PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Give me a break: Jets/Fins to move to 4:15?

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, historically, one of the Bay Area teams is moved to 1:00 when they go as far east as KC or St. Louis if the other team has a west coast game.

Like yesterday (SF/STL).

They should move the Giants and Pats to 4:05, just the Giants to 4:05, or they should move the Jets and Pats to 4:05. But I don't think you can play the Pats first. You can play them 2nd.

Like yesterday (SF/STL).

They should move the Giants and Pats to 4:05, just the Giants to 4:05, or they should move the Jets and Pats to 4:05. But I don't think you can play the Pats first. You can play them 2nd.

They have to move an AFC game for the CBS doubleheader. The reason everyone thinks it is likely to be Jets/Dolphins because that game is definitely going to mean something and you can't say that about the other games.

I understand why us Pats fans would like to see the Pats at 4 but why would CBS want a potentially meaningless Pats/Bills game to show to the nation at 4?

I'm not sure I understand the anger here - is there a reason why everyone wants the Patriots to be watching the scoreboard as they play?

If I'm the coach I want my team focusing on taking care of their business first - and worrying about other teams later.

Moving the Jets game ensures that happens.

If anything, having a warm weather team face a cold weather team later in the day gives the cold weather team an advantage... and I thought we actually want the cold weather team to win?

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand the anger here - is there a reason why everyone wants the Patriots to be watching the scoreboard as they play?

If I'm the coach I want my team focusing on taking care of their business first - and worrying about other teams later.

If anything, having a warm weather team face a cold weather team later in the day gives the cold weather team an advantage... and I thought we actually want the cold weather team to win?

That's what i'm saying Pennington has it in for Mangini and youn can bet like wise. With so much bad blood something has to give.

I'm with you... I don't care. All the Patriots can do is take care of their own business. If they win and the Jests - Phins play later in the day.... I don't expect much to be different. Tubby Ratfink is coaching for his very life, and we're looking at, most likely, The Hero's last NFL game. What happens, happens.

Go Jests (urrrgggg)

well maybe because of tv network stuff i guess , i dont know. but i have seen 49ers and raiders play at the same time sometimes
anyway , as bb says "They will let us know when to play and where to play and we will be there" :)

Actually the Raiders and 49ers have the same kind of deal. They never play at the same time.

What if the Jets owner would rather see the Patriots out of the playoffs? There is enough bad blood to believe it.

Besides the issue of "throwing the game" if the players know there is no chance, well, they just might not play well.

If this is moved to 4, well, it was a nice season. We aren't going to the playoffs.

Last edited:
so has the jets game been moved to 4 or not?

What if the Jets owner would rather see the Patriots out of the playoffs? There is enough bad blood to believe it.

Besides the issue of "throwing the game" if the players know there is no chance, well, they just might not play well.

If this is moved to 4, well, it was a nice season. We aren't going to the playoffs.

Wow, and I thought we had enough negativity thrown at us by opposing fans.

Thankfully the players won't share in your "enthusiasm" should the Jets/Phins game get moved to 4:00pm and they'll still go and play with 110% effort.

It's really sad when the Pats own "fans" keep declaring the season over week after week.

Actually, this is good for me. Now I'll get to see that game, whereas before, it was scheduled at the same time as the Titans.

How would it be good for you to watch the Jets throw the game knowing they are out of the playoffs?

The Jets have never won at 4:15, whether they move just the Jets game or our game as well. :( Some Jets fans do not actually want the game moved for that reason, so that's an interesting predicament. Additionally, the Jets lost 3 of their last four games, but it should have been all four. And today, they put up 3 points in almost similar conditions that Miami put up 38.

My point is that Mangini could be the best buddy of Belichick and the Jets could absolutely want to slaughter Miami and let us in, but I'm just not sure the Jets have a very big chance of winning even if they wanted to. Although, Seattle did play very, very well, and if they hadn't fumbled, would have had a couple additional touchdowns. So maybe we do have some hope. But I think we should do what Belichick has said--hope for an 11-5 team (meaning we beat Buffalo), and if we make the playoffs, then we make the playoffs.

You're forgetting the KC factor. Miami played KC and barely won. Seattle beats KC by 2 TDs at this point.

You can see why they did this it's because we still need help when it's all said and done. If Miami had lost yesterday Buffalo/Pats would have been moved to 4:00. By right Miami controls their own destiny unlike us. Also knowing the bad blood between the Teams as Division Rivals i don't expect anybody to lie down. The bottom line, if the Jets win and we win we are in.

If we win at 1 pm, the Jets will lay down at 4 pm. As simple as that.

If the game gets moved, I will consider it a big screw-job by the NFL office.

That's what i'm saying Pennington has it in for Mangini and youn can bet like wise. With so much bad blood something has to give.

Pennington wanting to badly hurt Mangini does NOT work to our advantage.

How can you be so sure the Jets won't lay down? At the VERY least, they will be uninspired knowing that their season is over. Mangini's job won't be affected at that point, because win or lose they won't be in the playoffs and he would have already failed. That is the LEAST that can happen, and it leads to the possibility they could lay down a la Colts last year.

Moving the game to 4:05 means the NFL is ignoring the embarrassment from last year and screwing us over in the meantime. It's not only Pats' fans right to be upset, but fans of the game in general.

You think the Patriots will be distracted by scoreboard watching in Buffalo? Really? You think that's more than a concern than the Jets being ELIMINATED from the playoffs before their kickoff? I find that VERY hard to believe.

I would be more comfortable with 15 giant screen TVs of the Jets-Phins game on the Patriots' sideline than I would be with a 4 pm start for the Jets.

I don't hate moving Mia-NYJ to 4:15, so long as you move Jax-Bal to 4:15 as well. If the Ravens lose and the Jets win, the Jets win the conference record tie-breaker, and get the 6 seed. I don't think the NFL wants to split the AFC East markets, and keeping the Ravens game the same time as the Jets game assures the Jets will at least remain competitive (although, call me naive, I don't think an NFL team would "tank" any game, consciously or subconsciously).

My prediction:

NE-Buf at 1PM
Mia-NYJ at 4:15PM
Jax-Bal at 4:15PM

+1

I fully agree with you.

Thankfully the players won't share in your "enthusiasm" should the Jets/Phins game get moved to 4:00pm and they'll still go and play with 110% effort.

It's really sad when the Pats own "fans" keep declaring the season over week after week.

What did he say that you disagree with?

He isn't saying the Patriots are going to lose.

He is saying that once the Jets get knocked out, they'll let down.

How does that make him Mr. Negative?

One additional factor in all this.

I've been thinking there will be talk around league circles about expanding the playoffs if the 11-5 Patriots miss out. They talked about it a few years ago already.

I wonder how the NFL office feels about expanded playoffs (more $$?)?

Could they try to "design" this controversy to benefit the league monetarily?

Ok, firstly, I am not a player. Secondly, I'm hardly the only one who is thinking this. It is a fact that these two teams obsessively hate each other. A fact.

I am being very realistic here. Take out all "throwing the game" stuff and the players just might not have that extra bit of focus, knowing they are out.

If Bal/Jax is also moved to 4, then I feel better about it. As long as their season is not over at kickoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back