Welcome to PatsFans.com

Give the crowd credit tonight

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PaulNEPats, Nov 26, 2006.

1. PaulNEPats

PaulNEPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They were as loud as I've heard in the last couple of years. Now, can we get rid of the "Stadium isn't designed for crowd noise" excuse? Anyways, for all the threads complaining about crowd noise every week on the board, I think it's time the crowd got it's due. It was a definitive homefield advantage out there tonight.
  2. denverpatsfan

denverpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did you go to the game? It is very difficult to gauge the crowd noise in Foxboro on the TV. That being said, my Dad who was at the game and in the nose bleed said it was LOUD tonite. His section was out of control.

It always seems to me that the broadcasters have the crowd volume turned down at Gillette. I agree that the stadium is not built to be loud, but have never sat in the lower level...
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Maybe the new turf helped bounce the soundwaves back up better :D
  4. IndyKen

IndyKen Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I noticed the heightned noise level right away on TV - and I agree , it seemed to stay that way throughout the night. I have 5 speaker surround sound, so the effect of "being there" felt great....:)
  5. kurtinelson

kurtinelson Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 5 / -2

#37 Jersey

On the 5th Quarter last night, Ellis Hobbs told Steve Burton and Zolak that it was so loud that the defense had to use hand signals. It was the first time they had done that at home since he has been a patriot.
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +199 / 7 / -24

Isn't the sound you hear in your Living Room, more a function of what Fox wants you to hear, rather than a function of what is actually happening?? With all the technology, it is difficult to discern what is real and what is amped.
  7. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +69 / 2 / -0

No Jersey Selected

It was loud in 125, I can tell you that. The only time anyone sat down was during a few TV timeouts.

One thing I did notice was ALOT of Bears fans were at the game. Not even close to a majority, of course, but it seemed like more opposing fans than any recent game I can remember.
  8. Kingasaurus

Kingasaurus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

>>One thing I did notice was ALOT of Bears fans were at the game. Not even close to a majority, of course, but it seemed like more opposing fans than any recent game I can remember.<<

I agree. You could even hear a "Mooose.." chant when Muhammad made a catch.

My guess on that is because a particular NFC team only plays here once every 8 years. Add that to the fact that the Bears were 9-1, and I guarantee every transplanted Chicagoan who lives in the Boston area would do whatever it took for tickets.
  9. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

it seems that in the very last period the crowd is better - i agree

make noise !!!
  10. oldskool138

oldskool138 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Well, finally the crowd saw a hard-nosed and entertaining (albeit sloppy) game. Remember, all the Pats losses have come at home and in those games the Pats played uninspired football. Last night's game was a spirited affair. Both teams were hungry and intense. I think that fired up the crowd.

I'm sure the Razor will be much quieter this week vs. the (Dandy) Lions.
  11. JDSal45

JDSal45 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Dude, it was better yesterday. But I have been to probably about half the stadiums in the NFL and few college ones too and yesterday, Gillette on one of its better days, is still quieter than any other NFL stadium. Quieter than the old Foxboro too.

Its just the way it is. If yesterday is "crazy".....you haven't been to many other stadiums.

J D Sal
  12. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -3

I agree...it was great to see us into it. It finally felt like homefield advantage. I just hope it continues...even against these poor teams like the Lions, not necesarily JUST the big games. Seeing Brady go wild after he juked Urlacher and the crowd exploding was aweeeeeeeeeeeeesome. :D