PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Git yer Irish pride on; Brady is

Status
Not open for further replies.
this has to be the worst thread i've ever posted in. is irish a race ? no. do irish people drink ? yes. do other nationalities drink ? yes. do other races drink ? yes. do all irish people drink ? no. do i need to go to ireland to be irish? as my grandmother would say " you can scratch your ass with a broken bottle". i'm irish american and damn proud of it and that's what this thread should be about.

this has to be the worst thread i've ever posted in. is irish a race ? no. do irish people drink ? yes. do other nationalities drink ? yes. do other races drink ? yes. do all irish people drink ? no. do i need to go to ireland to be irish? as my grandmother would say " you can scratch your ass with a broken bottle". i'm irish american and damn proud of it and that's what this thread should be about.

As am I. But I'll be god damned if I can't even admit in a thread that I love Jack Daniels along with the majority of my other Irish American bretheren. :cool:

Alas, I cannot have Irish pride, for I have no Irish in me. Rather, I am primarily German - 100% on my old man's side; on my mom's side, it's a bit more complicated. Both her grandmothers were German, but one grandfather was Swiss and one was Bohemian and German. I'm still waiting for the German version of St. Patrick's Day, but I spose y'all are still too mad about that whole "trying to take over the world" thing the Germans pulled a couple times.

However... when I was in college, I discovered there was a guy in another dorm who had the exact same first and last name as me. Not that unusual in itself, but when I met the guy at a party, he said, "So your family's Irish, right?" I said, "No, German." He said, "Really? My family's totally Irish." For the record, though, there's a prominent British comic actor (well, probably more well known in Britain than America) who has my last name with one less letter, so I suppose it's not the strangest thing in the world.

Alas, I cannot have Irish pride, for I have no Irish in me. Rather, I am primarily German - 100% on my old man's side; on my mom's side, it's a bit more complicated. Both her grandmothers were German, but one grandfather was Swiss and one was Bohemian and German. I'm still waiting for the German version of St. Patrick's Day, but I spose y'all are still too mad about that whole "trying to take over the world" thing the Germans pulled a couple times.

However... when I was in college, I discovered there was a guy in another dorm who had the exact same first and last name as me. Not that unusual in itself, but when I met the guy at a party, he said, "So your family's Irish, right?" I said, "No, German." He said, "Really? My family's totally Irish." For the record, though, there's a prominent British comic actor (well, probably more well known in Britain than America) who has my last name with one less letter, so I suppose it's not the strangest thing in the world.

So your name is Benny Hillp?

I listen to music like AC/DC and Nirvana. You could only dream that Biggie could sell as many records as they did.

Hey, you would be the one to know all about that lipstick and stockings stuff. You do carry around a picture of Richard Simmons.

Sales determine quality? By your irrefutable logic, the Backstreet Boys > Nirvana.

No, you need to be from Ireland to be Irish.

Are you familiar with the term Irish American? Because that's what pretty much everyone in this thread has laid their claim to, and it doesn't require you to be from Ireland.

Sales determine quality? By your irrefutable logic, the Backstreet Boys > Nirvana.

You gotta love the desperation insults. "YOU LISTEN TO BIGGIE SMALLS... SO THERE! TAKE THAT YOU BIG JERK!". I wouldn't even bother, to be honest. Just do what I did, put him on ignore and just move on. He'll fade off like the rest of the trolls.

I do admit that I like AC/DC, but I never really could get into Nirvana. They had a select couple of songs that I liked, but that was about it. Personally, I think they're more about dead hero worship than anything.

What's the sterotype. English people can't stand in the place of Irish people and decide for the Irish what is an anti-Irish stereotype. Should white people be telling black people they shouldn't be offended by the 'n' word?

You said English people are the last people that should be deciding what Irish people do and dont find offensive. You're implying that you, as an American, have more rights than an Englishman.

And for your information, the people of England and Ireland are close and most dont even understand the troubles of the past. So please stop making ignorant assumptions. The point I was making is that the Irish people I know (my family and friends...which Im sure I have a lot more than yourself) laugh and promote the fact that Ireland is known for its drinking.

There is a difference between using it in a hateful way and then using it in a humorous way...but you will probably never understand that.

You gotta love the desperation insults. "YOU LISTEN TO BIGGIE SMALLS... SO THERE! TAKE THAT YOU BIG JERK!". I wouldn't even bother, to be honest. Just do what I did, put him on ignore and just move on. He'll fade off like the rest of the trolls.

I do admit that I like AC/DC, but I never really could get into Nirvana. They had a select couple of songs that I liked, but that was about it. Personally, I think they're more about dead hero worship than anything.

Don't count on me leaving. I been here now a few years counting and it's going to take more than a few ignorant ***h*les to drive me away. I would say more but since your ignoring me, there isn't much point of it.

Last edited:

Sales alone can't determine quality. It is a factor though.

Did the Boys even write any of the music they played?

You said English people are the last people that should be deciding what Irish people do and dont find offensive. You're implying that you, as an American, have more rights than an Englishman.

And for your information, the people of England and Ireland are close and most dont even understand the troubles of the past. So please stop making ignorant assumptions. The point I was making is that the Irish people I know (my family and friends...which Im sure I have a lot more than yourself) laugh and promote the fact that Ireland is known for its drinking.

There is a difference between using it in a hateful way and then using it in a humorous way...but you will probably never understand that.

My right as an Irish-American to object to racist stereotypes about the Irish and people of Irish descent supercedes your right as an Englishman to enjoy racial/ethnic stereotypes about the Irish.

I would imagine the Irish you know laugh about it because they know it's not true. Using it in a hateful way is when you talk about the stereotype as if you believe it to be true.

Hey ***clowns, I didn't create this thread for a small group of you to turn it into something ugly, childish and a playground exercise. Take your crap somewhere else.

Geez, just an article about Brady being Irish and proud of it.

There a MOD who can kill this trash heap?

Hey ***clowns, I didn't create this thread for a small group of you to turn it into something ugly, childish and a playground exercise. Take your crap somewhere else.

Geez, just an article about Brady being Irish and proud of it.

There a MOD who can kill this trash heap?

Sorry bud. It did start out well.

My right as an Irish-American to object to racist stereotypes about the Irish and people of Irish descent supercedes your right as an Englishman to enjoy racial/ethnic stereotypes about the Irish.

I would imagine the Irish you know laugh about it because they know it's not true. Using it in a hateful way is when you talk about the stereotype as if you believe it to be true.

They know it's not true eh? This despite the fact that Ireland consumes the third highest amount of alcohol per capita in the world?

UnusualMaps.com

What other 'truths' do you have for us?

Perhaps now is a good time for a little sing-a-long from Family Guy......

"Drunken Irish Dad":

Peter: Oh, he doesn't smell like Irish Spring.

And he never taught me anything.

But still, I slap my chest and sing of my drunken Irish dad.

Oh, his face looks like a railroad map

And he never shuts his freakin' trap.

Mickey: But all the ladies catch the Clap from your drunken Irish dad!

Peter: Ask a Hennessey, Tennessey, Morris, and Chaunacy, Riven, and Rudy, they'll tell you the same.

McNulty, Mulrooney, and Carter, and Clooney all feel the same mixture of pride and of shame.

Mickey: Finnegan, Hannigan, Kelly, and Flanagan look to the ground when their dad passes by.

Hafferty, Rafferty, Joyce, and O'Lafferty fight for his honor and then start to cry!

Both: Oh, we Irish lads are all infirm

And our moods infect us like a germ,

Because we're all the spawn of a pickled sperm!

Mickey: And we don't tan well either.

Both: From our drunken Irish dad!

They know it's not true eh? This despite the fact that Ireland consumes the third highest amount of alcohol per capita in the world?

UnusualMaps.com

What other 'truths' do you have for us?

Less than New Hampshire, you say? Any comparative analysis on the subject that leaves out Russia is, shall we say, wanting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes