PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gill and Gino have to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Morse

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet. I listened to the game as I watched it live at the stadium. I don't know what game Gill and Gino were watching, but they constantly misidentified players. Gino's voice was very weak. It's time for them to be replaced. and lets not let the pre-season duo of Don Criqui and Randy Cross off either. They were brutal on the Kraft produced telecast.

Whose this Greg ****erson? Meterperel? YOu must be pining for their job with this post, right?

Yeah lets get rid of the 2 class individuals, who bring proffesionalism and history to a brodcast, so we can have Gary Tangway, Scott Zolak and Andy Gresh as the new broadcasters.. Yeah that is some smart move..:rolleyes:

no kidding...how about Day-yul Arnold and Shrecksh aka Gresh doing thr games....lets toss out two legends right away so we can bring out the C team:bricks:

Oh come on. Gil and Geno are the best. It's hilarious when Gil gets the call wrong and Geno corrects him. The broadcasts wouldn't be the same without them. If anyone has to go, it's Randy Cross, who despite his attempts to look younger with Grecian Formula for Men, still calls Matt Light "Todd Light" for something like 4 years running.

First thread i have ever rated with one star. :bricks:

Gino has lived the game inside and out on all facets of the game on offense, on defense, and on special teams, and as a coach of the team. He has done it since the start of the Patriots and knows what the hell he is talking about when he talks about a play. You won't find anyone out there in the NFL who has his chops let alone his abilities on air.

Santos knows how to describe the action, when to shut up and let Gino do the commentary, and what to add to conversations about plays that aren't forced to kill time.

There is a reason why Gino and Gill have been working together for most of the last 39 years. The two are some of the greatest football announcers ever.

They know what the hell they are saying, they know more about the game and are clearer in their descriptions and quick on the action. This is preseason, nobody is going to know who every single player on every single down for both teams are especially guys who won't be there in a couple of weeks. When they start making huge mistakes on air during regular season games then you can start this talk but this was during preseason!!!

Last edited:
51YPG5Q3F3L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Yeah lets get rid of the 2 class individuals, who bring proffesionalism and history to a brodcast, so we can have Gary Tangway, Scott Zolak and Andy Gresh as the new broadcasters.. Yeah that is some smart move..:rolleyes:

What Sean said .... :yeahthat: ....

Any of those 3 azzclowns ever get on and I will watch the game on mute.

Tanguay ... really dude ... lay off the sauce ... it shows.

Gil and Gino are fine ... a bit old fashioned ... but so am I.

Last edited:
Gil may have lost his fastball but hes still good. Gino may be a bit long in the tooth and may forget where he is now and then but I find his voice nostalgic and sorta soothing. They bring back memories when I had to listen to the games on the radio because of blackouts. Id keep Gino in the booth til they have to carry him out.

Replace Gil & Gino with Criqui & Cross (& Zolak & Gresh), and I completely agree with you.

Gil and Gino, on their death beds would be better than 90 % of all the anouncers on radio or TV, I only wish they did the tv anouncing as I can never get the tv and radio in sinc.
I love those two!

Replace Gil & Gino with Criqui & Cross (& Zolak & Gresh), and I completely agree with you.

Cross doesn't even know the name of the starting 4-time All-Pro Left Tackle. (You know, that "Todd" guy).

The OP is complaining about Gil + Gino not knowing all the street FA's names in TC.

So, you'd be advocating replacing Sam Adams with Milwaukee's Best?

Hey, maybe they could also change the name of the team to the Tigercats!!!!

Last edited:
Gil may have lost his fastball but hes still good. Gino may be a bit long in the tooth and may forget where he is now and then but I find his voice nostalgic and sorta soothing. They bring back memories when I had to listen to the games on the radio because of blackouts. Id keep Gino in the booth til they have to carry him out.

I think this will sort out across generational lines. I'm one of the old guys and would gladly listen to these two until they can't croak it out anymore.

I'm glad to see the strong support for G&G. Those guys are an institution.

Gil and Gino are still great, I just listened to them last week on Sirius radio as I was driving cross country. Who cares if one of them flubs a name every now and then, hell, I do that most every day myself.

I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet. I listened to the game as I watched it live at the stadium. I don't know what game Gill and Gino were watching, but they constantly misidentified players. Gino's voice was very weak. It's time for them to be replaced. and lets not let the pre-season duo of Don Criqui and Randy Cross off either. They were brutal on the Kraft produced telecast.

Good GOD MAN! NO!

Who were you looking for play by play? Billy Mays and the Shamwow guy?

Most people, and I guarantee the majority of people on this site (taking into consideration the average age of those who jumped on the bandwagon after 2001) don't even know who Gino IS in relation to The New England Patriots organization.
Originator of this thread better Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes