Welcome to PatsFans.com

Glenn Beck at Falwell's Liberty U – Where’s the Outrage?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, Jun 11, 2010.

1. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

As much as I do not care for either, Beck has done a very good job of marketing his stuff...

OTOH extremist religions are very dangerous....
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

a joke spoke to a buch of peopel graduating from a joke...

and nobody cares
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Sounds like the people at Liberty weren't freaked out that Beck was/is a Mormon. Some other people weren't as tolerant.
  5. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

In 2008 this "joke" happenned to be second in VA and in the top 5% of all law schools in the country for its graduates passing the bar exam. Quite an accomplishement for its students and faculty considering the law school was founded in 2004.

Liberty Journal
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

I don't know much about the School but if Liberals consider it to be a Joke it's probably a great place, they must teach young people "reading writing arithmetic" instead of "hate america"
  7. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It's worse than that Harry, they teach about Christ.
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

9. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

At an institution of higher learning? That seems counter productive...
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Glen Beck is insane.

Don't know about Liberty. They seem like nice enough folks there.

But Glen Beck is insane. I keep my kids away from freaks like him who claim to have a dialogue with some god.
  11. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

I knew a kid who went to Liberty. I wouldn't have known it was a fundamentalist university judging by this guy. He seemed pretty reasonable, unconcerned about Christianity, and he knew how to throw down some whiskey! :eek:

Oh well, if someone wants to go get educated at a religious school, that's their choice. As long as they are competent to do their jobs, who cares? I don't. :confused2:
  12. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Falwell himself was involved in this radical New Apostle Reformation group - they have these wild beliefs that God lost dominion of the earth at man's fall at the Garden of Eden, and "modern day apostles" have been "anointed" over the last 30 years to clean up the earth, build the church worldwide, defeat Satan et al, to usher in Jesus' 1000 year mil reign.

I mean this is a LARGE network - there are ALOT of names, some of whom that are VERY well respected among Christian circles...Billy Graham, Franklin Graham, Anne Graham Lotz, Beth Moore, Charles Stanley, Kay Arthur, Rick Warren, Cindy Jacobs, Tim LaHaye, Jerry Jenkins, Sarah Palin, Pat Robertson, as well as other politicians like Sam Brownback(Sen R-KS) and the list goes on.

It was founded by Bill Bright and another person in 1975, but it wasn't until the late 80's until C. Peter Wagner got it off the ground.

This network is so subtlely deceptive - they've infiltrated churches and pretended like they are pro-life, anti-gay marriage, and pro-Israel, but they rammed alot of New Age/Luciferian teachings very subtlely. They also put "building church membership grown" a priority over preaching the gospel(THE CROSS). Even Wagner admitted that this program will appear "Totalitarian at first".

And they also know how to play both sides of the fence - which is why now there's a "Christian Left" lead by Jim "social justice" Wallis, and Rick Warren masquerades as someone who's "impartial" to both Republicans and Democrats(he invited Sam Brownback and Obama simultaneously to his Saddleback church on numerous occassions), not to mention too he and Bill Hybels have said Muslims and Christians worship the same god.

Guess what - I don't know if they've really gone off the deep end, or are just very deceived, but now they're in bed with the Theosophists and are anticipating the "cosmic christ"(aka 'lord maitreya') to be this "saviour" that ushers in the 1000 year mil.

Overall, this movement is VERY unbiblical that Falwell was a part of.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

We don't have to worry about these people Mohammad will eventually take care of them.