PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gil Santos -- King of the Sports Faux Pas

stephens44

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
What is with this guy saying all of those jinx cliche's that you just dont say????
"The Patriots are a very good twp pt conversion team" -2pt attempt fails
"Stephen Gostkowski has never really been tested with pressure kicks" -Kick fails....

Eeeesh

Last edited:
Hey it wasn't in the cards today........I'm still trying to fully process the end to the game.

But the bright side is Chandler Jones is a f-ing monster and the defense carried the offense all today. Vollmer needs to be healthy, Waters return wouldn't upset me either.

Just seems after Hernandez left the offense sputtered and made mental errors after a good rhythm was achieved.

I didnt listen to Gil but I did have a sneaky suspicion watching the game that they could be shooting themselves in the foot by settling for a FG in that situation. They had ample opportunity to gain more yard and they had Arizona's D on their heels but after Welker's catch, they did nothing to try to advance their field position or score a TD. I am of the opinion that you never leave the outcome of a game to a FG kicker, no matter how good that kicker is, unless you really NEED to.

What is with this guy saying all of those jinx cliche's that you just dont say????
What about the anti-jinx things you said right before the kick when you rubbed your rabbit's foot? Maybe Gil's jinx out-jinxed your anti-jinx?

Maybe Jimi Hendrix did a voodoo chile thing right at that moment. Maybe an elephant farted in Kenya.

lol, it cracked me up and at the same time I couldn't believe the Doh! moments.

What about the anti-jinx things you said right before the kick when you rubbed your rabbit's foot? Maybe Gil's jinx out-jinxed your anti-jinx?

He's on the radio fool, EVERYONE listening has to anti-jinx simultaneously in order to be effective... jeez. :D

Well, of course Gil was just saying what we were all thinking. I thought the same thing - we are really good at 2 pt. conversions. We are pretty good at pressure/long kicks, and look what Ghost has already done today. Did I cost them the game? Leave ole Gil alone. Lots of people around here love him!

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back