PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Give Asante His Paper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haterproof

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
The dude deserves a new contract.Hopefully Harrison returns next week.Asante & Harrison should be ready to rumble next week.Rivers will get ate alive

Pay the man. Show him the money.

i agree.. they have to keep him there.. it wouldnt make sense to break up the secondary.. we gotta keep all the guys there we can since we seem to always get injuries there..

Def. need to pay him. This team has lacked a playmaker in the secondary since Law in his prime.

I think they need to pay him as well.

But I believe he will be wearing Jet Green next year!

Asante and the Patriots agreed to wait until the off-season to discuss a contract when the reached an impass earlier.

SIGN him or else he have to draft a CB who may/ may not be as good!
Pay him

Asante is just getting ready to enter his prime. He has made big plays in LY and TY playoffs. Look at his numbers from this regular season and it is clear to see that he is on his upside. Letting him go could turn out to be ugly if he blossoms into the next great corner. How many years was Law in the League beofre he was making clutch plays in the playoffs?

I've felt all season he wouldn't be here next year. Lets just hope he doesn't go to another AFCE team. Like :eek: The Jets.

Pay the man. Show him the money.

laurencemaroney6og.jpg

22 Maroney?

Asante and the Patriots agreed to wait until the off-season to discuss a contract when the reached an impass earlier.

Too bad he couldn't keep his side of that bargain.

Huh? Maroney's still a rookie this year. Asante is the one that will be a FA next year. I think signing Asante long term is different from signing Ty long term. This is because Asante is just entering his prime whereas Ty was a DB entering the wrong side of 30. I think the Pats will lock up Asante long term once the season is over. They pay their "core" players. This we know from the Seymour and Brady signings.

Last edited:

I disagree, although Mangini may love him he has too many holes to fill at RB, DL, LB before he spends big cap $ on a CB. His corner backs would be good enough if the DL was better.

I believe there will be other teams like Denver or Cleveland who will also be bidding for his services, if the Pats decide not to ante up the $.

I like Hobbs more than Asante. I still think Asante plays the ball poorly on longer passes. He's always with his man but he has trouble making plays on those long 1 on 1 passes. Hobbs is better in that department from what I can see. However Asante is very solid and there's no doubt that the patriots will make a very fair offer. I also fear he will overvalue himself and there is at least one team out there (redskins maybe?) that will overpay for him.

Let's just enjoy the playoffs with him and hope he keeps up his good play and come to terms that he wont' be with us next year. I will be extremely surprised if he is playing in a patriots uniform next year, extremely surprised.

I like Hobbs more than Asante. I still think Asante plays the ball poorly on longer passes. He's always with his man but he has trouble making plays on those long 1 on 1 passes. Hobbs is better in that department from what I can see. However Asante is very solid and there's no doubt that the patriots will make a very fair offer. I also fear he will overvalue himself and there is at least one team out there (redskins maybe?) that will overpay for him.

Let's just enjoy the playoffs with him and hope he keeps up his good play and come to terms that he wont' be with us next year. I will be extremely surprised if he is playing in a patriots uniform next year, extremely surprised.
How can you credit Hobbs, I mean realllllly, who threw at him today vs. how many throws went at Asante? If Hobbs was so good, wouldn't opposing QBs be picking on him too?

Box don't you know this year the coaches all got together and came up with a plan to get Samuel off the patriots since he's so dominant. Instead of going after the easy target in Hobbs they all decided it was in their best interests to always throw towards Samuel to get him a bunch of INTs. Thus they get him a big payday elsewhere and get him off the patriots.

I mean NFL coaches can't all be just too stupid to realize that Hoobs is far inferior to Samuel so that's the only logical explanation.

Box don't you know this year the coaches all got together and came up with a plan to get Samuel off the patriots since he's so dominant. Instead of going after the easy target in Hobbs they all decided it was in their best interests to always throw towards Samuel to get him a bunch of INTs. Thus they get him a big payday elsewhere and get him off the patriots.

I mean NFL coaches can't all be just too stupid to realize that Hoobs is far inferior to Samuel so that's the only logical explanation.
Well, we know they're both short which must means something somewhere somehow to something, but clearly someone had it in for Hobbs by not throwing at him today - the poor kid.

How can you credit Hobbs, I mean realllllly, who threw at him today vs. how many throws went at Asante? If Hobbs was so good, wouldn't opposing QBs be picking on him too?

I always like it when I see some people who understand the facts and can see where they lead.

Samuel just makes big plays. Franchise him and work on a long term deal or make a trade. We franchised Tebucky Jones and got three draft picks for him. If we can't sign Samuel then we should be able to get at least a second and maybe a fourth and a fifth for him.

That crossed my mind too. But I won't mind if they overpay enough for him - like Duane Robertson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back