Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Per WEEI right now....later Dave.

Tough loss for Houston. Belichick had other plans. I'm okay with it, in BB I trust.

Last edited:
Phudge. If so, that sucks.

I usually try to stay cool about this stuff but WHAT THE HELL? It just seems that we're letting these guys walk away without even lifting a finger to stop them. One thing is for sure, Belichick and Pioli have a master plan, I just hope it's a good one.

F.B.N. said:
Per WEEI right now....later Dave.

Tough loss for Houston. Belichick had other plans. I'm okay with it, in BB I trust.
Belichick had other plans, meaning?

This is kinda depressing. We're losing a lot of players who are fan favorites. Doesn't that count for anything with the Pats?

F.B.N. said:
I put my bottle of Koolaid down somewhere and don't remember where. I'd better find it fast! I REALLY want to trust him!

Patters said:
This is kinda depressing. We're losing a lot of players who are fan favorites. Doesn't that count for anything with the Pats?
His offer is supposedly about $5M a year. Then to re-sign Branch it'll cost more than that and we'll have $11-$12M locked up in WR. It's the price we pay for developing good players. We can't overpay players just because they're "fan favorites".

Patters said:

Not really, the Pats know that other teams are willing to overpay for their players (b/c they have SB rings), so rather than get into a bidding war, we'll just let them walk.

CTPatsFan said:
I put my bottle of Koolaid down somewhere and don't remember where. I'd better find it fast! I REALLY want to trust him!

Yeah what he said! Ditto!

BelichickFan said:
We can't overpay players just because they're "fan favorites".

The players are part of rooting for the team. If the Jets and Pats traded all their players to each other, who would you root for? I don't think it's an easy question!

BelichickFan said:
His offer is supposedly about $5M a year. Then to re-sign Branch it'll cost more than that and we'll have $11-$12M locked up in WR. It's the price we pay for developing good players. We can't overpay players just because they're "fan favorites".

Yes...or as they say on the "Sopranos"..."Someone has to go". We have a boatload of WR's on our roster...could one of them be better than we think?

Patters said:
The players are part of rooting for the team.
Get used to it or stop being a football fan. It is what it is. Sure, I wish the CBA had a provision that if a player signs with his existing team his contract would only count 50-75% of it's value against the cap but that's not the case. We can't keep everyone, such is life unfortunately.

Save for a few very special players, the organization's success has been directly related to evaluating->acquiring->developing talent that nobody else sees. Once it is developed, the cat is out of the bag and the rest of the league pounces.

That's the organization model and the curse of success. We just have to live with it.

Did anyone think he was ever goign to re-sign??? Come on..did anyone really believe he would?? I don't think any Patriot fan can honestly think he would stay..and as it turned out the Pats offered him 18 mil...NOT enough. see ya David,,good luck!!

Patters said:
The players are part of rooting for the team. If the Jets and Pats traded all their players to each other, who would you root for? I don't think it's an easy question!
Yeah, it is. I would root for the New England Patriots, just as I have every day for nearly all of my life. Its a very simple question.

Last edited:
David Givens

The upsetting thing about this situation is the Pats have known

for a couple of days they could not afford him and have pursued

no other alternatives.

Jimke said:
and have pursued no other alternatives.
And you know this how ? The only thing we know is that no WR (or other position) has been willing to take what the Patriots have offered.

F.B.N. said:
Yes...or as they say on the "Sopranos"..."Someone has to go". We have a boatload of WR's on our roster...could one of them be better than we think?

Where is the boatload of WR on the roster?
one legit wr in Branch

According to Reiss, the Titans have an 11 am press conf. scheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back