PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Give Michael Smith some credit now eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are more linemen slated to go in the middle rounds, however, that does not translate to value.

Joseph Addai, Maurice Drew, Brian Calhoun, Leon Washington, Jerome Harrison, Jerious Norwood, Andre Hall and Taurean Henderson to name a few of the backs not going in the 1st. I'd say that looks like a pretty deep RB class.

DaBruinz said:
Are you Michael Smith or something? Every schmoe gets lucky once in awhile. And Smith got lucky.
Lucky! Ha. Smith went into huge huge detail, putting himself in the Saints shoes and that they should choose Williams. He had great points in his article. And he didnt get lucky, he actually made an article, yes a real GOOD article on this while other draft analysts merely said the Texans would never pass on this once in a century player. Smith says some critical things about the Pats sometimes and I remember hating him so much when he said after the Jacksonville game(referring to the sloppy plays and fumbles) that that type of play would not beat the Broncos or Colts. And he was 100% right, as painfull enough as it was to hear it. The next week the Pats commit five turnovers, coughing up the ball three times. He knows what hes talking about.

MrTibbs said:
True true but he showed the insight into what the Texans might be thinking and had to be dead on.

OR, Reggie Bush priced himself out of the Texans market. Bush had previously said he didn't care where he was taken, 1 or 2, that he'd probably get the best deal of any draft pick.

Kdo5 said:
Lucky! Ha. Smith went into huge huge detail, putting himself in the Saints shoes and that they should choose Williams. He had great points in his article. And he didnt get lucky, he actually made an article, yes a real GOOD article on this while other draft analysts merely said the Texans would never pass on this once in a century player. Smith says some critical things about the Pats sometimes and I remember hating him so much when he said after the Jacksonville game(referring to the sloppy plays and fumbles) that that type of play would not beat the Broncos or Colts. And he was 100% right, as painfull enough as it was to hear it. The next week the Pats commit five turnovers, coughing up the ball three times. He knows what hes talking about.

Earlier in the week I heard an interview with Casserly on the radio and he said they would either take Bush or Williams.

They took Williams.

Kdo5 said:

So, let me get this right. You think that Michael Smith is some kind of savant for stating the obvious? Give me a break.

1) MANY people said the Patriots wouldn't win if they played a sloppy game against Denver. Michael Smith wasn't a genius or anything for stating that.

2) I hate to break this to you, but people were going back and forth all off-season as to who would be drafted 1st. Some said Leinhart. Some said Young. Others said Bush. Others thought the Texans would trade down. ALL of them provided very valid reasons as to why those things would happen.

So, you feel that Smith "knows what he's talking about" because he was right twice in the past few months? So, if I was to find articles from Smith stating that the Texans would draft Bush or someone else, what would you say?

DaBruinz said:
Are you Michael Smith or something? Every schmoe gets lucky once in awhile. And Smith got lucky.

Sounds like Mr. Tibbs has is answer :eek:

Last edited:
If a talking head is getting all this press here the day before the draft, what is this forum going to be like in the dead time between mini-camp and training camp.

"I love Michael Smith."

"I love him more."

"Do not."

"Do so."

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Gee I did not know Pats fans .com was the Mike smith fan club... Sorry to offend, he was right, lets see how things played out if this house thing did not affect things....

DaBruinz said:
Give credit where credit is DUE? There is no credit due to Michael Smith. He got lucky. Period. End of Story. Don't like it? Tough. Its my opinion.

Michael Smith is a putz reporter who used the Patriots to go National and has shown that he's not really that good. I'll take Mike Reiss as a reporter over Smith any day of the week.

Michael Smith is one of the best football columnists out there. Aside from his comprehensively researched and supported article, I've seen him many times on the air and the guy seems genuinely bright and far more down-to-Earth than most of his clownish media brethren.

DaBruinz said:
OR, Reggie Bush priced himself out of the Texans market. Bush had previously said he didn't care where he was taken, 1 or 2, that he'd probably get the best deal of any draft pick.

This is too funny. You should be a politician. Can't you just accept the truth? Watching you tap dance this one is extremely entertaining. The fact is on this subject Smith was right on the money.

Keep it up, though. It's very entertaining.

patsox23 said:
Michael Smith is one of the best football columnists out there. Aside from his comprehensively researched and supported article, I've seen him many times on the air and the guy seems genuinely bright and far more down-to-Earth than most of his clownish media brethren.

Someday, there will be a Holley & Smith show on WEEI or even ESPN and it will be awesome. These two are knowlegable, likeable guys that project all around good guy image.

They really know their sports as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back