PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gillette Virgin Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
This will be my first game at Gillette and only my second home game ever.

I am renting a car from Logan on Sunday morning, what time should I leave to arrive there right when the gates open? (4 - 4.5 hours prior to 1pm kick-off?). I'm guessing there wouldn't be much traffic at 7am or 8am on a Sunday but I don't want to assume.

I got tickets off of eBay from a broker which e-mailed them to me. Can I check whether my tickets are valid without actually entering the stadium? In other words can they scan to see that its valid say 3 hours before kick off and then I can come back at 30 minutes prior to kick-off to actually enter? I'm thinking that if I got scammed, I would still have time to buy from scalpers. This would be a worst case scenario but I already spent a lot of money to get to Boston so I'm not going to Foxboro and not see the game.

Can I bring signs in? Are there restrictions regarding size and materials?

Is it shorts weather throughout the game? Or should I expect it to be cold by the end of the game (and during post-game tailgating)?

How early and late is the pro shop open? When is the least busy time (I heard the line is usually out the door)?

Hey Barry, sorry to go temporarily in another direction but I'll be coming down for my annual trip to Orange County in a few weeks and wanted to check that it's OK to bring kids to the place where you guys watch the games (same place as last year, right ?). I know it's a restaurant, not a real bar, but I can't keep up with these kinds of laws and don't want to be surprised.

I'm actually taking a poll among our members right now to see which side of Nationals we'd like to sit on. If it ends up being the restaurant, then kids are fine 100% of the time. If we sit on the bar side, then it kind of depends.

Sadly, it depends on whether there is a Raiders game going on at the same time since they tend to get rowdy and have had problems. Now that they are 0 - 3, they are probably giving up and won't have much of a presence.

Let me know which game you might be coming down for and I can let you know what the situation is. Ideally, I'd like everyone and their families to be able to come down and join us (in a safe, friendly environment).

We'll be down for the Buffalo game, the game after the bye. We've always done it with just my wife and me before but this time we're stuck with the kids :rolleyes: or :) or :( - I'm not sure which face I'll have . . .

Gates open 4 hours before kickoff. Traffic isn't that bad that early in the morning.

I assume the guy emailed you a ticketfast ticket. I don't believe there is a way to check their authenticity. I would go by the seller's eBay feedback ratings and comments. If they are all good, I wouldn't worry.

I believe that signs are fine, although you really don't see too many at Gillette Stadium.

Assuming you are going next week, it might be shorts weather. But I'd check the forecast. It's been pretty cool here in the mornings lately.

Prohibited Items...
http://www.gillettestadium.com/stadium_information/index.cfm?ac=prohibited_items

Last edited:
The proshop closes at one point to outsiders just before the gates to the stadium opens. When that happens, you must enter into the stadium first and then go into the proshop through their side door inside the stadium. I went at that time last year and there was no line inside. You will miss some tailgating time though.

The postgame tailgate could be a bit chilly, it is getting darker earlier now. Dress in layers, use your judgement before the game and leave behind what you don't want to wear. Put it on during your postgame tailgate.

I think they'll check out the sign, but as long as it's not overly offensive you should be able to get it in.

I wouldn't wear shorts. Wear a pair of pants and a t-shirt and bring a sweatshirt.

I don't think there's any way for you to check the validity of the ticket before entering. At any rate you should be able to grab tix from a scalper at the last second if you have to.

Good luck and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back