Welcome to PatsFans.com

Glenn Beck Channels Karl Marx

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +525 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Congress should never make more than $22,000 a year. That's what our soldiers make; that's what they make. Wherever our soldiers go get their medical care, that's exactly where they get medical care.

The average federal employee should never make more than the average American, ever.

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Beck to Congress re: salaries

French Marxists proclaim "equality of wages." The doctor, the schoolmaster and the professor will be paid (in labor notes) at the same rate as the navvy. Eight hours spent in walking the hospitals will be worth the same as eight hours spent in navvies' work or in the mine or the factory.

THE WAGE SYSTEM
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +277 / 10 / -26

Most soldiers make more than 22K per/year.. with this line of reasoning, we should have PX privileges for congressman, reduced rate golf courses, family allotments, subsidized housing, housing allowance and all of the other benefits that soldiers receive...

Do believe that they should forego their scheduled raise this year, and face a reduction in their 1.8 million dollar expense account..

Army Pay Charts 2010 - 0 to 20 Years of Service

Army Pay Charts 2010 - More Than 20 Years of Service
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

I believe congress already has access to a private golf course and gets subsidies for housing...lifetime best in class health care, add nauseum.

Our representatives should not be members of our financially elite class, but most are just that. If they're not when they're voted in, they are by the time they leave...and that is wrong.

Members of congress are certainly not special people...but they act as if they are members of "the chosen few". And I'm referring to both parties. They are just another bozo on the bus like the rest of us.

I would never, ever address a member of congress with anything other than their first name if I met any of them. I'd call Barney, "Barney" and Scott, "Scott" if I were to speak to my representatives.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +277 / 10 / -26

Do you believe or do you know?? Not quite sure they do...

I know that their housing is not subsidized...
  5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

I wrote "believe"...if I knew, I'd have written "I know".

What I do know is that almost their entire lives are subsidized when they're in Washington. Almost anything is expensed as "part of the job".

There is no reason Americans should treat members of congress as a group of elite people. I think that's a very, very important message our populace needs to send them often.

It's basically a case of "They work for us, we don't answer to them". This is a concept we need to hit them over the head with.

They are in no way, "special people".
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +525 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Congressmen get a $3,000.00 a year "housing allowance deduction" on their taxes.

Does Congress Get What It Deserves? - page 2 | Insight on the News Newspaper

There is a golf course in Bethesda called "The Congressional Country Club." It is not restricted to congressmen. It is open to anyone who is approved and who has the $150,000.00 initiation fee and is willing to get on the 8 year waiting list and then wait another 2-3 years to be allowed to use the golf course.

Congressional Country Club - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for insurance: Members of Congress have good health insurance by any standard, but it’s not free and not reserved only for them – and it’s not government insurance. House and Senate members are allowed to purchase private health insurance offered through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, which covers more than 8 million other federal employees, retirees and their families.

A janitor working in the pentagon is entitled to the same benefits - at the same price. And when they quit working for the government, unless it's at retirement age, they both lose their health insurance unless they COBRA out and absorb the entire cost themselves.

Health Care for Members of Congress? | FactCheck.org

Pensions are not automatic, nor free, either:

As it is for all other federal employees, congressional retirement is funded through taxes and the participants' contributions. Members of Congress under FERS contribute 1.3 percent of their salary into the FERS retirement plan and pay 6.2 percent of their salary in Social Security taxes.

Members of Congress are not eligible for a pension until they reach the age of 50, but only if they've completed 20 years of service. Members are eligible at any age after completing 25 years of service or after they reach the age of 62. Please also note that Members of Congress have to serve at least 5 years to even receive a pension.

US Congress Salaries and Benefits – Salaries and Benefits of US Congress Members

I suppose you call your physician "Bob," too, rather than Doctor Smith? And next time you're in traffic court, be sure to address the judge as "Susie," rather than "Your Honor." See how that flies, ok? Let me know.

You sound more and more communistic every day, PR.
  7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

You really a ******* dick, aren't you?

It's all about the pay and benifits, yeah, that's why you become a soilder.

For you to compare what a soldier makes to what a congressman does, shows the hatred in your head for the men and women in uniform.
  8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

Forget about what congress gets "officially"...take a look at their expense accounts to see what the reality is.

My doctor deserves that kind of respect, my representatives don't. I'm supporting a drive to let our elected officials know that they are no different from those who elect them.

As for judges...if I'm in court for a legal matter in which I stand to gain or lose "X" amount, I'm going to "do as the Romans do" to give me the greatest chance of winning my case. But I've only gone to court twice in my life in order to challenge speeding tickets and I won both times.;)
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 2 / -9

Stinking politician swine don't get that VIP treatment in my book.
  10. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -3

wasn't it Beck who was comparing the two?
  11. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -3

I call my doctor by first name. Anybody who corrects me that they should be called by Doctor or any other title better call me "Mr." in turn, and not think it's appropriate to call me by my first name. (Don't get me wrong - this has happened only once or twice in my life.)

As for judges, it's a bit different in a courtroom -- there is an implied level of respect. Outside the courtroom, though, same thing applies, imo. (I'm friends with one judge and he doesn't pretend to be anything special requiring a title.)
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +277 / 10 / -26

First of all I am 63 years old, they do not want me.. and when they did I tried real hard not to get drafted.

Your reaction is typical for you, my comments had to do with Herr Glenn claiming that soldiers make 22K per year, and my effort was to show that his figures were exaggerated.. but what else is new for the chief of the thought police.

I know it is challenging for you, but follow the conversation.. you sound like a complete b.. hole with these comments.
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +277 / 10 / -26

But that is not important, just react as you are supposed to any time you mention the military.. do not read, just do what Glenn Beck and the thought police want you to do..