PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Give me a break: Jets/Fins to move to 4:15?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the solution:

Move the Balt/Jax game to 4pm! ;)

It's not a matter of Mangini throwing the game. That'd never happen, and its the players on the field who make the plays.

However, the Jets are obviously going to play harder if they know they have something to play for.

This is a bit of a BS move. It would be one thing if it was scheduled that way.

You think the Patriots will be distracted by scoreboard watching in Buffalo? Really?

No - you're right. The Patriots players are so focused that they likely don't even know that they need the Jets to win, and won't even give a second thought or glance at the scoreboard. :rolleyes:

How can you be so sure the Jets won't lay down? At the VERY least, they will be uninspired knowing that their season is over. Mangini's job won't be affected at that point, because win or lose they won't be in the playoffs and he would have already failed. That is the LEAST that can happen, and it leads to the possibility they could lay down a la Colts last year.

Moving the game to 4:05 means the NFL is ignoring the embarrassment from last year and screwing us over in the meantime. It's not only Pats' fans right to be upset, but fans of the game in general.

I can't speak for the Jets players but Mangini's going to be fighting for his job, and he at least stands a slightly better chance of retaining it at 10-6 than he does at 9-7 (though I would agree that's only a slightly better chance).

As far as the Jets players, its anyone's guess what their psychology is. The inmates have been running the asylum for a long time and they might actually LIKE having a coach like Mangini that they can push around, and get their way forcing trades and contract extensions the way they have for several years.

If they actually want to win, then they may lay down and lose to force Mangini out, but if they're in it for themselves and their paychecks, they'd do well to keep a weak coach like Mangini.

No - you're right. The Patriots players are so focused that they likely don't even know that they need the Jets to win, and won't even give a second thought or glance at the scoreboard. :rolleyes:

This is perhaps the most absurd thing I've ever read on the Patriots forum.

The Patriots players will be more emotionally distracted by playing at the SAME TIME as the Jets than the Jets will be knowing they are completely SHUT OUT of the playoffs.

I don'[t know what to say. This takes the cake. Bizarre.

Ok, firstly, I am not a player. Secondly, I'm hardly the only one who is thinking this. It is a fact that these two teams obsessively hate each other. A fact.

I am being very realistic here. Take out all "throwing the game" stuff and the players just might not have that extra bit of focus, knowing they are out.

If Bal/Jax is also moved to 4, then I feel better about it. As long as their season is not over at kickoff.

The Seattle Seahawks have been "out of it" for weeks, however, they played with plenty of focus and intensity yesterday against the Jets (and the Pats when they visited, for that matter).

The Chiefs have been "out of it" as well, yet they almost took down the Dolphins yesterday.

I was responding to your comment that if the Jets/Phins game gets moved to 4pm, then suddenly "oh well, it was a good season. We're not going to make the playoffs". You gave up, and if others share the same opinion as that, then they've all given up as well.

Until the Patriots are officially eliminated from the playoffs, there's no reason to NOT remain positive as fans. Perhaps I have a different perspective on it all.

It's the NFL, teams play for pride because they are competitors. I really can't see the Jets purposely throwing a game to spite the Patriots when that loss means allowing another division rival to beat them in their last game of the season, at home and with the QB that they sent packing to bring in Brett Favre.

I know teams hate the Pats, but that all just sounds too extreme.

Yeah, but at the same time this is the dude who broke a code in the NFL and ratted out BB.

Yeah, but at the same time this is the dude who broke a code in the NFL and ratted out BB.

Exactly. I just wouldn't put anything past mangina, even throwing a game to make sure the pats don't make the playoffs. hey, all he has to do is coach like he did yesterday, and it will look like he is throwing the game.

I think he's on the way out the door no matter what happens. This is his last chance to stick it to Bill...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back