Welcome to PatsFans.com

Given any thought that week #1 'we' might be in SD?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by rodrust, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodrust

rodrust Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My money is on the Sunday night opener NE @ SD. Good to get that out of the way but honestly as this ( and I know it's early) offseason is shaping up I am nervous 'we' might start out 0-1.
  2. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

and how exactly is the 'offseason' shaping up so far ?
  3. miDeuce

miDeuce Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am praying that this doesn't happen. I live in Los Angeles and really want to get to this game the most of all the 4 west coast games next year. The problem is that my wife is due to deliver our first child - Brady Bruschi Belichick will be his name - on 9/3. Please NFL, put it in November...
  4. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +180 / 4 / -5

OTOH, 'we' don't have to worry about our franchise QB rehabbing his knee during the offseason. :)
  5. tuckeverlasting

tuckeverlasting Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

no, just his ankle.
  6. ctpatsfan77

Ratings:
    +180 / 4 / -5

"Will be, because we agreed on it," or "Will be, because I'm praying to God it's a boy"? :)

Someone else on this board named their kid Harrison Brady. Personally I'm waiting for someone to name their kid Vrabel or Welker or Gostkowski. :D
  7. hwc

hwc Rookie

Ratings:
    +65 / 2 / -1

Rivers will (or certainly should) start the season on PUP. Major ACL surgery after the season ain't gonna be "right" by September.
  8. PittPatriot

PittPatriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

It's been super. We ended the season on a high note and have been stockpiling top players at every position. Our nearly perfect team is not really losing anyone, right? Didn't you hear about the lifetime contract Moss just signed with us for peanuts?

Come on, SVN!
    This offseason will probably turn out ok but right now it has not been great. I agree with the original poster...playing the Chargers week 1 is a likely loss. Our LB corps will be working things out still and a healthy, hell-bent on revenge LT will probably put a 150yds on us.
    I'd be happy to start out 0-1 and finish the season 18-1.
  9. miDeuce

miDeuce Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As you can see we're still 6 months away and I'm already thinking ahead. But I don't think he/she will be given a Pats name I think that's where my wife would draw the line. But now that I think about it... you can bring a four day old baby to a Pats-Chargers game right?
  10. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

Relax,
    We havent even entered free agency or the draft.If pats have released/lost players there will be someone signed.So lets wait. What have the chargers done so far ? not much. Let the offseason/free agency/draft be over then we shall see. Too early to be saying 'the way our offseason has gone'
  11. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

on the pup? hilarious
  12. PittPatriot

PittPatriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Ok...you picked me up with that. The cuts and releases will lead to major signings down the road. Lets see how the cards get dealt in the upcoming weeks.
  13. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +96 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

I'm naming my kid Wilfork Seymour.
  14. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

i didnt mean major signings. but too early to say what our team looks like.last yr we started of signing adalius thomas and in the end built a great offense. so lets wait.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  15. hwc

hwc Rookie

Ratings:
    +65 / 2 / -1

Yes. On the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list. Most NFL players having major ACL reconstruction surgery in January begin the following season on the PUP list. See Richard Seymour, Chad Jackson, etc.

ACL reconstruction is a minimum nine months rehab, really more like 12 months. QBs often rush back with limited mobility, but are often ineffective for doing so.
  16. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

not me but some people on here want to start out 0-1 any way so your scenario would make them happy.

I think we would still beat the chargers, I go on the assumption we were better and our front office is better and should have a better offseason.
  17. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

i would not mind that...I think the team is due for another visiting start...would NOT mind SD..I think that many would see that as a good start..Pitts?? THAT could be another one..
  18. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

On my prediction of the 2008 schedule, Im sticking by my prediction sunday night football Pats vs Chargers opening nite, guess we will find out at end of march when the opening weekend games are announced.
  19. Patriot_dynasty

Patriot_dynasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

18-1 in 2007...0-1 to start the 08 season? Possible, but c'mon folks. Is the sky is falling!!! :bricks:

I'm fairly confident the fornt office will reload and the team will come out with a big chip on their shoulder. Remember what the "experts" said at the beginning of the 07 season...let me remind you all, the Pats were predicted to go 2-2 to start the season. Colvin was released, OH WELL. We need a LB that can play a whole season...and he was unable to do that 2 out of the 4 years in New England. Sorry for not dwelling on it.
  20. ctpatsfan77

Ratings:
    +180 / 4 / -5

Home: Bills, JEST, 'lphins, Donkeys, Chiefs, Cardinals, Lambs, Squealers
    Away: Bills, JEST, 'lphins, Joakland, Classyville West (SD), Niners, Seahags, Classyville South (IND)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.