PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Glad Asante Samuel holds no grudges...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Glad Assante Samual holds no grudges...

easy guys

that catch was off his fingertips. It isn't like he had a for sure thing that anybody would get off their couch and come down with

on another not I don't care for people who seek out the biggest contract. It's a game, and as an average joe I must say I'd be a teams tackling dummy for a million a year. I think players should worry more about winning and just be thankful they make the money they do. Obviously if it wasn't for football most of them would be wiping down your cars as you leave a car wash or carrying heavy boxes

Off his fingertips.

But he didn't jump.

Worse, he blew the coverage on the Tyree catch.

Just an aside but I GUARUNTEE you that Asante banged that hottie that he's sitting next to in that pic.

f78b708ef6_samuel.jpg

Just an aside but I GUARUNTEE you that Asante banged that hottie that he's sitting next to in that pic.

f78b708ef6_samuel.jpg

So he's not so stupid after all........

No, he was never part of the problem per se, just not part of the solution, either. Ted Johnson was asked about the loss of veteran leadership last week and when Asante's name was mentioned he said no, he was never a leader. Asante was always in it for himself, his mission from the day he was drafted was to prove to the world they undervalued him.

Had the Giants not played worse than Philly the other night they would have been hanging Asante and several of his teamates in effigy. He got smoked more than once attempting to jump routes and guessing wrong. So far they are only paying him at the rate of $1.75M per INT...

But, again, Samuel's level of play does not disqualify him from discussing the Patriots locker room. For that matter, whether or not others considered him a leader in that locker room doesn't, either. And his desire to get money doesn't, either.

“I think it’s good (Thomas) spoke up,” Samuel is quoted as saying. “More up there should. It certainly got to be a place where I didn’t want to be. I am happy to be gone. I am happy here. They know how to make you feel wanted and appreciated here, but it’s not the way I found it over there.”

That's his quote. His level of play, level of leadership, hunger for money.... none of those things disqualify his comments.

Off his fingertips.

But he didn't jump.

Worse, he blew the coverage on the Tyree catch.

Some people will say anything to make themselves feel better. He didn't jump? You sure about that?

But, again, Samuel's level of play does not disqualify him from discussing the Patriots locker room. For that matter, whether or not others considered him a leader in that locker room doesn't, either. And his desire to get money doesn't, either.

That's his quote. His level of play, level of leadership, hunger for money.... none of those things disqualify his comments.

Nobody is disqualified from saying anything.The whole world can .Its a free world. But at the same time he played here many yrs, won SBs and not alone but with a team and coaches and got his big contract .
Compare him with randall gay and heath evans. By no means big players but when they left they had a lot of gratitude for the team which gave them a chance. iam not saying he needs to be thankful but his statements make it sound that it was one of the worst places to play. Its just disappointing thats all.
Also the herald hasnt gotten over its embarassament of the spygate crap so is now trying to stir up more and more by contacting expats who were disgruntled. Ask them to talk to randall and heath evans and larry izzo and joe andruzzi and willie mcginest and rodney harrison.Iam sure they all feel it was not a place you wouldnt want to play.:rolleyes:

So he's not so stupid after all........
Depends...does she have anything in common with Lady Gaga?

Depends...does she have anything in common with Lady Gaga?

Or Magic Johnson? :eek:

Yeah... I went there.

Last edited:

I can't understand how you can say that when clearly his hunger for money is what makes him say he wasn't appreciated.

Some people will say anything to make themselves feel better. He didn't jump? You sure about that?

He jumped, but too early. His feet were on the ground when his hand tipped the ball. He blew it.

What say you about blowing the Tyree coverage?

And what the hell does your sentence mean anyway? Say anything to feel better? What? That makes no sense.

Samuel made a lot of clutch plays for us through the years. If he couldn't make that play during the Super Bowl, what corner could?

I can't understand how you can say that when clearly his hunger for money is what makes him say he wasn't appreciated.

I don't buy into the notion that money is the only reason he's saying it, so that's at least part of why we differ.

Last edited:

Nobody is disqualified from saying anything.The whole world can .Its a free world. But at the same time he played here many yrs, won SBs and not alone but with a team and coaches and got his big contract .
Compare him with randall gay and heath evans. By no means big players but when they left they had a lot of gratitude for the team which gave them a chance. iam not saying he needs to be thankful but his statements make it sound that it was one of the worst places to play. Its just disappointing thats all.
Also the herald hasnt gotten over its embarassament of the spygate crap so is now trying to stir up more and more by contacting expats who were disgruntled. Ask them to talk to randall and heath evans and larry izzo and joe andruzzi and willie mcginest and rodney harrison.Iam sure they all feel it was not a place you wouldnt want to play.:rolleyes:

Well, Rodney Harrison was forced to take a pay cut. Ted Johnson had harsh words about the organization, and he's not the only player besides Samuel that's done so.

Heath Evans reportedly got much more money to play elsewhere as did Gay. They clearly felt that they'd rather play elsewhere with that extra coin.

As fans, we tend to either defend the team against any charges, no matter how obviously true, or to attack the team for any reason, no matter how petty. The reality is pretty much always going to be in the middle. Playing For the Patriots, and Bill Belichick, clearly has its downsides, whether we see them all or not: that's just the nature of humanity and perspective. It's alright for people to acknowledge that, just as it's alright to admit that Belichick isn't perfect.

He jumped, but too early. His feet were on the ground when his hand tipped the ball. He blew it.

What say you about blowing the Tyree coverage?

And what the hell does your sentence mean anyway? Say anything to feel better? What? That makes no sense.

OK. He jumped or he jumped too early? Which one is it?

Like I said, anything to make themselves feel better.

He had history in his hands ... and he dropped it. :mad:

a lot of players had history in their hands that day and dropped it...starting with the O line and the coaches...but let's not rehash this...there are about a hundred threads on this board that tore every play of that game, including Asante's miss, into a million pieces.

that game aside, not locking up Asante was one of the few mistakes that Piolichick made, IMO.

Last edited:

a lot of players had history in their hands that day and dropped it...starting with the O line and the coaches...but let's not rehash this...there are about a hundred threads on this board that tore every play of that game, including Asante's miss, into a million pieces.

not locking up Asante was one of the few mistakes that Piolichick made, IMO.

Seeing the way our secondary has made QBs like Chad Henne and Kyle Orton look like All-Pros, I don't know how anyone can disagree. But they will.

that game aside, not locking up Asante was one of the few mistakes that Piolichick made, IMO.

I don't think so, the interceptions do not make up for the failed gambles IMO. At least not for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back