Welcome to PatsFans.com

Glenn Beck - Master Hypocrite

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -1

But hey - I supppse everyone's got to be good at something.

Glenn Beck: Site of Norway Massacre 'Sounds Like the Hitler Youth'

Beck said on his radio show that the Labour Party youth camp on the island of Utoya, where 68 people were believed killed by the suspect Anders Behring Breivik, had "disturbing" similarities to the Nazi's youth movement. "There was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler Youth, or, whatever," Beck said Monday on his syndicated program heard across 400-plus stations. "I mean, who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing."

Read more: Glenn Beck: Norway Camp 'Sounds like the Hitler Youth' - TIME NewsFeed

Who does? You does, Glenn, you does.

Or did you forget?

Tampa Liberty School is a week-long day camp for kids ages 8 to 12. It's run by the Tampa 912 Project, a Tea Party - affiliated group aligned with Glenn Beck's 9/12 Project. The camp itself is organized by conservative writer Jeff Lukens, and will "impart the principles of liberty as discovered and implemented by the founders of our country."

According to the St. Petersburg Times, those principles include "I believe in God," and "I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable."

Glenn Beck 'Indoctrinates' Kids With His Upcoming Tea Party Summer Camp -- Puppet Masters -- Sott.net

The Florida camp is modeled after a Ky camp which took place last year.

This was the start of Vacation Liberty School, a five-day program designed to teach about the country's beginnings and the founding fathers.

It was created by a group called 9/12, which is just over a year old and was founded by political commentator Glenn Beck. Several 9/12 chapters plan to hold Vacation Liberty School, said Lisa Abler, the school coordinator, but Monday Georgetown became the first in the country to be up and running. The 9/12 project is named for the day after Sept. 11, 2001 when Americans were united, not divided along party lines, Abler said.

Monday night's lessons focused on early America. One activity involving bubbles and water guns was used to demonstrate the power of personal property.

The activity was followed by a lecture about how many of the early colonists starved to death after arriving in the New World because everything was shared under what lecturer Tim Fairfield described as a communist system. The deaths from starvation ended after families were given their own land and possessions, said Fairfield, who dressed in brown period costume, complete with hat and boots.

Read more: Bluegrass Moms | Liberty school focus is founding fathers
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

They were running an anti Israel pro Hamas rally 2 days before the massacre that was attended by the Norwegian foreign minister this wasn't a boy scout camp. Lots of anti semitism in Europe these days. I linked to the article in another thread. Beck is pro Israel. It isn't surprising the MSM would ignore this is their reporting on the massacre.
  3. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LMAO, 'anti-semite'/'pro-hamas', yeah whatever. Wanting to end israeli apartheid doesn't mean 'hates jews'.
  4. JackBauer

JackBauer Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

Beck is a reprehensible, borderline insane figure, and it's telling PF13 would be rushing in here to defend him.
  5. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

wow ...beck is a horrible human being......and bigger wow, at least one person here is defending him....amazing
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

Where is the error in noting what the camp is about, as I said on another thread it is a shame the libs in Norway don't have the death penalty this guy deserves it.

Other than a hatred for Beck what did he say here that is wrong?
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Did he put the Vick's vapor rub under his eyes before he told this yarn?
    I really don't get how this guy is even on a major media outlet ... P.O.S.
  8. JackBauer

JackBauer Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

Gee, I dunno.

Maybe it was the comparison to Nazi Germany.
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -1

So you don't think that saying, " I mean, who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing," when you, yourself, sponsors a camp for kids that's all about politics isn't just a bit hypocritical?

Ah, never mind, you probably don't.
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -1

Why, does it justify the attack in your mind?
  11. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Any evidence of this "anti-Israel" rally?

While we wait for that, another question: so what? Does that justify this righy Christian loon's actions?

So the campers were anti-Semites?
  12. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

1) comparison to Hitler youth
    2) hypocrisy given his own camp that Mrs posted about
    3) irrelevance
  13. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

When I first heard about the site of the shooting, I thought the exact same thing. So I guess I am reprehensible, oh well.

There is an actual difference between a "camp" which is the act of camping and a "camp" which is a physical place.
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

The children of Norway's elites attended the camp the PM was there earlier in the day, left before the massacre. Some of the victims thought it was a simulation of how the Israeli's slaughtered Palestinians in Gaza. This was from eyewitness reports.
  15. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Norway is a CIVILIZED society. That's why they don't have a death penalty. You want to know what the best punishment is? Keep him imprisoned for life (and contrary to stupid rightwing reports, it's NOT 21 year maximum sentence, they can extend his sentence every 5 years), don't allow him access to the media, and let him watch Norway stay open, free, and democratic, the OPPOSITE of what he wants. Terrorists don't CARE about death, but care very much about how their actions effect political change.

Norway's Prime Minister put it best after the tragedy:

"Our answer is more democracy, more openness, and more humanity but never naivety."

Sounds like Norway is doing the OPPOSITE of what the US did after 9/11
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

The Far Left Wing Liberal Movement and their Main Stream Media in America are also becoming Anti Semitic, they have found a "new love" ISLAM.

I am amazed that many American Jews can't see this but Israel certainly realizes it.

What A Strange Situation............:confused:
  17. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Are you a meth addict by any chance?
  18. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

you know, harry, you can keep saying this 2-3 times per day here, but it doesn't make it any less false.

But I'm sure American Jews, just like American blacks, are thankful you're looking out for them.
  19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -1

Yeah....definitely sounds elitist.

Organized by the youth wing of the ruling Labor Party, the camp has become a kind of multicultural incubator in recent years. Many of the victims in Friday’s shooting were the children of immigrants from Africa and Asia who have begun to stake out a greater role for themselves in Norwegian society.

Khamshajiny Gunaratnam, 23, a camp member, was born in Sri Lanka and moved to Norway when she was 3. She is dark-skinned, wears a nose stud and speaks both Norwegian and English in seemingly native accents.

She described a Norway that was increasingly divided along class and ethnic lines, and said there was a growing hostility toward people who were not ethnically Norwegian, even those born in the country.

But she saw the camp on Utoya as a sanctuary, a promise of a better country. “It was for me the safest place in the world,” she said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/world/europe/24island.html

Link, please?
  20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Realist......................:D