Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gingrich Speaks

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 3 / -10

Please, don't start with the "Blow Jobs In The Parking Lot" like all the Clinton people said "seperate the sex from the politics, boys will be boys"

On The Assangieyo Leaks
    He Said
    Gingrich said the leaks are "a scandal of the first order" and that they demonstrate the Obama administration is "shallow" and "amateurish" when it comes to national security.

"You have a private first class who downloads a quarter million documents, and the system doesn't say, 'Oh, you may be over extended?' I mean, this is a system so stupid that it ought to be a scandal of the first order," Gingrich said. "This administration is so shallow and so amateurish about national security that it is painful and dangerous."

Gingrich: Leaks show Obama administration 'shallow,' 'amateurish' - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  2. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +418 / 8 / -4

Something tells me Obama / his admin didn't put this system in place.

3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +766 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

"Something" tells you right.

It all goes back to SIPRNet - which was fully mandated and implemented after 9/11 so that agencies could access information from other agencies quickly and without problems.

The post-Sept. 11 information sharing mandate, placed in law by Congress, led in part to the inclusion of the massive database of State Department cables on the system of military computer networks known as the Secret Internet Protocol Router Network, or SIPRNet.

Leaks may clog up anti-terrorism intelligence sharing - Los Angeles Times

Since the terrorist attacks of September 2001, there has been a move in the US to link up separate archives of government information, in the hope that key intelligence no longer gets trapped in information silos or "stovepipes".

An increasing number of US embassies were plugged into Siprnet in the last decade, so that military and diplomatic information can be shared. In 2002, 125 embassies were on Siprnet; by 2005, there were 180.

Siprnet: where America stores its secret cables | World news | The Guardian

Analysts say the WikiLeaks disclosures can be traced in part to changes instituted in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States. The 9/11 Commission sharply criticized intelligence agencies for failing to share critical information with each other that, when combined, might have revealed and perhaps thwarted the plot. But analysts say intelligence agencies by nature are secretive and distru(Please be quiet - edited)l of outsiders, so getting them to open up to each other has been a monumental task.

The Pentagon created a classified computer network called the Secret Internet Protocol Router Network, or SIPRNet, a classified Internet linking the Defense and State Departments, allowing them to exchange messages and information graded "Secret" or below. In the spirit of open exchange, it is accessible to anyone with the proper security clearance in either agency.

VOA | WikiLeaks Disclosure Highlights Problems of Sharing Secret Information Within US Government | News | English

Nice try at passing the buck, Newt.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, it's someone else's fault. Heck, it's always someone else's fault. Sure Obama has been President for almost 2 full years, but it's not like he's actually responsible for anything! :rolleyes:

5. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

How is it that, some people are yelling for execution for this leak, yet, just politics as usual when a CIA agent's name was leaked.

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +766 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

I'm sure he's responsible for alot....but not this.

7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Does that mean Clinton was responsible for 9/11?

8. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +418 / 8 / -4

:rolleyes: So the Obama administration did put the existing system in place?

Sorry if I don't simply accept Newt's continued partisan nonsense at face value, as you apparently do.

I guess that 9/11 and the recession were in fact Bush's fault. Thanks for finally clearing that up.

9. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +418 / 8 / -4

He certainly bore some responsibility for it being able to occur. Just not by your "reasoning."

10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's not my reasoning, it's MrsPFnVA's.

This isn't March, 2009, anymore. It's sad how we are almost 2 full years into the Obama administration and still to liberals, nothing's his fault or his responsibility.

11. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Everytime Newt speaks, God kills a Kitten.....

12. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +418 / 8 / -4

I guess you missed the "not."

Some people realize the president isn't to blame for everything that happens while they're president -- something many Republicans seem to have forgotten since a dem took office...

13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And just as many Dems forgot from January 2001 to January 2009.

14. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Disingenuous by Newt. Yes, the system should definitely monitor usage and flag things like he mentioned, but as others have pointed out there are very good reasons for increased data sharing (like the failure to share being partly responsible for 9/11). In fact it was a problem railed against by members of the Bush administration, and they were in fact the ones that pushed for the change. John Ashcroft talks about it pretty extensively in his book (yes I read it, and yes, I got it at the dollar store originally as a joke gift for a liberal friend of mine). I am (gasp!) with the Mrs. and chico on this one. Let's celebrate this guys, it doesn't happen very often!

15. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +418 / 8 / -4

That may well be. But you're the one who, in this thread, in your response to me, seems to think the president must be to blame.

So which is it? Did Obama implement the existing system? Are Gingrich's comments the usual bs we can expect to hear out of him?

16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All I know is that the chain of command has the President at the very top, and Obama has held that position for about 2 years now. There comes a point when you just look foolish blaming previous administrations for every little problem. And "that point" has long since come and gone.

17. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Cat. The other white meat. A message from allergics everywhere.

Carry on.:D

18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +805 / 26 / -33

Newt Gingrich says, "There is nothing wrong with getting a BJ from a Senate Intern in the parking lot"...

Newt Gingrich says, "There is nothing wrong with asking your wife immediately after cancer surgery, in the hospital for a divorce so he an marry a younger woman."

Newt Gingrich says, "There is nothing wrong with being a draft dodger, after all I am a favorite son."

Newt Gingrich says, "There is nothing wrong with being a dead beat dad, the Court did not tell me to pay child support."

Newt Gingrich says, "Now that I am a Catholic, I am a really good person, honest to God."

Newt Gingrich says, "There is nothing wrong with receiving the highest penalty for an ethics violation, and embarassing the Republican Party, I did the crime and I resigned."

Why the right reveres and deifies this philandering, intern loving, wife swapper can never figure out.. Newt is lower than whale shyt..

If it were not for the protection of Rupert he would just be a bad memory..

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Sometimes I really wonder why I come in here. How does one go about having a serious conversation with a person who claims we all need to 'separate the sex from the politics' when that same someone has used the expression 'Billy blue dress' at least 857,000 times?

How do the small number of you that resist trolling, do so? It eludes me.

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 3 / -10

I don't think sex should be seperate from politics it shows the "weakness in character" Gingrich should never hold another public office that f-cking drunken slobbering bag of sh!t Ted Kennedy should have been kicked out of Politics years ago it's the double standard I was jabbing at the Phony Liberal Democrats who twittered and squealed and made all kinds of excuses for "Billy Blue Dress" but seemed shocked and astounded that Newt Gingrich got a Blow Job in a parking lot.

Remember This Sh!t:
    "Oh who cares"
    "if his wife don't care why should we"
    "what would you do"
    "oh so what"
    "the french always do it"
    "so what"
    "way to go Bill"
    "tee hee"

:bricks: