PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gillette & Boston Area Tips Please

lcbj68c

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey Pats Fans,

I'm a Packers fan that will be visiting from Tampa with my co-worker Pats fan for the SNF game on 12/19. It's my first trip to Mass/NE area, and just wanted to see what kind of response I could generate on here with regards to traveling to your wonderful area and stadium? Some specific items, A) Is the train a good way in and out of Gillette if we are staying downtown. B) Are there any areas to avoid. C) Do I need to avoid wearing my alternate team apparel in NE, like I do when I go to Philly? D) I think we are hitting a Celtics game at TDBankgardenfleet whatever they call it now. What else would you consider a tourist must do considering a short 3-day stay in Boston. Thanks in advance for the replies. I always find Pats Fans great company when you come to Green Bay and Tampa.

Last edited:
These threads are old but should answer most of your questions:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/70419-ot-uk-fan-coming-foxboro.html

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...408-questions-about-boston-foxboro-areas.html

Gillette is notorious for being the worst stadium to get in to and out of on game days. Not driving also means you don't need to rent a car at all during your visit. Though far from perfect the public transportation in Boston is light years ahead of what is available in Tampa. The downside is that taking the train means no tailgating.

Any fan wearing gear of the visiting team is inviting himself to some commentary in any NFL stadium. Just have some common sense and don't say something stupid to invite trouble. No, Pats fans are not equivalent of Eagle fans.

As far as any 'must do' things, I'd suggest visiting Faneuil Hall and the North End at the top of the list, as well as some haddock and clam chowder at a seafood restaurant of your choice.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back