin, or Edgar Cayce...then we might have something.

In your rant about Newton, and his LAWS, just wondering where he got those from, and how he proved his laws? Might be from data and experimentation, proving his THEORY. maybe another person would have to replicate his experiment....maybe?...huh?

see.....if you had a physics degree, you would know that a theory is only as good as the paper its written on. Theories become laws of science when proven, and duplicated by other objective scientists. Thats how science works.
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -13

Laws are stated as mathematical equations and verified by experiment and observation. That is the problem the climate modelers are currently having their models are being contradicted by observation. Yet they are insisting that decisions be made based on the predictions made by their models....
  17. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

it might be something else then....

one thing is clear, the investigation is far from complete on this one.

I give it up to scientists, when presented with contradictory data, and experimentations they accept truth.

having said that...one scientist remarking that its been a cold winter is hardly close to a 500,000 year old ice core sample....get it.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -13

Well in the case of the Ice Core sample the CO2 in the atmosphere LAGS temp bu~800-1000 years, this indicates that CO2 in the atmosphere is a result of warming not a cuase of warming. This makes sense when we realize that >90% of CO2 is in the ocean. For an easy example take an unopened can of carbonated soda and leave it out in the sun oon a warm day see what happens when you open the can...the CO2 comes out of solution....

Look at the sunspot frequency the relationship to the solar wind. Then the relationship of solar wind to cosmic rays reaching the atmosphere along t=with the relationship between cosmic rays and cloud formation.

BTW the modeling boys don't account for the cooling effects of rain on the behavior of the atmosphere.
  19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

See the thing is PAtsfan13, you lost a lot of credibility the first time you started a 'It was cold out yesterday, therefore GCC is bunk' thread. Repeating that mistake, roughly 56 thousand times now, hasn't helped.
  20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

That was funny man.