Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Last edited:
MrTibbs said:
Michael Smith called it on WEEI the other day and said the Texans would take Mario Williams and gave the reasons why. Who was it around here that asked how the guy still has a job?

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2543

Are you Michael Smith or something? Every schmoe gets lucky once in awhile. And Smith got lucky.

DaBruinz said:
Are you Michael Smith or something? Every schmoe gets lucky once in awhile. And Smith got lucky.

Wrong.....

DaBruinz said:

Are you his arch-nemesis or something? Give credit where credit is due. Smith was the only talking head to campaign for Williams and call the pick correctly.

I bet ESPN is already working on Top 5 reasons you can't blame the Texans for taking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. This is really stupid and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Jets move up and grab Reggie Bush.

Seymour93 said:
Are you his arch-nemesis or something? Give credit where credit is due. Smith was the only talking head to campaign for Williams and call the pick correctly.

Give credit where credit is DUE? There is no credit due to Michael Smith. He got lucky. Period. End of Story. Don't like it? Tough. Its my opinion.

Michael Smith is a putz reporter who used the Patriots to go National and has shown that he's not really that good. I'll take Mike Reiss as a reporter over Smith any day of the week.

Mr. Tibbs, that would be Sean PA Patriot in this thread: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=34874

DaBruinz,

Did you even hear what Smith had to say? He didn't make a prediction, he just said that it wasn't as far-fetched as people thought that Williams could go #1. He pointed out the possible contract issues and the fact that there are better RBs slated to go in the middle rounds than DL'men. In other words, there is more ancillary value in taking Williams.

bball831 said:
I bet ESPN is already working on Top 5 reasons you can't blame the Texans for taking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. This is really stupid and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Jets move up and grab Reggie Bush.

First off, its not stupid.
Secondly, why would the Jets have to move up to grab Reggie Bush? New Orleans will probably take D'Brichashaw now or trade down. And the Titans will have their choice of Leinhart, Young or Cutler. They could ALSO trade down. Personally, I think they are hoping that the Jets DO trade up with the Saints so that they can take D'brickashaw themselves.

Ahriman said:
Mr. Tibbs, that would be Sean PA Patriot in this thread: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=34874

DaBruinz,

Did you even hear what Smith had to say? He didn't make a prediction, he just said that it wasn't as far-fetched as people thought that Williams could go #1. He pointed out the possible contract issues and the fact that there are better RBs slated to go in the middle rounds than DL'men. In other words, there is more ancillary value in taking Williams.

Ahriman -
So, Michael Smith was parroting what many people on this website have said about the Pats taking a 1st round RB. BTW, I didn't say that Smith made a prediction. But that's beside the point.

Now, I have to disagree with Smith that there are better RBs than Bush slated to go in the middle rounds. Bush is the best RB in this draft. Bar none. But that isn't saying much for this draft. I think that this draft has a very weak RB class in comparisons to other years. Too many of the later picks have such glaring holes. Whether its in their game or in their character.

DaBruinz said:
Secondly, why would the Jets have to move up to grab Reggie Bush? New Orleans will probably take D'Brichashaw now or trade down. And the Titans will have their choice of Leinhart, Young or Cutler. They could ALSO trade down. Personally, I think they are hoping that the Jets DO trade up with the Saints so that they can take D'brickashaw themselves.

That's what John Clayton said on ESPN, he said that the Saints want the Jets to move up and take Bush.

DaBruinz said:

The Jets will move up because the Saints will make it known they are going after Bush....whether they are or not. Bluffing game is big now, and maybe the Jets can't afford to fold.

DaBruinz said:
Ahriman -

Now, I have to disagree with Smith that there are better RBs than Bush slated to go in the middle rounds. Bush is the best RB in this draft. Bar none. But that isn't saying much for this draft. I think that this draft has a very weak RB class in comparisons to other years. Too many of the later picks have such glaring holes. Whether its in their game or in their character.

Smith didnt say there were better RB's then Bush in the later rounds. He said it was easier to get a decent RB than a decent DL in the later rounds.

DaBruinz said:

I agree it's not a stupid move, but I wouldn't be suprised if either the Saints or Titans took Bush. The Titans are in need of a quarterback and the Saints have McAllister but the fact that Bush is also better than most WR might make him to tempting to pass up for those teams. I'm not saying it's is going to happen, but it is definitely a possibility.

DaBruinz said:

I'll just assume reading in context is not in your register. Let's try this again:

He did not say there are better running backs in the middle rounds than Reggie Bush.

He said that there is better value in the middle rounds for running backs than there is for defensive lineman. Especially in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

All clear?

Last edited:
zippo59 said:
I agree it's not a stupid move, but I wouldn't be suprised if either the Saints or Titans took Bush. The Titans are in need of a quarterback and the Saints have McAllister but the fact that Bush is also better than most WR might make him to tempting to pass up for those teams. I'm not saying it's is going to happen, but it is definitely a possibility.

See, I don't agree that the Titans are in need of a QB. Billy Volek is a very good QB and is very under-rated. He's performed more than adequately the times that McNair has been injured.

The Titans problems are their poor cap management. They aren't able to put together the depth that is needed on teams. They have some very good 1st stringers, but it goes downhill rapidly after that. I remember that either in 2004 or 2005, they invited 35-40 UDFA to camp and many felt they would be carrying 20+ UDFA. That's not a good thing.

Ahriman said:
I'll just assume reading in context is not in your register. Let's try this again:

He did not say there are better running backs in the middle rounds than Reggie Bush.

He said that there is better value in the middle rounds for running backs than there is for defensive lineman. Especially in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

All clear?

Ok. Thank you for clarifying that since that isn't what you said previously.

Now, as for there being better value in the middle rounds for RBs, its still bogus. There are much better DEs in the middle rounds than there are RBs.

sigh there's no real reason to continue this is there? Lets just hope the saints dont pass up Bush and dont trade the pick to the jets.

Ahriman said:

DaBruinz,

True true but he showed the insight into what the Texans might be thinking and had to be dead on.

The Jets would be fools to trade up. That would mean both round 1 picks and a round 4 I believe?

With that they could fill a hole at OT and RB with the two picks. That 4th rounder should be able to land them a talented player as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back