PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Give Gost Credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

the taildragger

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I wish we hadn't needed him as much today but the Jets came to play...and his 9 points were HUGE.

Imagine the horns he'd be wearing if he'd missed a single kick...drilled 'em all...kid is clutch...and getting more confident.

I think he'd been better off kicking on the road...there's actually more pressure on a rookie kicker at home...especially replacing a franchise figurehead.

we don't notice kickers unless they miss...all year long it was, 'what's he going to do in a close game in January'...he answered the call and then some.

and with a brand new holder!

Peter King has led the Vinatieri doom talk all year long. Guess what, Steven not only makes kicks, but was huge in reasserting field position by taking a couple late return opportunities away from Justin Miller.

let's hear it for Gost!

I agree! An overlooked MVP of the game.

I give him massive credit - you could feel the momentum of the game depended on his kicks at certain points.

His success enabled to keep the Jets at arms length all game.

Some pundits think that kickers arrive in the pro's with a history in game winning playoff kicks.

NM

He was BOOMING some of those kickoffs. Great game for the Ghost.

Nugent had trouble getting his kicks to the 10yd line. Deep kickoffs definately helped us contain J.Miller.

Ill give him major credit, he has come to play ever time he is called on

Most of the time the Jets took the kickoff in the end zone although once he kicked it so far in the end zone they took the touch back.

Today he benefited on kickoffs fromm the good weather. I expect the same at San Diego next week if not better.

The Gost done an ecellant job!!!!Just think the years to come with the value...GO PATS!!!!!!NICE WIN TODAY!!!!:D

bump bump bump.... I was so happy to see him go 3for3 and boot a few long kickoffs! great for his confidence especially since all of his kicks were when the game was close!

He is doing very well and will only get better.
Just look at the Cowboy game last night to know there are no gimme's

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey