Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gives us money or we will kill these animals...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by efin98, Jul 16, 2009.

1. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Mass. zoo says cuts may mean closure - Boston.com

Zoo New England, the state owned corporation that are the operators of the Franklin Park and Stone Zoos, here are threatening that they will have to close down the zoos and euthanize several animals unless the legislature gives them back the money that the governor cut from the budget...The scare tactics are impacting some legislators but also angering others who are championing cuts made to disabled, elderly, and social services.

Could care less, places are small and overpriced but it's a hot issue up here in Massachusetts this week.

And if anyone doesn't know, the thread titles is a play on the infamous January 1973 National Lampoon cover:
    [​IMG]
  2. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

No one has responded yet. So I'll get the ball rolling, let's just kill em all and move on to the next issue.......Where is PETA when you need them?
  3. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

A total shakedown by the zoo admin, and it worked. The legislature promised to restore all their funding (it was cut from 6 mil to 2.5 mil), threatening to veto Gov Patrick's cuts. Totally ridiculous claim by the zoo, and equally ridiculous response by the left wing legislature to restore funding to a department that as recently as 2004 made do with that same 2.5 million in funding. Pisses me off, but the people of MA get what they deserve for voting in 1 party rule.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

We're not completely stupid here in MA. Weld and Romney would have each stayed on as Governor for as long as they wanted IMO*; but Paul Celluchi, and Shannon O'Brien? There's little doubt in my mind that us voters were forced to finally pick a Democrat. Its too bad that the one we picked was such a clear disaster. No worries though, he's already stooped to the 'buying a cute puppy' PR tactic, his days are numbered.

On Topic: I dunno what it takes to operate a decent zoo. I do know that at one time the Franklin Park Zoo was a really bad joke and today its not. I'd rather not have a zoo at all if it has to go back to what it was.

*Weld deserved to be coronated Governor for life based exclusively on what he did to the Registry of Motor Vehicles IMO
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,026 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

Franklin park zoo sucks ... except for the gorilla's which is a good exhibit.
  6. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So good they like to come up close and personal with the people in the neighborhood :D
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,026 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

I was there like 12 years ago. The gorilla hurled then picked it up and started eating it. Everyone was ready to puke ... this is normal for gorilla's, they don't like to waste nutrition.;)
  8. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Funny...they never did anything funny when I went there though :mad:

I was joking about "Little Joe" who escaped from the zoo and went to a bus stop...then again that redesign in the aftermath of the escape could have led partially to their budget situation :eek: