Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gitmo: Terrorist Factory

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wildo7, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/38779.html

And:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25218584/

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So he wasn't in the Taliban or AQ, but he was arrested because he might have been, and then a couple of years after his release he was considered one of the top twenty AQ leaders in the world?

Damn...that's advancement right there. I wonder if he got a raise with it?

Seriously--how do you go from having no connection to being a top dog in a couple of years?
  3. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

That's what the story is about, maybe you should actually read it.
  4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

ding, ding, ding...............

Couldn't be he was a freakin terrorist when he went in, and then just went back to being one after we pampered and fattened him up for was year.

NAWWWWWW, couldn't be :rolleyes:

Nice find Wildo. :singing:
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

I can't take this anymore
  6. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

ding, ding, ding! Pure genius! That's why they let him go right? Good analysis.
  7. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

Should I just keep posting this article in pieces so that those who refuse to read it before arguing against it don't keep putting a foot in their mouth?
  8. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

As for the second story.........

Wow, the Iraqi guy had scars on his thumbs that are basically identical and consistent to a KNOWN*** methods of torture used in Saddam-era Iraq, and claims to have had a stick shoved up his butt, but refused to allow the medical exam to prove it.

Damn, that's smoking gun stuff if I ever saw it. :rolleyes:

Color me skeptical.

9. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

How about I color you a deceitful cherry-picker?
  10. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

They probably let him go cuz the SUPREME COURT wanted to give him Habius Corpus cookies. You can't prove this sh!t either way, just cuz they claim that they are now working against the US. They probably were before hand.

We'll NEVER KNOW, cuz someone's lying, and none of us have the ability to prove otherwise, dispite your proclamations otherwise.
  11. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Show me DECEIT. I'm saying there is an agenda, and no proof.
  12. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

The fact that you chose ONE out of ELEVEN and failed to acknowledge the other evidence says enough.
  13. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well, you're one of the people who says the Bush administration is completely incompetent after all...
  14. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

Um no actually, the Supreme Court had nothing to do with it. And the U.S. would never release a terrorist only to put his face on card #16 of the most wanted. Does that make sense to you?

And I haven't even seen the U.S. deny this yet, so the "someone is lying" excuse is a tad premature don't ya think?

Here's a question for you: In the right wing mind, does it make sense that someone imprisoned wrongfully, without any idea of time, place or status, and probably abused would most likely strongly dislike his captor upon release? Or does the flag worship block your mind from thinking about such things?
  15. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

When did I say that? The Bush administration is very competent at doin what it wants to do.

And that's another pathetic argument, especially for someone who throws around the "apologist" label like it's going out of fashion.
  16. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Apologist label? I've only called Patters that that I know of--and there's a whole different dynamic at work there--remember the other day when you got mad at FTW and posted "I dare you to give me an infraction"? It's that kind of thing with Patters. I like him, but he overstepped on something.

And I should've put a ;) or even a :D in my post.
  17. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Of the 11, the seven at Abu, assuming they can prove they were abused, should be compensated, as known abuses occurred then during the period they were there. Of the other 4, they only gave specifics on 1, and as I outlined, details on that one are skeptical at best and should be looked at as such.

Talk abut cherry picking............ this study CHOSE to focus on Abu Ghraib during the time that KNOWN ABUSES took place there. It conveniently ignores the fact that that is ONE VERY ISOLATED period in the 7 years history of dealing with THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of prisoners and treated them far more decently that we could ever expect to be treated in return, the wide majority of them being GUILTY as sin.

Tell you what, I'll answer that question, when you answer this one. In your left wing, "I HATE AMERICA" brain, does it ever embarrass you to spew your hate filled rhetoric knowing that people that were FAR BETTER THEN YOU died to give you that right.

I'm not talking being critical of our country............. We all are from time to time...... including me, so I have no problem with that. YOU ARE ALWAYS critical and since you hate this country so much, I don't know how you sleep at night in this here in the place you obviously LOOTHE so much. People like you disgust me.
  18. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

I don't hate this country, I hate it's leadership and some of the things it's done. Maybe some day you'll figure out the difference. Hopefully soon. People like you amuse me. And which war exactly have we fought in the last 60 years in defense of my right to free speech? Care to give an example? Which country has actually attacked us since WWII? Oh that's right, none.
  19. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The War on Terror.....................

Sorry it escaped you.
  20. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

Thanks for the laugh, sorry you fell for that.
  21. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Like I said.......... your a HATER. It's what you do and who you are.
  22. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

And you're a child.
  23. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Really, Was Bush, Cheney, Rummy or any of those guys stationed at Gitmo? Did the man the fences at Abu. NO, they didn't. Those places are staffed, run and administrated by ORDINARY AMERICAN CITIZENS.

The entire premise of your post is to essentially claim that these places that are staffed, run and administrated by ORDINARY AMERICAN CITIZENS that systematically and regularly tortured inmates at both Abu and GITMO and turned those hapless innocent sheepherders into high level enemies of the state. Perhaps they were directed by the administration, but without complicity and perpetration by ordinary Americans, it could not happen. You were pointing to the actions of ORDINARY AMERICAN CITIZENS, not the leaders of this country. You don't even think we are at war.

Nice try, throwing the tired "I hate it's leadership" line, but the entire premise of your post indicates otherwise.

You think your COUNTRY IS EVIL and that the ordinary folks that serve as the military arm of it are fundamentally BAD. That makes you a HATER in the 1st degree.
  24. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

You're 24 right? And before you get all pissy, I'm not saying anything about maturity. I mention that because your generation doesn't quite grasp the Cold War really well. I was a kid during the tail end of it. In elementary school we used to practice fall out drills. Most halls, or rooms underground had signs that said "nuclear fallout shelter". I could only imagine what it was like in the 50's, 60's, & 70's. During those 60 years you speak of, an attack by our very feared enemy wasn't necessary, nor probably, for people to understand the threat we faced. Anyhow, I think people who didn't experience that don't quite understand what it was like.
  25. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well done. 24............. What a joke you are. You don't know sh!t sonny boy.
  26. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

By child I meant immature as you have evidenced here "sonny boy." I'm not gonna get into a trash talking episode with you, I'm here to give my views and back them up, which apparently you can't handle without acting like a tool. so the last word is yours, maybe you should use it for a "your mama" joke or something.
  27. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

It comes from the top down, as it does with everyone all over the world. Soldiers become desensitized, an atmosphere of cruelty develops and all of a sudden you get young men who were your next door neighbor one day turning into killers the next. That's what war does. Look at Nazi Germany. Look at Pol Pot or any other despot. One minute people are normal, the next they committ atrocities. It's human nature, and it's common to everyone all over the world including the U.S.. I don't define my disdain for people's actions based on what borders they were born in. It makes absolutely no sense. I hate to break it to you but just because you were born in the U.S. doesn't mean you are automatically a better person or more immune to desensitization and atrocities than any other human being on the planet. I don't think any country is "evil" or "good." That is just simplistic diarrhea.

Bush and co. created Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. They dictated the terms of it and developed an atmosphere of lawlessness and inhumanity. The funny thing is is that if we didn't have pictures of Abu Ghraib, you'd be calling anyone who brought it up an "America hater." You clearly have some anger issues and you have trouble in adult conversation, that's why I called you a child. And your insults and frustrated outbursts only further demonstrate how impotent you are in this conversation.
  28. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -3

People make mistakes letting this terrorist go was a mistake. Because of whining leftist they are perhaps erring on the side of caution rahter assuming the guilt of the captives.

After all if we capture OBL he will be innocent until proven guilty according to the USSC rigth? and if we tapped his cell in Pakistan with out a court order the evidence won't be admissiable in court rigth cause we would have violated his rights. Right?

Lefties are crazy and out of touch with the real world.
  29. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

And why would we be unable to get a court order to tap OBL's phone?

If they didn't know the guy was a terrorist why was he imprisoned in the first place?

There are rules and procedures in place for a reason, specifically to stop those in power from locking people up unjustly. None of what you are talking about means that the U.S. government can't follow the rules and lock up terrorists the right way. They just don't want to, and the world hates them for it.

Yeah that "real world" in which you can lock up anyone you want for forever and expect them not to hate you and retaliate. You're so in touch:rolleyes:
  30. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ahhhhhh, the old "you have anger issues" and "you are a child" insults all wrapped up into one insult. Outstanding. Or................

It could be that I have a distain for the BLAME AMERICA FIRST crowd that you obviously are a proud member of and EVERY post of yours even more clearly demonstrates that.

As for the top "reasonable" part of your response. The following orders excuse and mantra did not work for Hitler's minions and it does not work here. America has done some things that surely it cannot be proud of, but DURING THIS WAR, compared to wars past, our military has done an incredibly good job, despite the occasional bad act. They may not always agree with the mission, but they faithfully execute it EVERY DAY to the best of their ability.