PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Glazer/Schefter: Cromartie traded to Jets for 2011 3rd (2nd if conditions met)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, you go to the Jets board and they think this is not big of a trade as many people here.

That's why threads like this are great. It's like a Venus Fly Trap that directs certain posters directly to my ignore list.

Re: Glazer: Jets on verge of getting Cromartie for high pick in 2011

I'm glad this isn't March 2008 or I'd be worried.

Re: Jets on verge of getting Cromartie for high pick in 2011

Newsflash......We don't have a 3rd Rd pick in 2010, right now. Case closed

Newsflash....I think they might be willing to take one of our seconds, but that's just me......:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Re: Glazer: Jets on verge of getting Cromartie for high pick in 2011

....and most people are overreacting as expected the Jet landed CB that had one sweet year.

Need to worry about what we do,not what they do.

1) I thought they couldn't trade for someone they they'd be unable to bring in as a FA?
That only applies to UFAs. It's intended to prevent a final eight team from engineering a deal where a UFA signs with someone else and then is immediately traded to them.

The NYJ front office is to be commended because it's relatively low risk and high upside. But the most likely outcome is Cromartie is a younger but not significantly better replacement for what they had.

Newsflash....I think they might be willing to take one of our seconds, but that's just me......:rolleyes:

Newflash : That's why you're here and BB is running the Pats.

Last edited:

That only applies to UFAs. It's intended to prevent a final eight team from engineering a deal where a UFA signs with someone else and then is immediately traded to them.

The NYJ front office is to be commended because it's relatively low risk and high upside. But the most likely outcome is Cromartie is a younger but not significantly better replacement for what they had.

Call me crazy but I see Cro as a significantly better replacement for Dwight Lowery/Lito Sheppard.

Antonio Cromartie is pretty awful guys. I know you remember his good 2007 season and how he showed up in those playoffs but he has been horrific since.

Call me crazy but I see Cro as a significantly better replacement for Dwight Lowery/Lito Sheppard.

You're crazy.

Well, you're crazy, there said it.:)

Well, we now know why Cromartie totally dogged it on running plays vs. the Jets in the playoffs. He was already a Jet at heart and couldn't bear actually trying in a playoff game against his new team. And people thought he lacked heart.

Cromartie is a significant upgrade over Lito. This is not good, especially with Cromartie excelling in man to man press coverage. ****.

Thta is exactly the feeling I have. You have to give credit to the Jets FO. They are always extremely agressive in going out and getting the players they want. I sure wish the PATS FO took this approach. Look at how their strategy has paid off

Alan Faneca, Calvin Pace,Thomas Jones Kris Jenkins, Braylon Edwards, Marc Sanchez and now Cromartie

One hell of a track Record...The PATS FO seems like they are always asleep at the wheel. Just sitting around and waiting to see what scraps are left over

Yeah, look how great they are!!! ZERO Lombardi's in over 40 years. You're really a ny jets fan. One look at your post history shows it. At least admit it instead of doing a bad job of pretending to be a pats fan. Then again with your last lombardi being won when Jimi Hendrix was still alive... I guess you need to pass the time somehow.

Last edited:

That's why it's a high-upside move... he COULD be significantly better, if he returns to his rookie form. But how often does that happen in this league? We'll see.

Newflash : That's why you're here and BB is running the Pats.

Wow Don, you REALLY got me there! Zing.

I won't continue hijacking the thread after this post, but seriously, you wouldn't consider trying to maneuver a trade for Boldin, especially given our WR situation? I guess that's why you're not running the Pats either.

Chargers fans hated Antonio Cromartie like we hated Duane Starks and Deltha O'Neal, that should really tell you something.

Cromartie is a significant upgrade over Lito. This is not good, especially with Cromartie excelling in man to man press coverage. ****.

Is mediocre to slightly less mediocre a significant upgrade? I guess.

It's interesting that you have a higher estimation of Cromartie's abilities than most Jets fans.

Antonio Cromartie is pretty awful guys. I know you remember his good 2007 season and how he showed up in those playoffs but he has been horrific since.

This is how Cromartie ended the Chargers season this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes